NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 315 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

Do you want a two-paragraph headline?
This headline is way better.
7504D502-1159-4C58-B386-8D63919D943F.jpeg

It atleast doesn’t hide the fact Reid isn’t being investigated.

Idk if the details are out yet but I imagine it’s a restructure of his contract to essentially push the $24 mil into future years. Players do this all the time where they push money into future years but get a portion of it guaranteed so it ends up being a win-win for both parties. No idea if Brees required some of it become guaranteed in this case but from his perspective, he’s retiring anyways so he was never going to see that $24 million so there’s no harm in helping his team on his way out.

They are doing it to split up his cap hit over multiple years for sure.

They are doing it to split up his cap hit over multiple years for sure.
Brees saved the Saints 33 million for next year’s cap.
He had restructured 23 million down to 1.05 million.
His roster bonus of 22 million will get split into 11 million next year and 11 million for 2022 because Brees will get a post June cut.

So Saints save 33 million for next year.
How much more do they have to create.

Both Britt and Garrett had very bad addiction issues and Britt made some very bad decisions during those days that got him into the legal trouble that's already been mentioned in the thread. I don't blame Andy for that. My cousin died of addiction issues and my aunt and uncle were great parents.

As my cousin experienced, when you have those kind of issues, it can be very difficult for someone to give you a chance. Andy gave Britt a chance.

Ultimately, Britt is responsibile for his own actions. He's an adult. But yes, Andy is the one who brought him into the organization and into the Kansas City community and has some questions to answer. In particular, if there was drinking on the job.

And while I do have sympathy for addiction issues, make no mistake that Britt and Andy are not the victims in this situation. Those two young kids that were injured in the accident are the victims.

And I think samspann brought up a very good question if Britt would be coaching if he wasn't in the hospital. Quite frankly, I don't understand how Andy can coach. I feel comfortable in saying that if this happened in my family, it wouldn't be back to work like normal a few days later, no matter how high profile my job was.

Brees saved the Saints 33 million for next year’s cap.
He had restructured 23 million down to 1.05 million.
His roster bonus of 22 million will get split into 11 million next year and 11 million for 2022 because Brees will get a post June cut.

So Saints save 33 million for next year.
How much more do they have to create.
About another 30 million LOL. I would not be surprised if Thomas got traded tbh.

I've always liked Andy Reid and consider him an all-time great coach. But I don't think its a stretch or inappropriate to say he's a below average father.

Reality is that we could look at people at the top of many different fields (politics, sports, entertainment etc.) whose offspring repeatedly got themselves in serious trouble. And often times the one child was the dark sheep of the family while other siblings were just fine. In those cases did the parent do a good job with one kid and not the other? It's not that simple.

I kinda get it, but unless they can actually get multiple firsts for Carr, I don’t think I’d bother if I were in their shoes. If after trading Carr and trading for Wentz, it all nets out to essentially trading Carr for Wentz and a 1st, I could see the argument in favor of that.

We'll see. I don't think the disparity in trade value between the two is not that wide.

Last edited:
Both Britt and Garrett had very bad addiction issues and Britt made some very bad decisions during those days that got him into the legal trouble that's already been mentioned in the thread. I don't blame Andy for that. My cousin died of addiction issues and my aunt and uncle were great parents.

As my cousin experienced, when you have those kind of issues, it can be very difficult for someone to give you a chance. Andy gave Britt a chance.

Ultimately, Britt is responsibile for his own actions. He's an adult. But yes, Andy is the one who brought him into the organization and into the Kansas City community and has some questions to answer. In particular, if there was drinking on the job.

And while I do have sympathy for addiction issues, make no mistake that Britt and Andy are not the victims in this situation. Those two young kids that were injured in the accident are the victims.

And I think samspann brought up a very good question if Britt would be coaching if he wasn't in the hospital. Quite frankly, I don't understand how Andy can coach. I feel comfortable in saying that if this happened in my family, it wouldn't be back to work like normal a few days later, no matter how high profile my job was.
I think you make several excellent points. I believe you are sincere that you wouldn't go back to work in the same situation. I also feel confident in saying that, right or wrong, 32 out of 32 NFL head coaches would coach in the SB given the same circumstances. I think a) these guys are wired differently and b) there are numerous constituents counting on these HC's to do their jobs. Not coaching in the game does not make the situation any better.

About another 30 million LOL. I would not be surprised if Thomas got traded tbh.
That’s just if the cap stays flat right? I think based on the current projected salary cap of $175 mil, they still need to clear another $60-70 mil to get under the cap lol.

That’s just if the cap stays flat right? I think based on the current projected salary cap of $175 mil, they still need to clear another $60-70 mil to get under the cap lol.
I think the cap will be around 185 million.
The NFL isn’t going to want to piss of the players too much and the owners can add the 17th game next year which allows them to use that chip in negotiating new TV deals and give the current deals even more money for the 17th game.

I think you make several excellent points. I believe you are sincere that you wouldn't go back to work in the same situation. I also feel confident in saying that, right or wrong, 32 out of 32 NFL head coaches would coach in the SB given the same circumstances. I think a) these guys are wired differently and b) there are numerous constituents counting on these HC's to do their jobs. Not coaching in the game does not make the situation any better.

I think you are absolutely right that all head coaches would be there. It's definitely a high profile position with a lot of people counting on you, which I admit is not something I can relate to with my job.

I agree that Britt is an adult who is responsible for his own actions. But I also think that the seeds for who people become as adults are planted by the way their parents raise them. And based on everything I've read about the Reid family especially during the time of Garrett's overdose, it sounds like Andy's kids were basically allowed to roam around town being menaces to society with very little oversight or authority. That said, obviously the situation with Britt could have still happened even if Andy was a model parent.

I agree that Britt is an adult who is responsible for his own actions. But I also think that the seeds for who people become as adults are planted by the way their parents raise them. And based on everything I've read about the Reid family especially during the time of Garrett's overdose, it sounds like Andy's kids were basically allowed to roam around town being menaces to society with very little oversight or authority. That said, obviously the situation with Britt could have still happened even if Andy was a model parent.

I can't really argue with that. Even in my cousin's case, there were a couple incidents in college that my uncle and aunt told us about after he died. In hindsight, they probably should have sent off a bigger warning signal and been taken more seriously. I'd never tell them that. I'm sure they think about it every day of their lives.

IMO, it's an organizational thing. Look at some of the guys who've been brought to KC during Reid's tenure: Marcus Peters, Kareem Hunt, Tyreek Hill, Frank Clark, etc...

Bienemy has had legal issues in the past, and I'm betting that's the main reason he hasn't gotten a HC gig yet.

I truly believe that winning games is literally all that matters to the decision makers in the organization, Reid included. Scummy mindset.

Idk if the details are out yet but I imagine it’s a restructure of his contract to essentially push the $24 mil into future years. Players do this all the time where they push money into future years but get a portion of it guaranteed so it ends up being a win-win for both parties. No idea if Brees required some of it become guaranteed in this case but from his perspective, he’s retiring anyways so he was never going to see that $24 million so there’s no harm in helping his team on his way out.

Brees would be owed all of that $24 mil but this would allow the Saints to keep Brees on the roster, even if he retires tomorrow, until June 1st then they move him to the retired list and split the guaranteed money owed over the next two years. It buys him more time to decide on retirement and also helps the Saints with their cap situation.

Multiple DUI contacts for Coach's son. Not good.

Those children die, he's done. As he should be.

We need a team of ex mercenaries like the A Team to take out drunk drivers that kill.

I kinda get it, but unless they can actually get multiple firsts for Carr, I don’t think I’d bother if I were in their shoes. If after trading Carr and trading for Wentz, it all nets out to essentially trading Carr for Wentz and a 1st, I could see the argument in favor of that.

I hate Carr but Wentz is not an upgrade. Pass

If Mahomes tested positive tomorrow what are the chances the NFL would pull him? 0.0001%?

Since the Patriots can’t be made an example of the NFL will do it to the Saints.

I bet the Saints lose a 3rd round pick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom