NHL Playoffs | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

NHL Playoffs

washed up former Sabre Eric Staal with the assist on Gallagher's goal. 1-0 Habs.

2-0 Habs
Leafs Gagging, but still a lot of time and they have come back from multi goal deficits in this series.

Funny watching the Leafs get guys like Foligno, Bogosian, Simmonds, Thornton, etc. and have no depth while teams like Colorado just keep adding more talent.

Funny watching the Leafs get guys like Foligno, Bogosian, Simmonds, Thornton, etc. and have no depth while teams like Colorado just keep adding more talent.
Bigger issue for the Leafs is that their big ticket players (Mathews, Marner, Nylander, Rielly, etc.) have been relative no-shows while for the Avs, MacKinnon, Makar, Landeskog and Rantanen have excelled.

While I despise the Leafs and their fanbase, I feel a bit for Mathews, Marner and Nylander, as they're going to get ripped in the media this off-season.

The Leafs have less series wins than the Knicks since 2002.

This is an epic gag job.
They played the Joe Thornton-Jason Spieza line too much.

This Toronto gag job is going to give the Avs/Knights winner a free run to the Cup final.
Which sucks.
Winnipeg/Montreal would play the winner of Colorado/Vegas.

Bigger issue for the Leafs is that their big ticket players (Mathews, Marner, Nylander, Rielly, etc.) have been relative no-shows while for the Avs, MacKinnon, Makar, Landeskog and Rantanen have excelled.

While I despise the Leafs and their fanbase, I feel a bit for Mathews, Marner and Nylander, as they're going to get ripped in the media this off-season.

Marner has been terrible but I think the others have been fine for them. You need four lines to win in the playoffs

Marner has been terrible but I think the others have been fine for them. You need four lines to win in the playoffs
Eh, Matthews was invisible tonight. I don't disagree about needing depth to win in the playoffs, but it's really hard to win when your best players don't play well.

Eh, Matthews was invisible tonight. I don't disagree about needing depth to win in the playoffs, but it's really hard to win when your best players don't play well.
Matthews was brutal this last 3 games but it really seemed like Toronto played their 4th line way too much these last games.

Can’t believe Montreal came back from 3-1.

So your hope for a Boston-Toronto Stanley Cup Final still exists! Although, Colorado looks like world beaters right now. Going to be tough to take them out.
It is a long time before the finals. Teams will look different by the time they get there. Plus, since they only played inside their own division this year, no one can be sure who is really, really, good at this point.

It is a long time before the finals. Teams will look different by the time they get there. Plus, since they only played inside their own division this year, no one can be sure who is really, really, good at this point.
I do think the East was the most balanced division.
Outside of Buffalo the rest of the division wasn’t garbage.

I also think Colorado and Vegas are two of the 3 best teams in the entire league.
Tampa being the other super team.

Boston probably would rather play Colorado/Vegas over Tampa though.
This season though with Hall the Bruins have 2 really solid lines to go against Tampa.
Hedman-Sergachev have shut down Bergeron/Pasta/Marchand so having Hall and Krejci playing well would give Boston a better chance against Tampa this year.

He was not good tonight and you're right, your stars generally need to be your best players. I think I would still caution about possibly moving Matthews if I was the Leafs (although I hope they do as a Sabres fan!)

montreal
game 1 toronto scores 1

game 3 toronto scores with 10 min to go in 2nd
game 5 toronto scores 1 goal into the 3rd
game 6 toronto scores with 10 min to go
game 7 Toronto scores with 1:30 to go

too many games of no scoring for them. other than some PP and bad bounce goals they couldnt score..

but good for me as i had them at big +money in all the wins. they were the better team all yr vs Toronto and Edmonton.. Winn they struggled with.

Somebody definitely made a deal with the devil and sold the Leafs soul for a Raptors championship.

Somebody definitely made a deal with the devil and sold the Leafs soul for a Raptors championship.

Lowry, Leonard, Gasol, Ibaka, FVV are the exact opposite of some of the Leafs stars in terms of heart and character.

Somewhere out in TV land, Mike Babcock is smiling ...

This Toronto gag job is going to give the Avs/Knights winner a free run to the Cup final.
Which sucks.
Winnipeg/Montreal would play the winner of Colorado/Vegas.
So in this season of craziness and new divisions, the Stanley Cup final will most likely be East vs West anyway unless Montreal makes a run.

have to be suspension after that hit and they were down a guy from earlier in the game on D already. juts a dumb play. Evans was playing well too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom