NIL | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

NIL

It's the dumbest rule ever. Completely not enforcible because there will be no way to prove "why" a given company choose to pay for the endorsement... Nor any way to prove the school didn't actually set it up.
Then that should benefit us. They are clearly not enforcing it. The bags are out the open

There will always be behind the scenes people to ensure plausible deniability by the university, this will kill college sports and this has already started. The OSU QB is making more than some people in the NFL right now
The company is paying this kid to sign autographs and he hasn’t proven anything at the college level. Crazy. Will these autographs become NFTs down the line? Guess I need to go back to business school and re-learn business plans. Or maybe they’re all grifters in large college towns. If the kid only signs 25 autographs at some point because he threw 3 interceptions at Michigan then… ?

The company is paying this kid to sign autographs and he hasn’t proven anything at the college level. Crazy. Will these autographs become NFTs down the line? Guess I need to go back to business school and re-learn business plans. Or maybe they’re all grifters in large college towns. If the kid only signs 25 autographs at some point because he threw 3 interceptions at Michigan then… ?

It's pretty straightforward... They are passing him $1.4 million to play at their favorite school. If they make some money back from the deal, great. But it's a recruiting incentive for a top recruit just like always, now made legal.

It's pretty straightforward... They are passing him $1.4 million to play at their favorite school. If they make some money back from the deal, great. But it's a recruiting incentive for a top recruit just like always, now made legal.
I liked the old days better when the top recruit only wanted a tractor.

Devo is doing a kids basketball day camp featuring the Boeheim brothers. The following day he is having a round table discussion with the bros, Blackwell, and others. More info found here...

https://twitter.com/TheCircuit/status/1433201299428941827?s=19

Mods.. feel free to move this to a different thread of it fits better elsewhere.

This is nice, but small ball.

NIL is such an opportunity for Syracuse. It has to be more than celebrating local boys do good.

So can athletes now compete in off season competition? ie TBT or some summer league?

If not they should add "A" as in NILA A=ability

Off season athletes should be able to compete in whatever sports they want to and get paid for doing so. Why limit it to N.I.L?

Free oil changes from Bob Johnson Chevy in Pulaski.
Id take some free brisket once a week from Dino lol. I did see where the UK football team had a deal for their qb/lineman to get a dinner once a week or something like that from a local restaurant. QB keeping his guys fed!

I feel weird buying jerseys and don’t, tshirt with a picture of a college kid and his name is much more weird. Anyone buy this stuff?

Doesn't everyone have a pair of Buddy Buckets sandals?

I feel weird buying jerseys and don’t, tshirt with a picture of a college kid and his name is much more weird. Anyone buy this stuff?

I haven't either but I look more at it as something for the man cave collection to go on the wall than a shirt I would wear...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom