NIL | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

NIL

The only merchandise where you walk up to the register and go “no, no, no, no, YES I’ll buy it!”.
The Sorrentine effect.

VT ducks…..

That Big Ten $$. Does he get the tax write-off? Does he pay taxes??

Can SU just start laundering Russian oligarch money to get/keep some players
Weird post. A guy uses his NIL for something really positive and that's your reaction?? He didn't keep a cent of the money. Full disclosure, my dad is an Iowa grad so I follow their program closely and Tyler is one of the really good parts of college athletics. If Buddy did this, we'd be nominating him for sainthood.

It seems as if our NIL attempts are lacking a little something.....Falk is offering a class on this correct?

Weird post. A guy uses his NIL for something really positive and that's your reaction?? He didn't keep a cent of the money. Full disclosure, my dad is an Iowa grad so I follow their program closely and Tyler is one of the really good parts of college athletics. If Buddy did this, we'd be nominating him for sainthood.
So did the NIL “donor” just “gift” to the hospital? Or did the student athlete? Just asking. And I never knocked the young man at all in my post.

So did the NIL “donor” just “gift” to the hospital? Or did the student athlete? Just asking. And I never knocked the young man at all in my post.
I don't think you're understanding what NIL is from your questions. You don't seem to get that these kids can earn money from a variety of sources. YES, they will have to pay taxes on those earnings, so YES, he made the donation to the hospital. It's not a passthrough donation from a donor to the hospital.

This article might answer your questions. To summarize, his family was wearing "Baum Squad' shirts to the games and other fans were apparently interested in getting one. The shirts were printed by Tyler's father's cousin printing company. He advertised it on social media and emphasized that the money was going to the children's hospital that Iowa waves to at the end of each first quarter home game. Tyler made $30,000 from the sales and donated it to the hospital.

That mocking post just shows your ignorance of NIL and what it is.
What seems to be ignorant is seeing we’re peddling tshirts while other schools, even far lesser ones, are funneling kids money. Syracuse is a college town and everyone touts about our capacity and our fan base and we’ve done nothing in terms of exposure when so many others have. Yeah, going to absolutely mock it until we do something substantial outside of creating some catchy word to make it sound like we’re on top of it.

What seems to be ignorant is seeing we’re peddling tshirts while other schools, even far lesser ones, are funneling kids money. Syracuse is a college town and everyone touts about our capacity and our fan base and we’ve done nothing in terms of exposure when so many others have. Yeah, going to absolutely mock it until we do something substantial outside of creating some catchy word to make it sound like we’re on top of it.

Not a single school (publicly) has funneled money to kids. It’s illegal. Did you know that our best lax recruit has a very significant NIL deal here? Did you actually read the full article about the Clarkson kid?

Not a single school (publicly) has funneled money to kids. It’s illegal. Did you know that our best lax recruit has a very significant NIL deal here? Did you actually read the full article about the Clarkson kid?
Whats Benny Williams getting?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom