NIL | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

NIL

only saw a summary, but looks like Wildhack said we will play by the rules. "We want to do it the right way. We’re not going to buy players, and we’re not supposed to do that." per Mike Curtis tweet

Issue is, even if everyone played by the rules (e.g. didn't provide NIL before a recruit is actually on the team), there is no limit to how large a NIL can be (and likely will never be limited).

Thus we are headed towards a small market vs. large market cap model. Hasn't really worked well in sports (e.g. MLB, English Premier League, etc.).
I can win the powerball and get dirty and JW can have all the plausible deniability he wants.

What if there was a NIL cap per school, per team?

I know, I know... it won't happen. But... it would help level the playing field.

What if there was a NIL cap per school, per team?

I know, I know... it won't happen. But... it would help level the playing field.
Sure it would, but that would be limiting how much someone is allowed to make off of their own likeness which wouldn't fly in court.

Heard Sean McDonough in an interview the other day talking about NIL and college football. Said he spoke to a coach recently (wouldn't shock me if it was Dino but that is me guessing). And he said the coach told him other coaches and schools are literally calling players on his team saying come here we can get you more money.

Sean pretty much sounded defeated saying the sport has changed forever and it's not for the better and its never going back to the way it was.

Heard Sean McDonough in an interview the other day talking about NIL and college football. Said he spoke to a coach recently (wouldn't shock me if it was Dino but that is me guessing). And he said the coach told him other coaches and schools are literally calling players on his team saying come here we can get you more money.

Sean pretty much sounded defeated saying the sport has changed forever and it's not for the better and its never going back to the way it was.

Mack Brown said the same thing on the Packer and Durham show.

BC had to find 500k to keep Zay no matter what PR is out there. They can’t do that in perpetuity.

We are not going to play in this game and by proxy the new premier league football

I don't understand how many of this is sustainable from a money perspective, maybe I'm naive.

The Miami boosters are planning $X Million dollars to a new stud QB recruit every year in perpetuity?

If this goes on a few years and some of these million dollar NIL deals don't pan out. Or heaven forbid these QB's getting Lamborghini deals for the year get in a terrible accident. These boosters are going to pull back and start underwriting their checks a little more I think.

Or am I dumb and the top dozen schools have boosters willing to pay $25 million per year for their players?

I don't understand how many of this is sustainable from a money perspective, maybe I'm naive.

The Miami boosters are planning $X Million dollars to a new stud QB recruit every year in perpetuity?

If this goes on a few years and some of these million dollar NIL deals don't pan out. Or heaven forbid these QB's getting Lamborghini deals for the year get in a terrible accident. These boosters are going to pull back and start underwriting their checks a little more I think.

Or am I dumb and the top dozen schools have boosters willing to pay $25 million per year for their players?
What is coming...these Top 50 or 60 schools are going to break away from the NCAA, cut a TV deal on par or bigger than the NFL. And the "athletes" become employees of the school, we have a CBA (Union) for the players and the players will be paid right by the schools as "employees" and the outside NIL money may not go away, but it won't be what this is today as we see currently.

I don't know. The extremely wealthy often throw their money away in the name of entertainment in some pretty crazy ways. I think this is just a different avenue for them. There are 724 billionaires and over 20 million millionaires in the US. That's a lot of disposable income and, to many, making sure their football team gets the best players is their top priority in life, second only to maintaining/growing their wealth.

Or this could happen

Yep, to hell with them all.

In the end, I suppose im happy Syracuse and John are trying to do this the right way even if it is ultimately a hopeless battle. That may just be pride but I’m fine at the end of the day if we truly do try to do right by the student athletes.

What is coming...these Top 50 or 60 schools are going to break away from the NCAA, cut a TV deal on par or bigger than the NFL. And the "athletes" become employees of the school, we have a CBA (Union) for the players and the players will be paid right by the schools as "employees" and the outside NIL money may not go away, but it won't be what this is today as we see currently.
Can't wait to see those employees start to get fired. Hit the bricks! Not sure how the education part fits in there, or if it even will be a thing.

Can't wait to see those employees start to get fired. Hit the bricks! Not sure how the education part fits in there, or if it even will be a thing.
They are going to unionize and have a CBA so good luck trying to fire them.

How did the pro athletes let it get to 20%?!?!?!?!?
I believe agents are capped at 5% of the players playing contract in the pros, depending on the league. So agents have taken adantage of endorsement deals where there is no such cap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom