Noel done wow | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Noel done wow

Once again, another major thread hijacking. So, what's the latest on Nerlens? Lol

His knee is still fubared. He'll still be a millionaire in June based on potential.

Ouch. Whats funnier is I pulled Brad Denson out of my ass. If it makes you feel better, "the wizard" is playing as I type this as amends.

No love for Wheels of Confusion/ The Straightener? Best opening riff!

the fact his handle gave you no clue is truly sad.

I'm sure it was sarcasm. Ha.

It wasn't. I was born in 1990. Sorry I don't know who the lead guitarist of Sabbath is. Next time I'll be born in the '70s. Sorry I'm not Iron Man.

Bite me. Talk to me in two weeks.

And I disagree about linkin park. But we've always been a bit divergent. I'm all into hipster crap now, apparently...

Listen to "A Thousand Suns". It's a concept album. Something most rock bands nowadays know nothing about.

Doesn't change the fact that Lincoln Park doesn't hold a candle to Sabbath.

The subjective post of the month goes to...

Music preferences are COMPLETELY about personal taste. Again, I like the classics. I just like early-days Linkin Park more. Sorry.

Fade to Black is epic. RIP, Cliff.

I was in Gym Class when Charlie Rayburn told me about the bus crash.....

The mind is amazing. I did not open the FTB youtube but I can still hear the whole song in my hear at will.

The Cliff mention made the noggin go right to Bass Solo take one.

It wasn't. I was born in 1990. Sorry I don't know who the lead guitarist of Sabbath is. Next time I'll be born in the '70s. Sorry I'm not Iron Man.
It's all good. Do yourself a favor... Check out Sabbath Vol 4. They recorded the album in LA all coked up. The album will melt your face. It's heavy as can be but has some beautiful moments too like Tony's acoustic instrumental Laguna Sunrise.

Dont feel bad. I had to google Linkin Park because I have never heard of them.

Dont feel bad. I had to google Linkin Park because I have never heard of them.

I would consider this one of their best and most well known songs. Remember-- this type of music isn't the "same" as classic rock nor should it be. Also a great mashup of this with Jay-Z's "Encore". This song always pumped my roommates and I up for a night of boozing. Then we blacked out.

I'm definitely biased about the music that I like, but lets face it almost all of us like the music that we listened to when we were teens and young adults.

Arguing what's best is futile. What you like best is a different story. Like it was said...it's all subjective.

Once again, another major thread hijacking. So, what's the latest on Nerlens? Lol

I will always be there to help you hijack a thread to talk about music. Nerlens hurt his knee? Oh well. I wonder what Ziltoid is up to?

Sort of... I really grew up in the 80s, not the best era for music. Modern hard rock/ metal is generally garbage IMO... I like a wide variety of music, but prefer the classics in the hard rock genre. I really wish a new band would come out that sounded like the great classic stuff.

Man, I love the 80's bands as I graduated HS in the early 80's. Pretty much have XM radio pinned on Hair Nation & Classic Rewind full time. :) Have Floor 1 third row center seats for upcoming Bon Jovi show March 5th here in Charlotte. Can't wait! :cool:

One Sabbath personal brag... I interviewed Sabbath as an intern for CNBC at the Hard Rock Cafe in NYC. At the time CNBC was doing lots of taped pieces in prime time. it was for their Dehumanizer reunion album with Dio. I interviewed Tony, Geezer, RJD and Vinny Appice. I was pretty damn nervous talking to Tony and Geezer in particular. They were getting a plaque in the Hard Rock for selling out MSG a bunch of times throughout their career (mostly with Ozzy)

Man, I love the 80's bands as I graduated HS in the early 80's. Pretty much have XM radio pinned on Hair Nation & Classic Rewind full time. :) Have Floor 1 third row center seats for upcoming Bon Jovi show March 5th here in Charlotte. Can't wait! :cool:

All I listen to is 70's and 80's and hair nation and a metal station. I gave up on new music about 10 years ago

Yes, it kind of does. You grew up listening to Van Halen, Ozzy, etc. I grew up listening to Linkin Park. I like those bands, don't get me wrong, but newer hard rock gets the energy up for me more than some of the classics.

I like Linkin Park. HATED Limp Bizkit.

I thank God everyday for satellite radio (Boneyard, Hair Nation, etc.) because local radio is just BRUTAL to listen to, but Syracuse radio has never been great. Still, What happened to 95X and K-Rock?! The crap they play now is just that. Crap. It's nothing but guttural groans and howls all day long. It all sounds the same to me. One band, one song blends into the next, and it makes my ears bleed. I grew up with Sabbath, AC/DC, Ozzy, Priest, Maiden, Metallica, Slayer, etc, so I am no stranger to head banging and hard rock vocals. I'm not trying to sound like my mother, but my gosh that crap on 95X is HORRIBLE. If I wanted to listen to crap like that I would kick JoeCollege in the balls and make him scream into a shoebox.

I like Linkin Park. HATED Limp Bizkit.

I thank God everyday for satellite radio (Boneyard, Hair Nation, etc.) because local radio is just BRUTAL to listen to, but Syracuse radio has never been great. Still, What happened to 95X and K-Rock?! The crap they play now is just that. Crap. It's nothing but guttural groans and howls all day long. It all sounds the same to me. One band, one song blends into the next, and it makes my ears bleed. I grew up with Sabbath, AC/DC, Ozzy, Priest, Maiden, Metallica, Slayer, etc, so I am no stranger to head banging and hard rock vocals. I'm not trying to sound like my mother, but my gosh that crap on 95X is HORRIBLE. If I wanted to listen to crap like that I would kick JoeCollege in the balls and make him to scream into shoebox.

I made the switch to XM 2 years ago for music. 95X and KRock are pathetic.

Anyone remember the old 94 Rock? Loved that station

All I listen to is 70's and 80's and hair nation and a metal station. I gave up on new music about 10 years ago
Yeah, The Boneyard on Sirius is pretty solid... Oops... Ozzy's Boneyard, since that greedy blank, Sharon got her paws on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom