Not one WR caught a pass today... | Syracusefan.com

Not one WR caught a pass today...

There is a joke in there some place correct? Are you saying he is a QB?

Hunt caught more then Kobena, and West combined, and they played almost the entire game.

Who? Broyld? He's not a WR technically

Broyld dropped a key 3rd down pass in the second half that would have kept a drive, and momentum, alive. Hunt put it right in his bread basket too. Gotta catch those when you're playing the big boys.

I thought our receivers looked like garbage most of the game. How many times are we going to run the wrong routes?

The sad part is that Clemson's DBs are considered their weak spot on D. We had some bad drops. However, I think the play calling, especially in the first half, was way too conservative, considering our offense likes an up tempo game, they could never find a rhythm. I know Clemson would probably win a shoot out but our Offense would have looked and played better if they hadn't tried to become something they are not.

Crazy and an embarrassing stat. I did think they would rout us. My biggest concerns going into the game in a post a few days was the receivers getting any separation and our DBs handling their short passes. Clemson hit us with a blitzkrieg of that early on.

Can anybody who knows football well explain what is going on in the secondary like in the Northwestern game and game today? They can't identify any sort of trickery, play fake, short pass, bubble screen, etc. it seems. Never seen such open field and free areas to run wild like the Clemson WRs had today.

Broyld dropped a key 3rd down pass in the second half that would have kept a drive, and momentum, alive. Hunt put it right in his bread basket too. Gotta catch those when you're playing the big boys.?

While I don't disagree with the overall point that he needs to just catch easy passes, Broyld's drop immediately preceded the fake punt, so it really had no overall impact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

Outside of the very very end of the game, did we throw a pass to the tight end all day? Glad to see macdonald has removed that from the play book.

What did we have today, like 59 yards passing? That has to be a record right?

Wow. Think about that. Mercy

Your post is one of the key summaries from the game today. Amazing. Simply amazing. Are we to have that only distinction vs Clemson/Swinney?

Broyld - 5 receptions 64 yards
Gulley - 3 receptions -12 yards
Estime - 1 reception 6 yards
Morris - 1 reception 6 yards
Parris - 1 reception 5 yards
Hunt - 1 reception 5 yards

Total receptions - 12
Total receiving yards - 74

Broyld dropped a key 3rd down pass in the second half that would have kept a drive, and momentum, alive. Hunt put it right in his bread basket too. Gotta catch those when you're playing the big boys.

I thought our receivers looked like garbage most of the game. How many times are we going to run the wrong routes?
I'm trying to think if Chris Clark was thrown to even once.

4th and 3 in the red zone he ran a 2 yard route. Guy was all over him and he didn't catch it. Only time I saw the ball thrown his way.

He sure was and the defender jumped the route for an interception. Clark just got beat badly as both went for the ball. I would say the interception was his fault actually.

Well at least they block well...ok, they don't do that either. Granted there were a couple of maybe interferences but those Clemson DB's were all over our receivers like frat boy's and a drunk girl.

And the funny thing is, we actually have some weapons at TE, it would seem.

Outside of the very very end of the game, did we throw a pass to the tight end all day? Glad to see macdonald has removed that from the play book.

What did we have today, like 59 yards passing? That has to be a record right?

WR was definitely the area where it appeared Clemson was playing with d1 athletes and we were playing with walkons. But it mainly came down to speed and route running... We could NOT get open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom