Notre Dame Game Thread... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame Game Thread...

Game ball goes to Dom and he should share it with the D they played great. Man down D played outrageous!

Really love when Tucker or Curry initiate from the top, the speed when those 2 go are incredible, fun watching those two, and the rest of the team for that matter.

Gotta hand this win to the D (in general - Madonna was great) and the man-down D especially. ND was 0-8 on EMO. And most opportunities, they never even got a shot off. Kudos!

I cringed when Quint said, "The SU D decided to show up today", but he was right. #HHH

Great game. Had to stream the game on ESPNU, could not participate in the thread during the game. Probably better off for it as I saw the refs with a bent towards the unlucky Irish. Regardless, loved the tenacity of the defense, and, before anyone scolds me, I do realize we caught a few breaks with shots hitting the pipes, but still, good defense causes near misses, so I am sticking with my observation that the team played defense today.

Enjoyed the offense a bit more, very aggressive in transition, classic Syracuse. The set offense still needs work but the team is gelling together, so I will be patient, especially in consideration of the schedule the Orange are playing.

Still cannot believe the refs missed every foul against the Orange until 0:09 seconds left in the game. But the win was very good for this team and I have to admit that the Orange, in their aggressive defense, did commit several fouls, making the win that much sweeter.

GO ORANGE!

This is an absolutely enormous win for tourney purposes, it can't be understated. The man down D and Bomberry were on another level just an insane performance much like last week improbable. So proud of this squad.

Going in was hoping for 2 of 3 with Rutty, Puke and Notre Lame...got it the hard way:)
This is an absolutely enormous win for tourney purposes, it can't be understated. The man down D and Bomberry were on another level just an insane performance much like last week improbable. So proud of this squad.
Going in was hoping for 2 of 3 with Rutty, Puke and Notre Lame...got it the hard way:)

The only stat you need...

ND was 0-8 on EMO's.

I'd argue another huge stat was 13 saves to 7. Madonna made some enormous stops toes-on-the-chalk that ND should have dunked. He played out of his mind. I counted about 4-5 saves he shouldn't have made. If those shots find net we're looking at a 4-4 record. The defense stepped up big time, however the offense was MIA for a good part of the game. If the D and Madonna didn't play as well as they did this game would be a different outcome. Definitely need more time of possession and production. Aren't going to win every game with 15 minute scoring droughts.

One thing I really took away from this game: This is the first time we've seen the defense play well and the first time Madonna has had a defense in front of him. If the defense keeps playing like this and Madonna is able to keep putting up 60-70% performances SU could be dancing on Memorial Day if the O shows up consistently. They didn't let him get pelted with 6yd room and time shots, really played good high side defense and helped put him in a good position to make saves.

The coaching staff needs to take advantage of Madonna's guided missile passing and clearing ability. He has the ability to get the ball up and out for fast breaks but the clears are never there. If SU could create some transition scoring opportunities off clears that would really boost the O production.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom