Nova represents everything right about CBB | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Nova represents everything right about CBB

... But since I haven’t constructed a single strawman ever on here, the claim is incorrect. And “mantra” doesn’t fit in that sentence.

Just a word of advice. I’d keep that dictionary of yours more handy.

He said that Boeheim is past his prime and also conceded that Boeheim "can still be successful."

You replied as follows: "You are saying categorically that no one 73 years old can coach a basketball team effectively."

You're partially right - maybe you're not guilty of a strawman. You mischaracterize others' positions; you rarely take the time to try to dismantle the false positions you create.

He said that Boeheim is past his prime and also conceded that Boeheim "can still be successful."

You replied as follows: "You are saying categorically that no one 73 years old can coach a basketball team effectively."

You're partially right - maybe you're not guilty of a strawman. You mischaracterize others' positions; you rarely take the time to try to dismantle the false positions you create.

He said pretty clearly that JB's age (73) meant he was past his prime.

And I can't respond to "you rarely take the time to try to dismantle the false positions you create" because I don't know what that means.

Ahh, the spelling and grammar police. Great you are here as we need plenty of help.

You were silent on these two from a frequent poster.

“You create strawmans whereby anyone criticizing JB is wrong.”

“I believe the correct mantra is let people get constructive criticism out and typically it allows it to be flushed out on the board. “

Get with it. If you are going to police the spelling and grammar, there's lots of work to do.

You're a work of art, especially the way you so eloquently chime in on other's conversations. Although, I don't believe your intent here was to respond to me in this particular situation as I never stated anything that is in quotations.

In regards to the grammar, I was just having a little fun with another fellow poster, hence the emojis. He was cool with it as he 'liked' it and I 'liked' his response as well.

If may be a bit late, albeit it's never too late, for a book such as this to have an impact on your life. ;):) Peace.

shopping

I was about to post the same exact thing. It's not just the number of ships we lost. It's when we lost them. And who we didn't get because of that. And the addition of Huerter would not have cost us Battle.
I think a lot of people forget that we got hit with sanctions of our recruiting efforts, not just scholarship reductions.

Last edited:
Oh, the irony here...

This whole conversation boils down to one thing, some posters don't like being taken to task. They don't like "push-back".

When they say JB ought to retire and I disagree, they don't like that.
You're a work of art, especially the way you so eloquently chime in on other's conversations. Although, I don't believe your intent here was to respond to me in this particular situation as I never stated anything that is in quotations.

In regards to the grammar, I was just having a little fun with another fellow poster, hence the emojis. He was cool with it as he 'liked' it and I 'liked' his response as well.

If may be a bit late, albeit it's never too late, for a book such as this to have an impact on your life. ;):) Peace.

shopping

Is there a chapter in there about going along to get along.? You know, where you pretend to agree with things you don't so the group approves?

They're doing it with four year players because kids with talent to go pro don't want to go there. If they could get those one and done's they would gladly accept them.
So, they would gladly trade wins for one and done players that are harder to recruit? Seems a bit counter-intuitive to me.

I already tried this, these guys just complain and moan about the same old things while absolutely presenting no solutions.

You're 100% wrong about this. A lot of solutions and preemptive posts about our future have been posted for the past few years.

Weather its recruiting, JB, the zone, our offense, our medical staff, our forwards, our centers it never ends, just infesting the site like locusts casting their negative BS on everyone. But luckily he doesn't care!

Recruiting was an issue, more misses than I can remember.

The zone, I don't have a problem with it but it anything is questionable when you do something exclusively.

Our offense, that's not an issue? If it isn't what is our offense? Fine?

Our center position has been a a bunch of guys playing out of position or ineffective players since Fab Melo.

It's not negative it's the truth, the results don't lie that we have issues. You're blinded if you think all is well up to now. Then again, you probably bow and kiss the same book Townie does every night before bed.

Would give my left nutt to see where SU bball would be right now if it never left BE. But a typical decision made by college president/ ncaa types $$$$$

History tells a story. Take a look at what sanctions did to us last time. Yes, we have had recruiting misses and they have hurt. But the sanctions were a killer.

exactly. 2009 to 2014 was the best sustained 6 year period in su history. then sanctions hit.
any critique of the program that does not put heavy weight on sanctions is unserious, imo. the next three years will tell us more about the state of the program than the last three.

Would give my left nutt to see where SU bball would be right now if it never left BE. But a typical decision made by college president/ ncaa types $$$$$
Any school president that was in Syracuse's position and didn't accept a move to the ACC should not only be fired, they should never work in college athletics again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom