Official LSU Ticket Watch Thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Official LSU Ticket Watch Thread

The difference b/t a $172 ticket and a $20 ticket is really gross - I mean the sightlines aren't that much better and the amenities are exactly the same.

SU REALLY needs to figure this out.

Oddly enough it impacts fans at both price points.

There's the obvious, why in a million years would I pay $172 for that seat.

Then there's the people who look at that difference and think they're just getting a crappy seat so they're not going to waste their time.

It's easily fixed and I hope Bees is bringing this up at the club meeting with Coyle. There's no reason, given current demand, why SU Football and Hoops have to have the same pricing structure. If football pops, and becomes something people want to do again in large quantities, you can always change it back.

$172 for a seat is just plain stupid and any one who supports that up on the hill needs to go to rehab......

Donations seats are for season ticket holders who want the convenience of having a seat at every game,a very good chance of having close by parking and giving back to the team they love while getting a tax write off.

To expect the casual fan to pick up the slack is just poor marketing by the university. They need to consolidate the sections if they want more walk up from the locals. As we have seen from other fan bases very,very few teams go beyond their allotment that they are given.

It's like the county legislators who are running the price points here.

It make take the University 20 years before it gets thru their thick skull that it is not working..

just look at the Yankees.

they changed their pricing and then there were no butts in the seats.

so they immedietly ammended their pricing in an effort to get more butts in the seats.

but they didnt get enough, so they changed them again...and again...and again.

dont shove a square peg into a round hole...its the simple, common sense stuff that tgd constantly screwed up.

CUSU just went on today to look for tickets for a buddy. I will say that map has changed even through today. I will defer based on your info But even since I looked Sunday it has changed. I am side with you know looks closer to 45 k depending on walk ups and people that don't go.

Attachments

• dome.JPG
    dome.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 79
CUSU just went on today to look for tickets for a buddy. I will say that map has changed even through today. I will defer based on your info But even since I looked Sunday it has changed. I am side with you know looks closer to 45 k depending on walk ups and people that don't go.

I still think some of it is being manipulated by the ticket office, where you see every other row being available. Does look like some are selling though, especially third level end zones. Also there are a lot more tickets available in the second level end zone than being shown.

Screen Shot 2015-09-23 at 11.11.23 AM.png

$172 for premier sideline seats?! That's cheap I won't even say how much I paid for lower bowl seats when the heat had the big three. Man if you guys think 40-60$ is expensive to see the team you root for, you're crazy.

The more relevant contrast is between the $172 for a single LSU sideline seat and the $125 I paid for seven (7) home games in a seat maybe 40 yards away with a similarly excellent view.

With limited demand and incredible deals that offer essentially the same experience elsewhere in the building, $172 doesn't work. $60 might not work either.

I still think some of it is being manipulated by the ticket office, where you see every other row being available. Does look like some are selling though, especially third level end zones. Also there are a lot more tickets available in the second level end zone than being shown.

View attachment 51159
I'm guessing between 2 and 3 k not being shown

My "guessimation" would be around 45k! For one, I am hoping to at least be competitive until halftime!

Wow ticket selection is depleted . Tickets are selling like mad or the dome is really manipulating selection

Wow ticket selection is depleted . Tickets are selling like mad or the dome is really manipulating selection

Just saw complete rows disappear.. Pretty sure ticket office is doing something, or they are selling tickets to local groups. Hoping the latter.

Hope it is 45,000 + because this tea/coaching staff deserve to play in front of a big crowd and see what the dome used to be like.

it might be but if they are playing with hiding seats to make it look better what is the goal since they are just randomly doing it

Just saw complete rows disappear.. Pretty sure ticket office is doing something, or they are selling tickets to local groups. Hoping the latter.

That wouldn't surprise me. I remember we went thru this exercise in 2009 for the Minny opener. SU ended up going to the middle of the State Fair that Friday and throwing all the unsold tickets into the air (so to speak). And so the ticketmaster pictures were showing rows and rows disappearing.

Just a quick to note to everyone if it should come to that again. Get to the Dome early enough. The lines to get into the Dome for the Minnesota game were excruciating.

Plus since I'm literally going to be sprinting there from my hotel to get there right at noon, I want all of you already in the Dome and not holding me up.

if tickets are selling why not market that so people think its a big deal to come.. thats what happened for the clemson game and it fed on itself for awhile.

Seems like common sense right? You won't see anything of that nature though.

if tickets are selling why not market that so people think its a big deal to come.. thats what happened for the clemson game and it fed on itself for awhile.

Seemed like they were further ahead of it for the Clemson game. Playing up the first ever ACC game angle.

I could be wrong on the timeline, but I just remember it being a bigger deal earlier than the Wednesday before the game.

Not that they couldn't still do it, just seems a little late in the game.

I wouldn't compare SU football to the NBA champs.

And while 40-60 may not be a lot for you or me, it is for many people who may want to bring family. And 172 is a lot for this market.

I'm not really comparing them besides the fact that Syracuse basically is the pro team in the area. So people not willing to pay 40 or 50$ for a ticket just seems odd. Again there's a lot that the new administration can do (free tickets for all kids under 13, all students free, buy 4+ tickets and get a concession voucher). Some kind of reward to get butts in seat. The pricing is just a weak exscuse.

I'm not really comparing them besides the fact that Syracuse basically is the pro team in the area. So people not willing to pay 40 or 50$ for a ticket just seems odd. Again there's a lot that the new administration can do (free tickets for all kids under 13, all students free, buy 4+ tickets and get a concession voucher). Some kind of reward to get butts in seat. The pricing is just a weak exscuse.

Its not odd if you factor in a few people going. I have a family of 4 - devils advocate.

4 tickets at 50 - $200.00
Parking - $25.00
4 Beers - $26.00
4 Hot dogs - $16.00

$267.00 for one game with the family.

*Just making a point. several factors in and around this example.

I get that. $267 for a family of 4 to go to the game. How much is it for your family to go enjoy an evening at Dave and Busters? To go see a concert? To go to dinner and a movie? Roughly the same, give or take a few bucks.

I get that. $267 for a family of 4 to go to the game. How much is it for your family to go enjoy an evening at Dave and Busters? To go see a concert? To go to dinner and a movie? Roughly the same, give or take a few bucks.

Im not being a dink here but

dinner for 4 is maybe 65 bucks total.
I don't go to concerts
I don't go to movies because 45 bucks give or take to watch a movie is stupid.
We don't go to dave and busters often if we do I put 20 bucks on the kids card and call it a day.

As a matter of fact I bet I could do all those activities for less than 267 in Syracuse.

I also realize its not 267 for every game. I go to every game so this also has no bearing on me.

you also spend $400 and have gotten into every game. 12 and under get in for $10 thats less than a movie.

$200+ is a bunch of money if you dont have it to spend. its not a bunch of money if you spend money on entertainment normally. 6 flags will set a family back $400 but people do that

I also think the prices are too high for the demand. if SU lowered prices by half would it change how many we sell? I dont think by a ton, but if they lowered food prices i think they would sell more food. profit less though.

you also spend $400 and have gotten into every game. 12 and under get in for $10 thats less than a movie.

$200+ is a bunch of money if you dont have it to spend. its not a bunch of money if you spend money on entertainment normally. 6 flags will set a family back $400 but people do that

I also think the prices are too high for the demand. if SU lowered prices by half would it change how many we sell? I dont think by a ton, but if they lowered food prices i think they would sell more food. profit less though.

Its a lot of money for a casual fan that may not give a shite about SU or football. That's all I am saying.

Its not odd if you factor in a few people going. I have a family of 4 - devils advocate.

4 tickets at 50 - $200.00
Parking - $25.00
4 Beers - $26.00
4 Hot dogs - $16.00

$267.00 for one game with the family.

*Just making a point. several factors in and around this example.

Tops family section is $95 for the LSU game and $65 for Pitt, Clemson, and BC

FOOTBALL PACKAGE INCLUDES:
  • 2 Adult tickets
  • 2 Youth tickets (age 12 and under)
  • FREE cushion seats with seatback for the game
  • FREE parking pass at Skytop
  • $5 Concessions Coupon.
The Tops Family section is located in section 333 and 332 “row M and above" in the Carrier Dome

The Package is not available on Day of Game.

but if the casual fan is going the question is why? to see LSU well then its a once lifetime chance, you could go to a Bills game and spend 2 or 3 x as much as the SU game.