Official LSU Ticket Watch Thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Official LSU Ticket Watch Thread

false. Syracuse is ripping LSU fans off. My tickets are listed at a $60 face value from Cuse
what is the issue with the $60 ticket thats what the ticket goes for in that section for that game not just the lsu section.

what is the issue with the $60 ticket thats what the ticket goes for in that section for that game not just the lsu section.

And even if it wasn't, who cares. If they don't like the price, don't pay it. If I were SU and someone like LSU were coming, I'd upsell. What are they going to do, do it back to us?

It's a price point. If you're willing to pay it, then you're not being ripped off.

Im possibly looking for 2 tickets, and the cheapest I am finding on SH (with fees) is $46/piece. Bleh.

I mean, this is our premier home non-conference game of the past half dozen years.

If you want to get in the Dome for less than that, just walk up to a scalper right before kickoff and see what extras they have to unload.

Syracuse is ripping LSU fans off.

It's not personal, it's just business. Georgetown does that same thing to us in basketball (and in your defense, we bitch about it also).

I mean, this is our premier home non-conference game of the past half dozen years.

It was obviously a conference game, but what "buzz" does this game have compared to the FSU game last year?

It was obviously a conference game, but what "buzz" does this game have compared to the FSU game last year?

Last year's FSU game had no buzz whatsoever, in my opinion. We were 2-3 and were just shellacked at home by Louisville the week before. The general vibe I felt was "OK, it's neat to see Winston in person but this shouldn't be close."

I'm not complaining, just saying its not LSU charging that price as suggested earlier in the thread, but the price Cuse is charging .

and that is for section 312, row Q

I'm not complaining, just saying its not LSU charging that price as suggested earlier in the thread, but the price Cuse is charging .

and that is for section 312, row Q

Every seat is a good seat! (really it is, Dome has tremendous sightlines minus a few seats in the 200s)

bee rye said:
false. Syracuse is ripping LSU fans off. My tickets are listed at a $60 face value from Cuse

When SU season tix holders were given a couple days to buy additional tix, they were $60 each.

As a few people have said in a few other threads, I believe we are over 40k. Capacity is 49k and change.

Did a quick estimate and are around 7 to 8k avail including resale.. There are most likely seats not opened to the public as of right now, so I'm thinking we are around 40k. I hate seeing that lower third level looking like it is, but people are just not paying for those seats with the current pricing.

Thinking we see 44-ish by the time Saturday comes around. Go Orange!

Screen Shot 2015-09-21 at 12.01.16 PM.png

On Saturday I was told they hit the 40,000 mark for ticket sales.

Things in the lower 1/3 won't change unless AD Coyle blows up the current single game ticket pricing structure to fill in the sidelines next year. If you go on Tickmaster the best seat available for the LSU game is $172 which is crazy for this or any other college football game.

where do you see $172 as the best? i see $55 in the lower bowl and $45 in the upper.

On Saturday I was told they hit the 40,000 mark for ticket sales.

Things in the lower 1/3 won't change unless AD Coyle blows up the current single game ticket pricing structure to fill in the sidelines next year. If you go on Tickmaster the best seat available for the LSU game is $172 which is crazy for this or any other college football game.
for the "Game of the Century" in 2011 when #1 LSU was playing @ #2 Alabama, the cheapest seat on stub hub was $800. Club levels seats were going in 5 figures in some cases. That's just absurd to me.

As a few people have said in a few other threads, I believe we are over 40k. Capacity is 49k and change.

Did a quick estimate and are around 7 to 8k avail including resale.. There are most likely seats not opened to the public as of right now, so I'm thinking we are around 40k. I hate seeing that lower third level looking like it is, but people are just not paying for those seats with the current pricing.

Thinking we see 44-ish by the time Saturday comes around. Go Orange!

View attachment 50984

If I'm reading that picture right, and I have our pricing right... what amazes me is all the blue in the upper deck end zones. You could have bought a 7 game season ticket there, for $99, which includes LSU, Clemson, Pitt, BC. Top end it might be $125 as you get toward the corner. But still...

That should tell you how little people want to go to games.

If I'm reading that picture right, and I have our pricing right... what amazes me is all the blue in the upper deck end zones. You could have bought a 7 game season ticket there, for $99, which includes LSU, Clemson, Pitt, BC. Top end it might be $125 as you get toward the corner. But still...

That should tell you how little people want to go to games.

Agreed, but the people that are there aren't where "it counts" so to speak because of the pricing structure.

where do you see $172 as the best? i see $55 in the lower bowl and $45 in the upper.
I meant "best available" when you go onto Ticketmaster. Sorry about the confusion.

It appears that some seats may have sold today, but my gut is telling me some of it is ticket office manipulation. I've seen this before where, they only make every other row available in areas that aren't selling, to control where seats are sold. FWIW.

I still believe we will see over 40k on Saturday and hopefully a few thousand more than that. Most definitely won't sell out as I am sure you can see.

Todays:

Screen Shot 2015-09-22 at 5.28.33 PM.png

Few days ago:

Screen Shot 2015-09-18 at 2.34.30 PM.png

$172 for premier sideline seats?! That's cheap I won't even say how much I paid for lower bowl seats when the heat had the big three. Man if you guys think 40-60$ is expensive to see the team you root for, you're crazy.

$172 for premier sideline seats?! That's cheap I won't even say how much I paid for lower bowl seats when the heat had the big three. Man if you guys think 40-60$ is expensive to see the team you root for, you're crazy.
It's all a matter of perspective and the amount of disposable income you have. To me, $40 to $60 is expensive, to some it's cheap, and to others it's unthinkable.

JrodCuse said:

I wouldn't compare SU football to the NBA champs.

And while 40-60 may not be a lot for you or me, it is for many people who may want to bring family. And 172 is a lot for this market.

I wouldn't compare SU football to the NBA champs.

And while 40-60 may not be a lot for you or me, it is for many people who may want to bring family. And 172 is a lot for this market.

The difference b/t a $172 ticket and a $20 ticket is really gross - I mean the sightlines aren't that much better and the amenities are exactly the same.

SU REALLY needs to figure this out.

The cheapest seat I could buy last night was for $53 (after tax & fees).