Official NC State - October 12th - Group Tickets, Tailgate Event | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Official NC State - October 12th - Group Tickets, Tailgate Event

I think my group is going to be tailgating in the Faculty/Staff Varsity Club lot. We got a couple passes for that lot, so hopefully it's a decent spot. Many Hofmann's coneys will be consumed!

Also looks like I might have a couple extra sets of tickets to sell due to some cancellations. If people do indeed fall thru, the extras would be two together in Section 17, and two together in Section 24. Those are both lower level sections, and the seats are all within the first five rows. I should know for sure in the next couple days if they're going to be available, but if anybody's interested and wants me to let you know first, feel free to PM me. They'd be face value ($65) + the fees I paid. Not looking to make any money off them, just want them to go to Orange fans.

EDIT: Tickets are indeed available, so PM me if you want them.

EDIT 2: Section 24 tix gone. Sect. 17, 2nd Row still available...

Last edited:
If you want to pay, the vet school is decent parking. There are free lots located next to the water tower (near the vet school deck) but they fill up very fast. At the tailgate we are having, we are bringing grills and everything else, so we will have food and beverages. Like I said, if people want to come and enjoy the tailgate (the lot is very close to Carter Finley), the more the merrier.

The other option is we could all just go to the vet deck and pay separate and take up shop there.

Hey Everyone-

Update on parking for the game. It's going to be very hard to find parking, so if you plan on enjoying pre-game festivities, I would suggest getting there plenty early. I was just told the Vet-School parking deck will not be open to the public for the game because they will be giving Faculty/Staff of NC State those parking passes for the appreciation day. It's looking more and more like a cluster for pre-game festivities. The lines for the free tickets and passes has been out the door all week long on NC State's campus. It will without a doubt be a sellout. Only advantage, students will not be on campus because of Fall Break, so I doubt there will be much of a presence at the game. There will be a very large contingent of older people.

I think my group is going to be tailgating in the Faculty/Staff Varsity Club lot. We got a couple passes for that lot, so hopefully it's a decent spot. Many Hofmann's coneys will be consumed!

Also looks like I might have a couple extra sets of tickets to sell due to some cancellations. If people do indeed fall thru, the extras would be two together in Section 17, and two together in Section 24. Those are both lower level sections, and the seats are all within the first five rows. I should know for sure in the next couple days if they're going to be available, but if anybody's interested and wants me to let you know first, feel free to PM me. They'd be face value ($65) + the fees I paid. Not looking to make any money off them, just want them to go to Orange fans.

EDIT: Tickets are indeed available, so PM me if you want them.
I'm planning on making the trip and would really love two tickets, so we can be in Orange country. I'm a long time, first time to the site. Sorry, I don't understand the reference to PM. Could you explain? Thanks!

Er, never mind. Looks like I figured it out :) Hoping for a better game than last time I visited. Tory Holt had quite a day and Donovan and the O were flat.

Last edited:
I'm heading to the game from Wilmington. I have a parking spot in Stadium Southeast section...spot 98156. I'll be there right when the lots open at 11:30. Orange fan welcome to swing by!

Hey Everyone-

Update on parking for the game. It's going to be very hard to find parking, so if you plan on enjoying pre-game festivities, I would suggest getting there plenty early. I was just told the Vet-School parking deck will not be open to the public for the game because they will be giving Faculty/Staff of NC State those parking passes for the appreciation day. It's looking more and more like a cluster for pre-game festivities. The lines for the free tickets and passes has been out the door all week long on NC State's campus. It will without a doubt be a sellout. Only advantage, students will not be on campus because of Fall Break, so I doubt there will be much of a presence at the game. There will be a very large contingent of older people.

Based on this, I'm guessing the best available options are the Westchase Office Park and Trinity Park Office Complex. On the map below, the Westchase lot is marked in red and the Trinity is marked in orange. For people that planned on going there, I've marked the Backyard Bistro in yellow. Does anyone have any opinions on which of these two lots will be better to park in? For this game it's just my wife and I, so we're not tied down to anywhere specific.

NCSU.jpg

I am an Orange lemming - just tell me where to be and I will be there.

I am an Orange lemming - just tell me where to be and I will be there.
Same here....will be driving down Saturday am from the Tidewater Area...just give me a time, place and estimated cost.

Anyone looking for tickets? I was going to head down from Richmond with my wife and son but my wife's mom is seriously ill and my wife is now in Connecticut and will be there all weekend. I will sell them for face value and they are in the same section as all of the other fine folks here so you'll be set up. I have three. I will overnight them tomorrow. Mark

Hey Guys,
I secured two parking passes in the CVM Grass lot. We are going to set up shop for tailgating around 9:30am (lots don't open up until a bit later, but I have some connections to get in a bit early). Will be bringing grills, food and beer. If people want to stop by, we will be probably the only Syracuse people in the lot. Look for the Syracuse Cornhole and Syracuse Kan Jam boards. Or just holler Justin, and I will come looking. I'm 6'3, so I'm easy to find.

If you're interested in tailgating, bring a couple bucks to help contribute for food and beer, or bring some beer a long with you. It's looking to be a beautiful day.

I wish we could have gotten this big tailgate together, but NC State made it a bit difficult. Let's make due and enjoy some fellowship, drink some beer, and take over Carter Finley Stadium!

Here is a map of where the CVM Grass Lot is. Location B is where the lot is. It is located on William Moore Drive (that road is right next to the Ramada Inn). I am guessing this grass lot is near the College of Vet/Medicine Parking Garage that we had originally tried to get passes for.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    405.3 KB · Views: 158
Okay Justin, I'm in for two. Driving down from Smith Mountain Lake, VA. Should get there 10:00/11:00, depending on when I can get the boss moving. From your directions and map it sounds like you are near the Vet parking garage. Hopefully I can find some parking close to that area. Have a dozen Hoffman Coneys (from Wegman's last weekend), buns and beer I can bring plus cash if you need it.. Talked to TexanMark and Tomcat at the Clemson tailgate and they should be coming too. Possibly others but I forget who. As I am reasonably certain HCSS would say, F NCST! Go Cuse!

Okay Justin, I'm in for two. Driving down from Smith Mountain Lake, VA. Should get there 10:00/11:00, depending on when I can get the boss moving. From your directions and map it sounds like you are near the Vet parking garage. Hopefully I can find some parking close to that area. Have a dozen Hoffman Coneys (from Wegman's last weekend), buns and beer I can bring plus cash if you need it.. Talked to TexanMark and Tomcat at the Clemson tailgate and they should be coming too. Possibly others but I forget who. As I am reasonably certain HCSS would say, F NCST! Go Cuse!

Sounds great. Looking forward to it! I'll make sure to have some ginger ale on ice for Tomcat.

Some basic gameday info
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...2013-14/misc_non_event/13FootballFanGuide.pdf

Justin is CVM grass lot parking free, cash lot or permit? Or do we have to park in the garage? I see I can pay at Westchase and walk over if I have to. I think Jason Poles will be attending your tailgate. I'll know more shortly.

Hey Mark, CVM Grass is a permit lot. I was lucky to find some people at State to give me a couple passes. I was told the Garage will be permit only for Saturday's Employee Appreciation Day. If that is false, I would park there (I think you may have to pay there). If you get there early enough, you can park for free by the Watertower (just across from the Vet Parking Deck). It's not a bad walk at all. Let me know if you need anything else. Looking forward to having a blast of a time!

So which lot do we shoot for? The Blue one or the Pink one at the link?
http://www.cvm.ncsu.edu/directions/

The Pink is the Vet School Deck. You can try there, but like I said above, I've Heard it will be closed off. The Blue next to the Ramada Inn I have never seen on Gameday, so that is worth a try. I have also added in Orange Shading with Blue writing to show you where they have Free Parking on gameday as well. See the attached photo.

EDIT: I am pretty sure where the other blue is (state fair parking) is permit pass only on gamedays. Like I said, not 100%, but I'm pretty confident.

Attachments

• cvm_map.png
    cvm_map.png
    321.6 KB · Views: 150
Hey, extremely long-time lurker here, have gone from syracuse.com forum in late '90s to TOS to this board when you switched...have read a billion posts...just have not posted much through the years. (Although back in '99 I voiced my support of Urban Meyer to 'Cuse to save the program after ridiculous loss to 1-10 Rutgirls...that didn't happen and downhill we went.) My wife and I are from Liverpool and now live in Morrisville, NC, and we are taking our two boys to the game. We will be representing 'Cuse in section 14 (tix from craigslist) and would like to join the tailgate. We enjoyed the hoops game 2 years ago, and I expect a lot of Orange again. Yesterday there were around 75 new posts on Raleigh Craigslist from fans (probably mostly State fans) trying to sell tickets. So State fans don't seem to want to go to game. Question regarding tailgate...if parking is free in grass lot by water tower, where is the CVM permit lot?

Hey, extremely long-time lurker here, have gone from syracuse.com forum in late '90s to TOS to this board when you switched...have read a billion posts...just have not posted much through the years. (Although back in '99 I voiced my support of Urban Meyer to 'Cuse to save the program after ridiculous loss to 1-10 Rutgirls...that didn't happen and downhill we went.) My wife and I are from Liverpool and now live in Morrisville, NC, and we are taking our two boys to the game. We will be representing 'Cuse in section 14 (tix from craigslist) and would like to join the tailgate. We enjoyed the hoops game 2 years ago, and I expect a lot of Orange again. Yesterday there were around 75 new posts on Raleigh Craigslist from fans (probably mostly State fans) trying to sell tickets. So State fans don't seem to want to go to game. Question regarding tailgate...if parking is free in grass lot by water tower, where is the CVM permit lot?

If you scroll up to post 163, there is another map/post of where the CVM Grass Lot is. Welcome to the board and you're more than welcome to come to the tailgate. Do me a favor, PM me how many people will be coming from your group and if you are planning on bringing anything just so I have an accurate list/count. Thanks!

OrangeNC Welcome to the Board...now as you read this make sure you are logged in. Now, look to the top right of your computer screen when you are on the Forum. You should see a small red number above what says "Inbox". Click on it. That is your inbox. I sent you a message. I gave you my cell phone number...this will make your hunt to find the tailgate much easier.

BTW, I gave you your first like "Tee". :cool:

Mark

Hey Guys,
I secured two parking passes in the CVM Grass lot. We are going to set up shop for tailgating around 9:30am (lots don't open up until a bit later, but I have some connections to get in a bit early). Will be bringing grills, food and beer. If people want to stop by, we will be probably the only Syracuse people in the lot. Look for the Syracuse Cornhole and Syracuse Kan Jam boards. Or just holler Justin, and I will come looking. I'm 6'3, so I'm easy to find.

If you're interested in tailgating, bring a couple bucks to help contribute for food and beer, or bring some beer a long with you. It's looking to be a beautiful day.

I wish we could have gotten this big tailgate together, but NC State made it a bit difficult. Let's make due and enjoy some fellowship, drink some beer, and take over Carter Finley Stadium!

I am in for 2 for the tailgate. Myself and the girlfriend are probably going to cab over around 11 or 12 depending on how we feel.

Appreciate you putting on the tailgate. We are pretty excited to go to a college football game (my first Cuse game since I was younger and her first ever college football game) and we are pumped to get the full experience. And by full experience, I mean getting drunk and watching Cuse hammer NC State!

If you scroll up to post 163, there is another map/post of where the CVM Grass Lot is. Welcome to the board and you're more than welcome to come to the tailgate. Do me a favor, PM me how many people will be coming from your group and if you are planning on bringing anything just so I have an accurate list/count. Thanks!

Justin, I just sent you a PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom