Spoiler Alert - Official Star Wars Force Awakens Spoiler Thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Spoiler Alert Official Star Wars Force Awakens Spoiler Thread

I am surprised at how many of my friends were not happy with the movie because it was too much of what we have seen before. i thought it was a great ride and why you go see movies with people and not just sit on the coach.

to me its like complaining about a Bond movie that doesnt do the Bond things which is why you go see those movies. You want to feel like you did when you saw it in 77 and those who were too young now know what it felt like.

It had to get the energy back from 1-2-3 and it did that in spades..
Yeah I get most of that. With respect the the prequels I hear you with regard to the first two, beyond bad and redemption, and as a result I think poisoned the well for everyone for the third. I thought that one stood head and tails above the other two and provided some good moments. This one though was through the roof. Couldn't believe how many people in the theater this second time around we're in tears so often for this one. You're right, this one brought back the SW mojo in spades.

Pre-ordered my Blu-Ray, and guaranteed to be in my mailbox in release day, which apparently is 4/5.

Also just read that the "Rouge One" movie coming out Dec. 2016, which takes place between III and IV, will include vicious Darth Vader scenes. Yay for that.

There's no question in my mind that when she reaches and sees Luke at the end she's seeing her father and (if you look closely) it's as he's mourning/paying respects at the the grave site of his wife and likely her mother. Look closely and it looks like a tombstone is at his feet. Going to be fascinating to see the back story of how he gets there but looking at the weathered look he presents on his face of an exhausted tortured life think it's safe to assume it's been a difficult road.
Missed that in the first 2 times I saw it. I'll have to watch for it the third time. ;)

Missed that in the first 2 times I saw it. I'll have to watch for it the third time. ;)
It could be anyone's grave site; perhaps Anakin Skywalker's or maybe a memorial site for Luke's former self, because he is now a Sith Lord. Ha ha

Last edited:
I looked for the grave diligently the second time I saw it, and found what everyone was speaking of. It seems a little "out there" but there's no denying a stone sticking up as if on purpose because there is dirt pushed up to the base of it as if to keep it up.

I am surprised at how many of my friends were not happy with the movie because it was too much of what we have seen before. i thought it was a great ride and why you go see movies with people and not just sit on the coach.

to me its like complaining about a Bond movie that doesnt do the Bond things which is why you go see those movies. You want to feel like you did when you saw it in 77 and those who were too young now know what it felt like.

It had to get the energy back from 1-2-3 and it did that in spades..

How old are your friends? I am finding that age is a determining factor in the negative reactions. People like me who saw the original as a kid love TFA. Late 20, early 30 something's...no so much.

How old are your friends? I am finding that age is a determining factor in the negative reactions. People like me who saw the original as a kid love TFA. Late 20, early 30 something's...no so much.
50ish, my kids love it

(Darth Vader voice) Noooooooooooooo (/Darth Vader voice)

In happier times... :(

12669622_538792612961828_4372109416588941861_n.jpg

My favorite part of the movie was honestly the Millenium Falcon's reveal. That part was unexpected (especially since the prior portion of the clip was released prior during the AMA's) and made me clap.

My whole theater broke out cheering at that part. Goosebumps.

Appears that TFA is coming to iTunes and other digital platforms on March 15. Bluray to follow in April, possibly as early as April 5.

So far no indication of a 3D release. 7 deleted scenes to be included. Announcement should be coming soon...

Ragman2000 said:
Appears that TFA is coming to iTunes and other digital platforms on March 15. Bluray to follow in April, possibly as early as April 5. So far no indication of a 3D release. 7 deleted scenes to be included. Announcement should be coming soon...
Yeah, I ordered my blu Ray on Amazon a few weeks ago, and it guaranteed delivery on 4/5 so I guessing that date must be pretty solid.

i wonder how much rogue takes in feeding off the energy of the last movie.

Watched our Blu Ray last night. Amazing how you pick up more every time you watch it. Such a wonderful return to the glory days of star wars. Shame on you and those prequels George. I wish we could experience those prequels done right.

Love Rey and can't wait to see what she brings us in the next two films.

The bonus features are pretty cool to see the behind the scenes stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom