officially the sky is falling | Syracusefan.com

officially the sky is falling

Sadly...if this team can go into conference play and just keep games from getting out of hand it will be growth for next year. lose by 2-8 points and pull out a couple wins. Just see some progress.

it's the holiday's . 3 cupcakes up next on our plate and some figgy pudding.

All our four losses are to the teams that should make NCAA tournament. We should be able to beat the bottom half ACC schools Notre Dame (x2), BC (x2), Pitt (x2) and Wake Forest like we beat George Tech.

No reason for you to watch or post again. See ya.
Why? Let me tell you something. For the real fans its about SU. Not JB, Dino, Ben, P or any other coach. Its about the University. JB didnt make SU Basketball. Danforth was a great coach and Jim was lucky to get the job. He did ok and caught the Big East wave. The Dome which of course he was against was along with cable a major reason for our success. For many many years JB was criticized for underachieving. He has survived 2 NCAA sanctions. He is a good coach who for the majority of his career has had exceptional talent.
Today he doesn't have the same level of talent and we are getting blown out by marginal teams. So stuff the Baloney. The program is in a nose dive.

Why? Let me tell you something. For the real fans its about SU. Not JB, Dino, Ben, P or any other coach. Its about the University. JB didnt make SU Basketball. Danforth was a great coach and Jim was lucky to get the job. He did ok and caught the Big East wave. The Dome which of course he was against was along with cable a major reason for our success. For many many years JB was criticized for underachieving. He has survived 2 NCAA sanctions. He is a good coach who for the majority of his career has had exceptional talent.
Today he doesn't have the same level of talent and we are getting blown out by marginal teams. So stuff the Baloney. The program is in a nose dive.
Give your lecture a break. The poster said the season was over. If that is the case, no need to watch anymore. Or post for that matter. As for you, Danforth was no where near a great coach. He wasn't even a real good coach. I was there. He didn't even coach most of the practices. How could a coach he was, was exposed at Tulane. And no one wanted him for their coach after that. JB's numbers are what they are. he had the best record in the history of the Big east. We clear? oh, and stuff your baloney. It's boring.

Another thing, real fan. I graduated from Syracuse. Did you? Didn't think so. Stuff it. And if you read the board, you would know that I think Jb should have left after the '16 final four. SMH

“He did okay.” All I need to read in this thread.

“He did okay.” All I need to read in this thread.
Just so we are all on the same page, Danforth in his 8 years at syracuse had a 148-71 record. That qualifies as great, I guess. JB in his first 8 years, and that includes 5 years in the big East, was 182-62. Roy followed up his great coaching at Tulane with a 45-90 record. 13-39 in conference record. I can't imagine why no one hired him after that.

Goofy post.

Give your lecture a break. The poster said the season was over. If that is the case, no need to watch anymore. Or post for that matter. As for you, Danforth was no where near a great coach. He wasn't even a real good coach. I was there. He didn't even coach most of the practices. How could a coach he was, was exposed at Tulane. And no one wanted him for their coach after that. JB's numbers are what they are. he had the best record in the history of the Big east. We clear? oh, and stuff your baloney. It's boring.
lousy coach. and yet he made a final four. isn't that how we judge greatness here ?

lousy coach. and yet he made a final four. isn't that how we judge greatness here ?
If you were around then, and you probably weren't. during every time out, it wasn't Roy doing the coaching. It was impossible to not like Roy. He actually sat in the Zoo (Manley crowd) during a game. As for the final four remark, it depends. If we have a great regular season and don't make it, final fours are all that count. If we have a average regular season and make the final four, it's meaningless and we were lucky because we didn't have to play a team that we have beat every time but once.

The strange part is that he didn't get what i was responding to. He was just so filled with getting his agenda out.

You have no idea what your talking about. None. Did you actually watch any of Roys practices? I watched many. Your clueless.

You have no idea what your talking about. None. Did you actually watch any of Roys practices? I watched many. Your clueless.
First, it isn't your clueless. It's you are or you're clueless. Do i need to go over their coaching records again for you? 148-71 to JB's 182-62. And his great coaching continued at Tulane. 45-90 and 13-39 in the league. those practices must have been great. LOL

I have never seen people want to double down on dumb like these people do.
Chill. Just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion doesn't make them dumb. The fact that you would post that is indicative of your lack of intelligence.

Chill. Just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion doesn't make them dumb. The fact that you would post that is indicative of your lack of intelligence.
No the fact that you went all dirty harry in your first post to me is that. I wasn't saying anything in my original post about anyone not being happy with the program. I was commenting on a post that just comes on and says, well the season is over. On to Lax. If that is what he thinks, there is no reason to watch or post on the hoops board. If someone wants jb out but watches the games, fine. Post all they want. Say what they want. Had you taken the time to look at what I was referring to, I don't believe you would have taken the track you did with me. And the nonsense about real fans. I have lived and died with this program for just about 50 years

No the fact that you went all dirty harry in your first post to me is that. I wasn't saying anything in my original post about anyone not being happy with the program. I was commenting on a post that just comes on and says, well the season is over. On to Lax. If that is what he thinks, there is no reason to watch or post on the hoops board. If someone wants jb out but watches the games, fine. Post all they want. Say what they want. Had you taken the time to look at what I was referring to, I don't believe you would have taken the track you did with me. And the nonsense about real fans. I have lived and died with this program for just about 50 years
Me too. I apologize for taking my frustrations out on you.

Me too. I apologize for taking my frustrations out on you.
I accept. This is getting the best of all of us. I didn't say you or anyone else was dumb. I said doubling down on dumb statements. I am more than capable of doing that on a daily basis according to my friends

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom