Ok , Benny Williams | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Ok , Benny Williams

Everyone is so anxious for every little thing to validate their hatred of Boeheim. If you have watched Benny this year and thought he was anything better than the worst scholarship player we have ever had, you are crazy.

There was a belief that based on his HS ranking that he must have some ability and so it appears his troubles were mental. Tonight, he goes in down 30 and absolutely no pressure on him and played his first credible game in his career. He still had a few preposterous moments like getting packaged on an easy breakaway, but he showed some good things too. Let’s hope it continues.

But instead of celebrating it as a development step for him and his coaches, here comes everybody to jump on the coach. It’s tiresome.
The worst ever? Objectively that’s ridiculous. You lose the argument immediately

I definitely agree on Jimmy no doubt. Benny went up weakly with that shot. He could have and should have dunked that ball. He negated his best asset: his athleticism with how he went up and he got punked. In other words, he turned himself in that moment into Jimmy B and he got the exact same result Jimmy would have gotten.
Maybe. Still took a great block though. That’s probably a hoop against most teams.

Everyone is so anxious for every little thing to validate their hatred of Boeheim. If you have watched Benny this year and thought he was anything better than the worst scholarship player we have ever had, you are crazy.

There was a belief that based on his HS ranking that he must have some ability and so it appears his troubles were mental. Tonight, he goes in down 30 and absolutely no pressure on him and played his first credible game in his career. He still had a few preposterous moments like getting packaged on an easy breakaway, but he showed some good things too. Let’s hope it continues.

But instead of celebrating it as a development step for him and his coaches, here comes everybody to jump on the coach. It’s tiresome.

Worst scholarship player weve ever had? Thats a joke comment. Otherwise, theres some truth in what you said. Benny has had opportunity.

Making that first athletic reverse layup really got him off to a good start, but finally making a jumper is what I think settled him down.

Watched him all night long (because there wasn’t much else to watch at the dome tonight.

Dont get me wrong, he played well, but he does not move well off the ball and I’m not convinced he understands where he’s supposed to be all the time. But he can compete above the rim - Jimmy and Cole cannot - and that’s important.

He fumbles sooo many lose balls and rebounds - needs to get stronger.

But he’s finally going to have some positive film to see - that will help.

“Preposterous”, lmao. Duke kid made a great block.

What was actually preposterous was Jimmy driving into a Duke player and getting his weak crap volleyball spiked. Cartoonish.
This, other dude has no idea what he’s talking about

“Preposterous”, lmao. Duke kid made a great block.

What was actually preposterous was Jimmy driving into a Duke player and getting his weak crap volleyball spiked. Cartoonish.
No worries. Just like last year when we watched that famous Gif vs duke and said “ya know I think we have our starting PG with no possible replacement”

Making that first athletic reverse layup really got him off to a good start, but finally making a jumper is what I think settled him down.

Watched him all night long (because there wasn’t much else to watch at the dome tonight.

Dont get me wrong, he played well, but he does not move well off the ball and I’m not convinced he understands where he’s supposed to be all the time. But he can compete above the rim - Jimmy and Cole cannot - and that’s important.

He’s finally getting minutes of course he doesn’t know exactly where he’s suppose to be. I think he’ll develop nicely going into the offseason and hopefully hits the weight room

TBF who on this team moves well off the ball. Everyone stands there and watches a Boeheim dribble.

The worst ever? Objectively that’s ridiculous. You lose the argument immediately

Alright, who was worse? There may be somebody worse, but they never played so we never saw it. Which immediately negates the argument that Benny has been mentally tortured and buried on the bench in order to protect JB3’s minutes.

Whatever, I’ve so lost interring trying to bring any perspective to this place. I know it’s a fan board and it is place to vent, not have logical discussions. Have at it.

That jumper still looks too flat, but it went down and he got to see it go down...so important. I hope he either trains off campus this summer against some 30 year old euro league veterans that will beat him senseless if he goes weak, or he stays in Syracuse and we invite Paul Harris, Arinze, Rick Jackson or some combination of tough players for him to go up against every day.

So Benny is worse than Sean Williams, Chino Obohok, Devin McBride, Chaz Owens?

I mean good god. You must want to validate your hatred of Benny.

Benny was competing against Duke's monster back line and holding his own. On one play, late in the game, Mark Williams grabbed a rebound while Jimmy was standing flat footed. People asked why he didn't jump. Players jump when the ball is in rebounding range for them. Jimmy's range isn't close to what Mark Williams' is, so he has zero chance. At least Benny has a shot. Not too many people can get up to where Mark Williams is grabbing rebounds, but Benny can GET UP. He grabbed some rebounds with authority tonight. And that dunk off his own miss has to show you potentially what he can do down there. I really wish he tried to ram that first shot down though. He played tonight against game pressure. For some reason, you seem to get off on Benny failing, hopefully you will have to find some different means for pleasure from now on.
I was with you until:
For some reason, you seem to get off on Benny failing, hopefully you will have to find some different means for pleasure from now on.
Not sure what you're talking about.
I'm looking forward to Bennie being a different player, from here on out.

So Benny is worse than Sean Williams, Chino Obohok, Devin McBride, Chaz Owens?

I mean good god. You must want to validate your hatred of Benny.
Everyone has their point of view, and that is fine. I think we are all just glad that Benny played well tonight and hope he keeps it going.

I was with you until:
For some reason, you seem to get off on Benny failing, hopefully you will have to find some different means for pleasure from now on.
Not sure what you're talking about.
I'm looking forward to Bennie being a different player, from here on out.
It's Benny and he is fabulous. Just kidding. It just seemed so many people took so much pleasure when Benny played badly.

If only

Hatred of Boeheim?? Just stop. It's absurd to refer to criticism that way and it's blatantly false. I mean blatantly.

That jumper still looks too flat, but it went down and he got to see it go down...so important. I hope he either trains off campus this summer against some 30 year old euro league veterans that will beat him senseless if he goes weak, or he stays in Syracuse and we invite Paul Harris, Arinze, Rick Jackson or some combination of tough players for him to go up against every day.
Got there early tonight and watched him shoot threes. Shot and arc looked fine. Then watched him get inside of 15 feet….and his shot flatttened out.

That screams to me that he’s not comfortable from that distance. Kids learning the game today shoot 3’s and layups when they are young. He’s a product of watching Steph Curry.

Alright, who was worse? There may be somebody worse, but they never played so we never saw it. Which immediately negates the argument that Benny has been mentally tortured and buried on the bench in order to protect JB3’s minutes.

Whatever, I’ve so lost interring trying to bring any perspective to this place. I know it’s a fan board and it is place to vent, not have logical discussions. Have at it.
Eric Williams, Greg Davis. Lesean Howard….there are many more.

Got there early tonight and watched him shoot threes. Shot and arc looked fine. Then watched him get inside of 15 feet….and his shot flatttened out.

That screams to me that he’s not comfortable from that distance. Kids learning the game today shoot 3’s and layups when they are young. He’s a product of watching Steph Curry.
That is great info, thanks for sharing. He needs to learn to leap as high as he can and release at the top. It looked, earlier in the year, like he was trying to aim while he was in the air instead of just releasing the ball naturally. The one shot tonight was slightly better, obviously better result. But, great news about his three point jumper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom