Class of 2025 - OL/DL Jaylen Pray (NY/CT) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/25/24) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 OL/DL Jaylen Pray (NY/CT) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/25/24)

IMG_9187.jpeg

6'7 265. I didnt attend practice the other day but I was told the staff was giving this kid alot of attention.

Big athlete. The staff will figure out his position later.
strikes me as the type of athlete FB and crew love. He talked a lot about recruiting these types of raw athletes in some of his recent podcasts too. We can supplement our top recruits with these types of guys and build a really strong, deep program.

Would love that but doesnt seem as twitchy
See if i remember i didnt think Jones was early on either if i remember correctly. I know its our running joke but if he only focuses on twitch training hemay have areal chance to be good. Hard to tell whether he can put on the weight for 3i these guys want but i could see ot. what are your thought of his height at 3i. A detriment or help

See if i remember i didnt think Jones was early on either if i remember correctly. I know its our running joke but if he only focuses on twitch training hemay have areal chance to be good. Hard to tell whether he can put on the weight for 3i these guys want but i could see ot. what are your thought of his height at 3i. A detriment or help
Good points. At 6'7 I would personally try him at OT first.

Looks like he transferred from Iona Prep during the summer of 2023. He was an excellent basketball player. Had a lot of offers, including one from Georgia Tech.

Agree he is not a Chandler Jones type. Chandler was skinny in HS. I saw him play against Henninger when I think he was a sophomore and there is no way he was even 200 pounds. But he could run like a linebacker even then.

Agree OT seems most likely. Could definitely see him move inside to DT and if we needed a TE for short yardage run plays, he would fit the bill there too. With his basketball background, I bet he is good at using his body to get open and has excellent hand to eye coordination..

It will be interesting to see how he develops. At Iona Prep, he was buddies with HS AA OL candidate Rowan Byrne. I wonder if they end up back together as starters on the OL for Syracuse sometime down the line?

Stranger things have happened.

Looks like he transferred from Iona Prep during the summer of 2023. He was an excellent basketball player. Had a lot of offers, including one from Georgia Tech.

Agree he is not a Chandler Jones type. Chandler was skinny in HS. I saw him play against Henninger when I think he was a sophomore and there is no way he was even 200 pounds. But he could run like a linebacker even then.

Agree OT seems most likely. Could definitely see him move inside to DT and if we needed a TE for short yardage run plays, he would fit the bill there too. With his basketball background, I bet he is good at using his body to get open and has excellent hand to eye coordination..

It will be interesting to see how he develops. At Iona Prep, he was buddies with HS AA OL candidate Rowan Byrne. I wonder if they end up back together as starters on the OL for Syracuse sometime down the line?

Antonio Gates 2.0 perhaps? UGA had a massive tight end they used to pretty good effect while Fran was there

Damn! If he was offers ACC D1 bball scholly…. That tells me A LOT. let’s goooo

We already have Washington who is a clone of the monster UGA tight end, Villari, Tremble and a couple others ... would we even need him at TE?

4 TE set and throw 50:50 jump balls the the sidelines for 6'7 giants vs 5'10 corners perhaps?

Realistically likely athletic OT ala Matthew Bergeron. Worse things to have than OT's with quick footwork for sure

Now that u say that i am thinking more OT because as a basketball guy he can slide step and use hands naturally with hand eye coordination and switch when needed to.

David Clement is 6-6 275 RF

Washington is 210 based on last info I have
Washington will add 30 pounds during his time on the hill easy ... like I said I think we are good at TE.

We’re going to need taller quarterbacks.
JALEN PRAY THE BRUNSWICK SCHOOL, GREENWICH, CT C
# 77 DE 6' 7" 265
COMMITTED 3/25/24!
lhBm7LbK.jpg

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

SIZE
VERY STRONG
FAST FOR SIZE
SOLID/MUSCLED/DOES NOT CARRY EXTRA, UNECESSARY WEIGHT
WILL FIGHT BY OL AND SACK QB
GREAT TACKLING SKILLS/PANCAKES

EXCELLENT GET

Last edited:
This seems like a kid that could grow into a NFL-type DL. Thats were I’d like to see him end up. Deforest Buckner type body. Add 25 pounds and play at 6’7” 290

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom