Class of 2025 - OL/DL Jaylen Pray (NY/CT) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/25/24) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 OL/DL Jaylen Pray (NY/CT) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/25/24)

Proud The Karate Kid GIF

If this staff can teach and coach like they can recruit...wow. The potential players these new recruits like Jaylen is quite high if they are coachable.

Just a junior - egad. What a frame.
Yeah I love jumbo athletes like this that are still growing into their frames. Bulk up - OT or DT. Stays Lean - TE or DE.

Staff knows the body type / metrics they want in athletes and they're going to gobble up the NE kids that fit the profile early. It's a good strategy.

Really the last time we saw something similar was during Marrone's era, but that was more often tweener types that say were small but fast or not quite a Lber but not quite a Safety. These kids are legit physical specimens for their respective positions and I really like that.

He played more snaps on the OL last year than DL. Brunswick's OL had a Kentucky commit and a fellow junior who just committed to Notre Lame. Love that we're getting a kid or two out of there for football and lax.
misspelling deliberate I assume. ;) High ceiling on this young man,

Last edited:
He got a 88 3 star from 247. I feel a lot better about the ratings now that Dohn is no longer the main evaluator.
Seems they graded or updated all of our commits except the 2 Texas recruits. We have the #1, #2 and #4 NYS recruits with Gibbs and Lawrence getting graded (coming in at an 87/86) and Upton is our highest graded recruit by them at an 89 and top 15 in NJ.

Seems they graded or updated all of our commits except the 2 Texas recruits. We have the #1, #2 and #4 NYS recruits with Gibbs and Lawrence getting graded (coming in at an 87/86) and Upton is our highest graded recruit by them at an 89 and top 15 in NJ.
I would think the Texas guys should both be 4 star players. Certainly Washington, who has tons of great offers including one from Texas.

Believe Carney is rated a 4 star on Rivals so hopefully the folks at 247 will give him a similar rating. I would think the player with the most total yards of any player in the class of 2025 should get a fairly high rating.

The only thing I can see him being criticized for is the relatively low quality of competition his team plays in the regular season. Though in Texas, that level of football is probably equivalent to the highest level of football in many states, including NY.

Anyway, when the Texas guys get ratings, I would expect our team ranking to break into the top 20. Or thereabouts.

What is difference from previous years.

Even if our guys are slightly "inflated" due to benefit of the Fran doubt, I would much prefer that than the arbitrary 82 grade we used to get slapped with. Kids pay attention to the other recruits and class ranking, if we're sitting around the top 25 come decision time for big dawgs, we're going to be taken even more seriously.

Even if our guys are slightly "inflated" due to benefit of the Fran doubt, I would much prefer that than the arbitrary 82 grade we used to get slapped with. Kids pay attention to the other recruits and class ranking, if we're sitting around the top 25 come decision time for big dawgs, we're going to be taken even more seriously.
Yup and thats a benefit of having high rankings. It attracts other players. Players want to play with other great players.

It starts early. Youth leauge/7v7 teams all want to go to the same high school together.

Last edited:
I would think the Texas guys should both be 4 star players. Certainly Washington, who has tons of great offers including one from Texas.

Believe Carney is rated a 4 star on Rivals so hopefully the folks at 247 will give him a similar rating. I would think the player with the most total yards of any player in the class of 2025 should get a fairly high rating.

The only thing I can see him being criticized for is the relatively low quality of competition his team plays in the regular season. Though in Texas, that level of football is probably equivalent to the highest level of football in many states, including NY.

Anyway, when the Texas guys get ratings, I would expect our team ranking to break into the top 20. Or thereabouts.
Don't count on it with Carney. A friend of mine has ties to the Texas recruiting evaluation scene - he told me there's a bias against private school players (both by schools and recruiting sites) in Texas because they're not playing in the extremely competitive public school leagues.

Don't count on it with Carney. A friend of mine has ties to the Texas recruiting evaluation scene - he told me there's a bias against private school players (both by schools and recruiting sites) in Texas because they're not playing in the extremely competitive public school leagues.
I heard the same thing

Maybe this partially explains the lack of offers from the big boy program in Texas. Maybe that's a good thing?

Maybe this partially explains the lack of offers from the big boy program in Texas. Maybe that's a good thing?
It seems so bizarre that you can’t be considered a great player if you’re not playing in the top division. This kid to me seems to have best tape of a Syracuse QB recruit I have ever seen.

Who would want an athletic QB with great arm strength, ridiculous accuracy, great mechanics, and great pocket presence ? You never know for sure but he seems like a can’t miss prospect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom