Old games | Syracusefan.com

Old games

I'm not sure if anyone on here does torrents, but I've found some nice games(albeit not that many) on there. I'm guessing the monetizing of some youtube streams has made them care a bit less about copyright violations, other than when it's something that offends them?

Or is it a matter of flagging by bitter folks that gets them taken down? I'm very curious if I flagged those games if it would have any effect.

I wish there were more games from 2010 on YouTube. The only ones I can find are both losses: @ Louisville and Butler .

The Duke game is already up. Grab it while you can. Who knows how long it’ll stay up.

One thing i noticed watching those 2013 games is Triche and MCW got the ball and sprinted up the court. We never see that now.

One thing i noticed watching those 2013 games is Triche and MCW got the ball and sprinted up the court. We never see that now.

I watched just a couple minutes of the 2013 Cincinatti game, and saw Keita set a high screen for MCW, who got in the lane and made a floater. Then they set it again, Cincy went under it and MCW hit a 3.

We never see those things off the high screen now.

I still regret not going to this game. We don't play that often in the Kansas area. It's only about a 3.5 hour drive. I probably could have talked my dad into going.

I watched just a couple minutes of the 2013 Cincinatti game, and saw Keita set a high screen for MCW, who got in the lane and made a floater. Then they set it again, Cincy went under it and MCW hit a 3.

We never see those things off the high screen now.

I wish Chukwu could have been at least as good as Keita. That dude had some great moments in Orange and was a great vocal leader anchoring the zone. His games at UConn in 2011 and against Georgetown in the 2013 BET were especially memorable.

Last edited:
When I was in high school and became a die hard Orange fan living in Minnesota I recorded every nationally broadcast (ESPN & CBS mainly) on my family VCR pausing recording during each commercial break. I have about 25 full VHS tapes of 1988-93(?). I always planned to watch these tapes again when I retire when I can just sit around and drink whisky and watch old Syracuse games all day. I doubt the VHS tapes will work in 20 years but I won’t throw them away.

I honestly think before JB retires we'll see classic SU transition offense return. I was hoping it would be this year with Tyus back and Carey brought in, but obviously with Carey struggling and Tyus having to move to PG at times we haven't seen it

If anyone has the 2011 Villanova-Syracuse during that game Jay Wright did a piece for ESPN on Syracuse describing the deadly transition game and using a blackboard outlining it.
It’s sad how it’s been nonexistent.

If anyone has the 2011 Villanova-Syracuse during that game Jay Wright did a piece for ESPN on Syracuse describing the deadly transition game and using a blackboard outlining it.
It’s sad how it’s been nonexistent.

Guys already being in their lanes, making it easy to quickly transition from defense to offense and get out and run used to be often be noted as one of biggest reasons we played zone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom