On The Block no more | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

On The Block no more

I mean, if the board wanted to move on from JW, they have their cover now.

Not that I don't think that will happen, but, if it was ever in serious consideration, now would be the time they would do it

Genuinely can't believe, that with everything available for people to listen to now, they still CHOOSE to listen to sports talk radio.

Just preys on people's anger and breeds awful opinions and narratives that aren't based in reality.

Really not sure how it has survived so long.
I listen it when I'm driving my car, but that's about it.

Opinion shows are not journalism. He’s not reporting on anything, he’s a “columnist” in old school parlance. Even those guys knew if you stepped over the lines enough or far enough, you’d incur wrath of the owners.

Opinion people have more rope but it’s enough to hang themselves with. He pushed at the wrong time thinking the mob boss was retiring and weak lol

This is how you make a narrative worse.

I thought JW did a nice job trying to clean things up on Friday and start a new chapter and then this move happens.

Boeheim showing himself to be quite a jerk as he parts ways, sad to say.
He could have been so much classier than this.

Really, the first thing you do is fire the local talk radio guy?

Have you noticed, Jim?
Nobody covers us AT ALL in the national media unless you're creating some embarrassing situation.

I mean, if the board wanted to move on from JW, they have their cover now.

Not that I don't think that will happen, but, if it was ever in serious consideration, now would be the time they would do it

What cover is that?

Have you noticed, Jim?
Nobody covers us AT ALL in the national media unless you're creating some embarrassing situation.

What?

Yeah I dont think its Axe, the media or listeners of On The Block that are making a mountain of a molehill.

They’re not the ones firing a radio host for not falling in line/kissing the ring :rolleyes:

i believe it was during the french revolution Lafayette said "enlevez leurs voix goûtez leurs poings"
roughly translated "take away their voices taste their fists. "

there's A LOT of people not happy with the state of SU athletics. they deserve a voice too. ain't all rah
rah. pointing out the failures doesn't make you less of a fan. in fact it means you want those weaknesses addressed and corrected.as a fan you can either stand in a puddle and talk about the old days or fix the damn roof. i'm in the second school. if i complain it's becuz i want excellence of our players and coaches.

Last edited:
I have been told that the inside thought is that it is JW not JB. JW didn't like the way Brent covered the Hillsman fiasco. He didn't like the way he covered the Lax fiasco. He didn't like the way he went after Babers. He didn't like the way he asked questions last Friday. If this is true, that is disgraceful. If. The school has a Sports info debt. They can kiss @ss for the school. I don't know what happened here. Maybe it's just a jackass owner. If it is more than that, that is real bad.

The CEO Levine and head coach of SU basketball can't stand the guy. I think it was Axe who stepped in his own poo. Much ado about nothing.

Sorry, but they kind of made a case for Axe to sue Galaxy for wrongful termination.
Lots of awful stuff in this collection of tweets and comments and commentary.

You must have missed a lot of TV/radio/social media regarding JAB and Red on Friday and Saturday. It was a true Syracuse love fest.

Not sure why a lot of people are having a hard time with this. Companies make these kind of decisions all the time. Levine must have thought Axe wasn't good for business so he cut him loose. It was his prerogative. If people are upset about it, they should not listen to his stations or don't patronize his sponsors.

This is going to sooooo backfire. They just made Axe a martyr.

JB looks like our own John Duton…and Levine is his Rip.

And think about the fallout from Newhouse alums?

Are you guys just the "jock-ocracy" of broadcasters - or do you really care about journalism and integrity?

That's because no one outside Syracuse really cares about Syracuse. Especially these days, we're so far off the radar.

But for today, any sports media personality that cares to shred the ridiculous Levine quote will have a field day.

Come tomorrow, they'll be onto something else.

Yes, but the internet is forever. Boeheim's exit will always be remembered as being a bit ... problematic.

he's always said that he wouldn't be interested in doing that and decried radio talk shows as "talk show talk". But Jim says things...

What that said to me was that Levine was doing Boeheim a favor by firing Axe, and that as a thank you, Boeheim would make a point of popping up on Galaxy shows next year.

Have you noticed, Jim?
Come on, JB didn't fire him.

Should have been canned for just having a lousy show and quoting ghostbusters every other segment. however I do want my reporters to tell it how it is. I can’t speak to axe’s show because I think he sucks and haven’t listened to it in years. But if I was the university I would steer far away from this

They could have just released a bad ratings report, if that were the case.
He wasn't fired for that reason.

Sorry, but they kind of made a case for Axe to sue Galaxy for wrongful termination.
Lots of awful stuff in this collection of tweets and comments and commentary.
How do you know the terms of his contract? How would you know if it really wrongful termination? Do you really think this was the first person Levine ever terminated.

I have been told that the inside thought is that it is JW not JB. JW didn't like the way Brent covered the Hillsman fiasco. He didn't like the way he covered the Lax fiasco. He didn't like the way he went after Babers. He didn't like the way he asked questions last Friday. If this is true, that is disgraceful. If. The school has a Sports info debt. They can kiss @ss for the school. I don't know what happened here. Maybe it's just a jackass owner. If it is more than that, that is real bad.
If that proves accurate... yikes.

Hubbs on Barstool has now cast his die... no surprise, for Axe...

Yep, that's the lead headline in the wrongful termination suit.

The problem is, if there is a lawsuit for wrongful termination. Which honestly, I have no idea if that is possible. That would cause there to be litigation and testimony. The truth would come out. I have a feeling that would NOT be good for anyone involved. Settlement would come quick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom