Oo my lord 73-87 since Ennis left | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Oo my lord 73-87 since Ennis left

I did some research since Tyler left how bad of a run it’s been for this program it’s unbelievable.
  • First took all conference regular season games records.
  • Then took all postseason matchups
  • Then took all non-conference power five match
  • 73-87 in all games that really matter
Well this SU hasn't won a game in over 2 weeks! How could we put up with that!

Point is anybody can pick a point in time to "prove" a point. Look how many want to ignore FF in '16 or sweet 16 in '18 as aberrations or lucky. They happened. Can't ignore your points about the bad but can't ignore the good either.

Obviously comparing how other programs with issues in a similar level not a blue blood but next level up succeed
The biggest thing Louisville did was get rid of its coach. Sanctions for them were less severe. That said looking at the "offensives " SU had JB really didn't deserve to be fired, Pitino did. I think that most here agree that the NCAA wanted JB gone.

Obviously comparing how other programs with issues in a similar level not a blue blood but next level up succeed

But they haven’t been penalized yet.

Like pursuing Howard Washington over Tremont Waters.
Before Kadary, these are the guards that have been signed, Girard, Goodine, Jalen Carey, Buddy, HW, Geno Thorpe (transfer) Tyus Battle, Frank Howard, Kaleb Joseph.

Lots of misses with fewer hits.

I didnt include Hughes and Gbinije since they split time at guard etc.
We didn’t pursue Howard Washington over Tremont Waters. HW was offered to fill a roster spot as a fourth guard after Quade spurned us and Ayala wouldn’t reclassify (before he eventually did). We backed off pursuing Waters because his people and his dad were looking to get paid.

I think if the next coach gets us slightly better results than what we've had the past few years I'd take it. We shouldn't be sweating out Selection Sunday like we have been. But I think it's also a bit unfair and unrealistic to expect yearly success like what JB has had for most of his tenure here.
Why is it unfair? We're not even contemplating bludgeoning opponents like we used to, or 7-8 loss seasons- we're just talking about not being middle of the pack ACC garbage with 15 loss seasons every year now. Why do ppl not understand that the game has passed this coach by? The evidence is in the records over the last bunch of seasons, the losses to inferior programs, failure to make several tournaments. Come on ppl, enough with the HOF'er drooling, we're still sliding and it needs to be addressed.

Why is it unfair? We're not even contemplating bludgeoning opponents like we used to, or 7-8 loss seasons- we're just talking about not being middle of the pack ACC garbage with 15 loss seasons every year now. Why do ppl not understand that the game has passed this coach by? The evidence is in the records over the last bunch of seasons, the losses to inferior programs, failure to make several tournaments. Come on ppl, enough with the HOF'er drooling, we're still sliding and it needs to be addressed.

Because the next coach will be succeeding a HOF coach which are big shoes to fill. The next coach will hopefully be good enough to get us off the bubble like we have been in recent years and into a locked tourney seed. Expecting the next coach to turn us back into 1980s SU basketball is a bit much IMO.

Because JB cant help himself play Buddy twice as many minutes as he deserves and because we either dont recruit other 2s or force them to play the 3 its actually hurt SU that Buddy is playing for his Dad. Im happy for JB but its been a cluster. Its crazy we dont play Griff at the 2 and havnt recruited a 2 in years.

Because JB cant help himself play Buddy twice as many minutes as he deserves and because we either dont recruit other 2s or force them to play the 3 its actually hurt SU that Buddy is playing for his Dad. Im happy for JB but its been a cluster. Its crazy we dont play Griff at the 2 and havnt recruited a 2 in years.
Clear as day.

I did some research since Tyler left how bad of a run it’s been for this program it’s unbelievable.
  • First took all conference regular season games records.
  • Then took all postseason matchups
  • Then took all non-conference power five match
  • 73-87 in all games that really matter

Wow.

What are you talking about
  • It is essentially every game that is not a cupcake conference games and good nonconference games
  • we can’t give credit for games that were supposed to win by double digits and some of these conference games should be considered cupcakes or games you shouldn’t get credit for winning
  • your take is terrible

You are picking the games that matter to you. Someone else could pick just NCAA tournament games as the metric to measure success because they matter most to them.

In those games, Syracuse is 7-3. How many teams have won 7 NCAA tournament games since 2014? Maybe 15 or 20...

Sure, picking 10 games over 6 years is a small sample size. And I don’t particularly think it is a great metric. But it’s a lot less arbitrary than the criteria you use.

Again, I agree Syracuse’s underachievement is frustrating. But your rationale is more “terrible” than my take.

Last edited:
Because the next coach will be succeeding a HOF coach which are big shoes to fill. The next coach will hopefully be good enough to get us off the bubble like we have been in recent years and into a locked tourney seed. Expecting the next coach to turn us back into 1980s SU basketball is a bit much IMO.
I'm just looking for someone to reduce our loss total from 13-15 freaking games a year. I think it starts with scrapping this 100% 2/3 zone nonsense. Doesn't seem to be working so well for Hop either.

You are picking the games that matter to you. Someone else could pick just NCAA tournament games as the metric to measure success because they matter most to them.

In those games, Syracuse is 7-3. How many teams have won 7 NCAA tournament games since 2014? Maybe 15 or 20...

Sure, picking 10 games over 6 years is a small sample size. And I don’t particularly think it is a great metric. But it’s a lot less arbitrary than the criteria you use.

Again, I agree Syracuse’s underachievement is frustrating. But your rationale is more “terrible” than my take.
Lol, no he's not. He excluded mid majors and cupcakes, giving us an excellent indicator for where we really stand among Power 5 competition and our peers. His choice to start after Ennis left was perfect. I also feel that that was a huge shift and turning point in the program. Boeheim never recruited well at the point after that.

When you only play 6, who cares who’s many scholarships we get. He’s playing the best 6 or 7. I think it’s more an issue of striking out on who he thought the best 6 were going to be.
The sanctions put us in a position where we could not miss on the top 6 or 7, nor wait for a project to develop. I think we’ve had a little of both.

When you only play 6, who cares who’s many scholarships we get. He’s playing the best 6 or 7. I think it’s more an issue of striking out on who he thought the best 6 were going to be.
The sanctions put us in a position where we could not miss on the top 6 or 7, nor wait for a project to develop. I think we’ve had a little of both.
Its not a sanction issue. Its a recruiting issue coupled with an inability to commit to developing players.

Its not a sanction issue. Its a recruiting issue coupled with an inability to commit to developing players.
I think it’s partly a sanctions issue, like I said the reduced scholarship put us in a position where we could not miss on recruits. We needed guys to contribute immediately. I believe we missed on some. But at a high level if we hit it out of park with every guy we brought in it would not be a sanction issue. He doesn’t play enough guys for it to matter in that sense.

Last edited:

No question in the NCAA tournaments success has mentally erased some of the facts of how pathetic we’ve been in the regular season and we’ve had tournaments misses and first round exits as well we made a couple nice runs and well aware of it the point is the larger sample size the better I’m not cherry picking

I'm just looking for someone to reduce our loss total from 13-15 freaking games a year. I think it starts with scrapping this 100% 2/3 zone nonsense. Doesn't seem to be working so well for Hop either.

Yeah exactly, get us back to winning 22-23 regular season games a year and safely in the tourney, with the occasional top 4 ACC finish.

No question in the NCAA tournaments success has mentally erased some of the facts of how pathetic we’ve been in the regular season and we’ve had tournaments misses and first round exits as well we made a couple nice runs and well aware of it the point is the larger sample size the better I’m not cherry picking
Sad

Those 91 losses were to good teams!!

Oh

ohh a bunch of those are to GT, Miami, BC, Pitt and NCSU huh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online