Oshae Staying in the 2019 NBA Draft | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Staying in the 2019 NBA Draft

By all accounts, Brissett is a much more reliable guy.

Deshaun made all Big East though.

Those suggesting there is no way a freshman could come in and outplay a junior must have missed the last 20 years of college hoops.

Then again, there are also those that always lose interest in the current players for the next incoming guys.

We’ll see what happens. I’m not sweating anything that happens until Oct/Nov anyways.

This is a good way to summarize I think. I just think rebounding is such an underrated part of our success when we're good. If you look at our three best teams since around 2000 -- the title team in 03 (2nd in rebounding overall with Melo at 10 rpg, Hak at 8.5, McForth combining for 7.5), the 09-10 group (28th overall with Wes at 8.5, RJ at 7.0, Onuaku with 5.1 in just 23 mpg and KJ with 5.5 in 27 mpg) and the 11-12 group (no big individual numbers and only 8th in conference, but 33rd overall for the season) -- we were really solid rebounding teams in each season.

And Brissett's status as a good rebounder is inarguable -- we've only had five seasons since Billy O graduated where someone grabbed 9 or more rpg (Melo and RJ with double figures, Rak, Wallace and Etan with 9+). After two seasons on the hill, Brissett is averaging 8.2. That's a lot of boards to replace if he leaves.

So that's my thing -- to me, what we really need is for him to round out his offensive game and continue to be a monster night in and night out on the glass and for Guerrier to come in and add his talents to this group. Losing Brissett doesn't benefit us in any way, IMO.

It's just my opinion. You are entitled to your opinion.
That's what this place is for.

I feel strongly about my opinion.
I really, really want to see SU win one more title before JB retires.
He really deserves it. He is an all-time great.

But as the clock ticks down, we have to be better than we have been.
Even though we have made a couple great runs that were unexpected in the NCAA's we were not really contenders to win it like we were in 1996 or, obviously, in 2003 (or 2010 or 2012). Those teams we knew could actually win it all.

I want one more team like that before he has to hang them up.

I think some roster mistakes, recruiting mistakes, lapses in effort due to age, less dynamic assistants, lots of factors, play into it. But make no mistake; add an Isaiah Stewart to the roster we have right now, and we are a whole different animal. We are just a couple players away from being a title contender. We have all the supporting pieces. We just need to get a couple alpha dogs.

Then we could make another real run or two, not a gimmicky run when the defense carries us, but we don't have enough offense to really have a shot at winning it all.

We have tons of offense now; we need that talented big guy or two inside.

Isaiah wouldve been so nice. Still dissappointed.

What? I thought it was only in Chapel Hill where you didn't actually have to go to classes??
Well, i had a few classes back in the day that I only went to the exams and the class prior to the exams. I couldn't do it for most classes, but a few. I just read the text. I wouldn't advise it, however.

Whoever said he has a daughter is right on the mark. Ink doesn’t lie. (He got a tattoo of her name and the time she was born.) Not sure if this will factor into his decision to come back, as some have speculated.

(currently on his IG page. Obrissy is his handle . I tried to screenshot the photo he put up but the file is too big. )

Whoever said he has a daughter is right on the mark. Ink doesn’t lie. (He got a tattoo of her name and the time she was born.) Not sure if this will factor into his decision to come back, as some have speculated.

(currently on his IG page. Obrissy is his handle . I tried to screenshot the photo he put up but the file is too big. )

Nice congrats to Oshae

I believe this is what you're referring to. The baby with wings and halo emoji kind of indicates heaven, so it's very likely this tattoo is actually in remembrance of a relative that died too young named Kayden. There aren't any photos of a baby of his on his Instagram.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-04-30 at 12.32.40 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-30 at 12.32.40 PM.png
    247 KB · Views: 114
I believe this is what you're referring to. The baby with wings and halo emoji kind of indicates heaven, so it's very likely this tattoo is actually in remembrance of a relative that died too young named Kayden. There aren't any photos of a baby of his on his Instagram.

Or if you look at the tattoo and the post he has the time. Wouldn't it make sense that it was the time she was born? Why would you have the time someone died? That doesn't make any sense.

It's much more likely Kayden is his daughter and she's his little angel.

Or if you look at the tattoo and the post he has the time. Wouldn't it make sense that it was the time she was born? Why would you have the time someone died? That doesn't make any sense.

It's much more likely Kayden is his daughter and she's his little angel.

True. I've followed Brissett on Instagram and Snapchat for over a year (we're both college age, so this isn't weird), and he often posts pictures from his daily life and of his girlfriend. Not once has there been anything indicating a baby or pregnancy, the latter of which can be obvious if he's posting pics of his girlfriend. That's all I'll say,

True. I've followed Brissett on Instagram and Snapchat for over a year (we're both college age, so this isn't weird), and he often posts pictures from his daily life and of his girlfriend. Not once has there been anything indicating a baby or pregnancy, the latter of which can be obvious if he's posting pics of his girlfriend. That's all I'll say,

Also, Richardson and McCullough both posted pics of their children on social media. Oshae hasn't.

Yep. I think brissey coming back for the gala says something too.

Yep. I think brissey coming back for the gala says something too.

Well, if that's the case, it's going to be interesting to see how the front court shakes out. Guerrier is too good not to play 15-20 minutes a game, minimum. Eli is going to get his minutes, too. Braswell might get frustrated if he doesn't see the floor, and how much is Marek going to play at forward vs. center (where we now have 3 other guys).

Well, if that's the case, it's going to be interesting to see how the front court shakes out. Guerrier is too good not to play 15-20 minutes a game, minimum. Eli is going to get his minutes, too. Braswell might get frustrated if he doesn't see the floor, and how much is Marek going to play at forward vs. center (where we now have 3 other guys).

Best guess:
  • Brissett and Guerrier start at forward
  • Dolezaj continues to play heavy minutes off the bench, unless he starts over Sidibe
  • Hughes shifts to guard [prediction I feel least confident about]
  • One of the two incoming frosh centers redshirts

Of course, all of this goes out the window if Guerrier isn't ready to start and comes off the bench, in which case Hughes / Brissett pair up again.

Best guess:
  • Brissett and Guerrier start at forward
  • Dolezaj continues to play heavy minutes off the bench, unless he starts over Sidibe
  • Hughes shifts to guard [prediction I feel least confident about]
  • One of the two incoming frosh centers redshirts
Of course, all of this goes out the window if Guerrier isn't ready to start and comes off the bench, in which case Hughes / Brissett pair up again.

I want to agree with this, but unless Quincy is a Carmelo-level talent, it's hard to see him starting over either OSB (assumes he's back) and Hughes, who would then be a a 4th year Jr., going into his 3rd year with the program.
That's a LOT of experience for a Frosh to attempt to overcome - especially on D.

And while I know that Eli played a lot of SG his RS year (he and Battle went at each other all the time), we also have a glut of SG's - worse than F - so moving him there creates almost as many player minute issues at it solves.

So, I think your "goes out the window" scenario is more likely.

I think OB is back. His older brother is a grad transfer to UVA in football. He said when his brother goes down there he will wear cuse gear. Family above everything. It’s strange he would say this if Oshae is gone or planning to be gone. I don’t think Hughes moves up top. I think it’s hughes, OB and Quincey at the forwards with marek exclusive to the 5 unfortunately. I think goodine contributes a lot right away and Carey makes a leap

I know a lot of guys seem to think he’s gone. But one guy who seems to disagree is Oshae’s brother. A wide receiver, he recently grad transferred to Virginia. In an interview he was quoted as follows:

"When my brother comes to UVA, I will be at the game in full Syracuse gear, not hiding it at all," Dejon Brissett said. "Family over everything [laughs]."

WHEN, not if. Until we hear from Oshae himself, I will take this as a positive sign, more so than “the word on the hill.”

I know a lot of guys seem to think he’s gone. But one guy who seems to disagree is Oshae’s brother. A wide receiver, he recently grad transferred to Virginia. In an interview he was quoted as follows:

"When my brother comes to UVA, I will be at the game in full Syracuse gear, not hiding it at all," Dejon Brissett said. "Family over everything [laughs]."

WHEN, not if. Until we hear from Oshae himself, I will take this as a positive sign, more so than “the word on the hill.”
ask his brother if he blew off school lately?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom