OT: Golf? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Golf?

Pro's prefer to swing their irons at 85-90%, but if they can get a few more yards with the same control / same swing speed they will be all over a club. Just like us, there 9 iron is more accurate than an 8 iron, but only at a marginal level. But when you are at that level those margins are important.

It really depends if the new club compromises on other aspects.
A pro at 85/90 percent are amateurs at 110 percent. Pros goal is to hit the center of the face. Amateur is to hit the ball.

I know its for Joe Schmo but how is this really helping them? They have already delofted most of these clubs to the point that some PW are 44 degrees. How far are people expecting to hit these clubs? I'm not sure. It seems a lot of guys with these distance irons hit pretty good distance with there short irons but can't seem to hit the mid or longer ones far at all from what I see on the courses. They might pull 8i from 150 but from 180 they are hitting 4i or a hybrid.
It's not. What would help Joe Schmo is moving up a set of tees.

There is only 3-4 degrees difference between a 7i and a 6i. I don't understand the cut off. Obviously any inaccuracy is amplified but 6i is still a pretty lofted club IMO. I guess its more of a starting point thing distance wise.
The reason is that people use the 7 more than most clubs on the range...

I always feel the answer is fixing the swing. Some don't have the time to do that though. If you get shallower in your swing you should see added distance to your shorter irons as well. My dad made this adjustment about 14 years ago and it helped him a lot.
Not sure shallower is the right answer but you're right that swing mechanics are the answer.

Not sure shallower is the right answer but you're right that swing mechanics are the answer.

Shallower decending angle not overall swing. Usually when you are too steep you are picking up too fast in the take away rather than getting a good full turn away from the ball.

jordoo said:
Shallower decending angle not overall swing. Usually when you are too steep you are picking up too fast in the take away rather than getting a good full turn away from the ball.
oh I agree with that...thought u meant backswing...thought maybe u were hank Haney

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom