OT-MNF Damar Hamlin emergency | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

OT-MNF Damar Hamlin emergency

I drove my family by a deadly accident where an idiot driver killed two pedestrians, one a child that we knew from day care, and permanently injured her younger brother. All I could do was get out of the way of all the ambulances and cops flying up

Nightmares for a while. I wish we had driven by a few minutes earlier but I wonder how much use I would've been. Probably not much, I froze. my wife had to snap me out of it to get the f out of the way. People like Kellington are different and better.

Summer while home between my frosh and soph year at Cuse we were playing poker at my buddy's house which is in a very rural area and about 2 miles off a main road. We all had a few drinks but nothing crazy. One of our crew was an EMT and around 1 am we hear an awful sound from what we thought was the main road. My buddy the EMT immediately jumps up and said it sounded like a wreck.

So we hopped in his truck and not a quarter mile after we got to the main road is a Honda civic with the entire front end mashed in from hitting a telephone pole.

Passenger had been ejected and driver was wandering from adrenaline but massive injuries and being full of alcohol. Both survived but driver lost his right arm elbow down and passenger was paralyzed from waste down. Still get nightmares from that one. Also- they were going 110 when they hit the pole and also were airborne.

This press conference is unreal, quite deep. How can you not be a Bills fan after all this, Wow.

My older sister is a nurse who would probably be unable to name more than 5 NFL teams. She asked me today when the Bills are playing and on what channel because she wants to watch the game.

I suspect that’s not uncommon everywhere, and that the Bills are currently “America’s Team”.

And in your morning good news

Damar has had his breathing tube removed and is talking
1673062192362.gif

I think the emergency personnel did an awesome job…but it’s really starting to look like it was a total cluster once the ambulance left the field, mainly due to Troy Vincent. His first public statement was eyebrow raising, then he doubled down on it which sounded like a guy protesting too much - now ESPN has a article where Bengals and Bills anonymous officials run Vincent over for how he handled things.

I’m not one to call for people to get fired - but it sounds like Goodell needs to have a come to Jesus meeting with Vincent. Nothing is going to fix the screw-ups from that night, so Vincent needs to be less concerned about “winning the press conference” and more concerned with winning back the trust and confidence of the players and teams in the league. If the article is accurate and the quotes from team officials represent how they truly feel, I’m not sure it’s possible - that’s something Goodell needs to be assessing as well.

I’m far less confident the NFL handled the entire situation well than I was a week ago based on the new information that’s come out since then - I’ve gone from thinking the NFL deserved some benefit of the doubt (35 minutes from when the ambulance left the stadium to game cancellation was excessive, but that could have been a procedural checklist that needs to be completed prior to game cancellation where the procedure needs to be streamlined as a follow up to this event) to very concerned with how the situation was handled regarding game status post ambulance leaving the field. (There’s no evidence such a procedure exists, and if it does it was not being followed by Vincent).

Last edited:
I think the emergency personnel did an awesome job…but it’s really starting to look like it was a total cluster once the ambulance left the field, mainly due to Troy Vincent. His first public statement was eyebrow raising, then he doubled down on it which sounded like a guy protesting too much - now ESPN has a article where Bengals and Bills anonymous officials run Vincent over for how he handled things.

I’m not one to call for people to get fired - but it sounds like Goodell needs to have a come to Jesus meeting with Vincent. Nothing is going to fix the screw-ups from that night, so Vincent needs to be less concerned about “winning the press conference” and more concerned with winning back the trust and confidence of the players and teams in the league. If the article is accurate and the quotes from team officials represent how they truly feel, I’m not sure it’s possible - that’s something Goodell needs to be assessing as well.

I’m far less confident the NFL handled the entire situation well than I was a week ago based on the new information that’s come out since then - I’ve gone from thinking the NFL deserved some benefit of the doubt (35 minutes from when the ambulance left the stadium to game cancellation was excessive, but that could have been a procedural checklist that needs to be completed prior to game cancellation where the procedure needs to be streamlined as a follow up to this event) to very concerned with how the situation was handled regarding game status post ambulance leaving the field. (There’s no evidence such a procedure exists, and if it does it was not being followed by Vincent).
I never trust the NFL and I don't think Troy Vincent says anything without someone above him dictating it. I think the league would have continued the game and were planning to until the Bengals and Bills saved the shield from throwing up on themselves. I also think it is one of the reasons the Bengal people were less than thrilled with the coin toss.

No one who says "Frankly" as much as VIncent did in that first interview that is telling the truth

No one who says "Frankly" as much as VIncent did in that first interview that is telling the truth
Yep, this kind of stuff is studied relentlessly in a controlled, blinded manner (a quite easy experiment to set up). Words like Frankly, Honestly etc are among the highest correlation to telling a lie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom