Our new Co-OC and QB coach | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Our new Co-OC and QB coach

Ron Prince was let go by the Lions. Used to be a hot name and big recruiter. Not sure how he would fit.

My Cowboys.
Aw, what the heck...one more for the road!;)
5F4BE40D-4099-415D-B3DE-66F579EF79CA.jpeg

I hear that Derek Dooley won't be returning to Dallas. He has lined up Co-OC at Syracuse.
Coach Babers was not at the last Orange Club golf outing at Seneca Falls Country Club (I think it was held in early June). He was at the Cowboys camp, along with a couple members of his staff. Maybe he struck up a friendship with Dooley there?

Some are saying his contract is up. So that would need to be addressed. If both sides want him to return.

First I don’t believe there is any truth to this rumor. Second would you want someone who has done a pretty bad job at his last two stops? I think SU can find a better a coach who will be a better fit. Dooley might have the name recognition but there are better coaches for this position who will be available.

First I don’t believe there is any truth to this rumor. Second would you want someone who has done a pretty bad job at his last two stops? I think SU can find a better a coach who will be a better fit. Dooley might have the name recognition but there are better coaches for this position who will be available.

Bad job in his past two stops? IDK. I'll say I don't believe this news, but why would we not want this guy? Georgia native, played at UVA, Former Head Coach, Former SEC Head Coach, coached under Saban as the RB/ST/TE/AssHC and LSU Recruiting Coordinator, won a National Championship, 3/4 year NFL WR coach, Former Athletic Director. Why would we not want this guy as a position coach helping to share OCoordinator duties?? Seems like a no brainer to me.

Judging him at Tennessee is a tough one. He was the 3rd Head Coach in 3 years trying to piece together a decimated roster. He didn't have much of a chance with the draw he got.

But whatever his head coaching records are, he'd be a position coach here, not the head coach. Seems like a pretty good candidate to bring into the system.

Last edited:
Bad job in his past two stops? IDK. I'll say I don't believe this news, but why would we not want this guy? Georgia native, played at UVA, Former Head Coach, Former SEC Head Coach, coached under Saban as the RB/ST/TE/AssHC and LSU Recruiting Coordinator, won a National Championship, 3/4 year NFL WR coach, Former Athletic Director. Why would we not want this guy as a position coach helping to share OCoordinator duties. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Judging him at Tennessee is a tough one. He was the 3rd Head Coach in 3 years trying to piece together a decimated roster. He didn't have much of a chance with the draw he got.

But whatever his head coaching records are, he'd be a position coach here, not the head coach. Seems like a pretty good candidate to bring into the system.

Nah, holding out for Josh McDaniels or it' a bad hire for us.

I immediately though of him for our openings on the offensive side of the ball...really whats the downside to bringing him in?

Yes he may be here short term but he could def be asset to Dino and the program.

Coach Babers was not at the last Orange Club golf outing at Seneca Falls Country Club (I think it was held in early June). He was at the Cowboys camp, along with a couple members of his staff. Maybe he struck up a friendship with Dooley there?
Good observation Tom

Has anyone else heard anything at all that lends this to being even remotely possible? Trying to figure out if this is complete nonsense and I need to stop thinking about it or that there is a chance it's real.

Has anyone else heard anything at all that lends this to being even remotely possible? Trying to figure out if this is complete nonsense and I need to stop thinking about it or that there is a chance it's real.

I would be happy if it were real, but it is total crap, IMO.

Missouri: Dallas Cowboys receivers coach Derek Dooley will be the new offensive coordinator at Missouri! The former Tennessee and Louisiana Tech head coach has never served as a offensive coordinator. At Missouri Dooley will also coach the quarterbacks…which to our knowledge he has never done before either. Oh boy… let’s do this! Prior to his two head coaching opportunities Dooley coached tight ends for Saban with the Dolphins, running backs, tight ends and special teams at LSU and receivers at SMU back in the late 90s.

Via football scoop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom