Our next 7 games lol | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Our next 7 games lol

Outside of Hartman none of the other quarterbacks in the ACC should scare us. For that reason alone I think we are in every game. My biggest concern is always game management by Dino. We need to go for it more on fourth down in big games and he’s got to get better with clock management.

Not as tough as I thought it would be before the season. Plus being 5-0 counts for something. You're confident and you have momentum. You think you belong. Some terrible injuries like Thompson and Lockett are crushing, but hopefully this bye week let's guys like McDonald, Clark, Tucker to get right.
Here is my ranking from toughest on.
1. Clemson
2. @Wake
3. NCST
4. Notre Dame
5. @Pitt
6. FSU
7. @BC

I say we finish 4-3 or 5-2
I like your 7 list from toughest on but agree Wake may be the best esp @ home.

The next 7 games, each of those teams is going to run on us. We haven't faced a team that has tried to run it down our throat. That is going to change. We beat Purdue. But our other wins are not all that impressive.
We play a lot of teams that want to throw the ball.

I agree teams will be able to run on us. I don't think they'll be disciplined enough to stick with the running game though.

Even so, we need to keep scoring and give the defense breathing room.

The next 7 games, each of those teams is going to run on us. We haven't faced a team that has tried to run it down our throat. That is going to change. We beat Purdue. But our other wins are not all that impressive.
We dominated Louisville start to finish. Not saying they are anything great, but they did stick with Florida State so I think it means something. Purdue beat a top 25 team on the road. We know they are good.

We dominated Louisville start to finish. Not saying they are anything great, but they did stick with Florida State so I think it means something. Purdue beat a top 25 team on the road. We know they are good.
Louisville just lost to B.C.. They suck.

Wait, he said that?

That's dumb.
He said it because he knew the team was decimated by injuries and he didn't have the depth to compete with the teams remaining

He said it because he knew the team was decimated by injuries and he didn't have the depth to compete with the teams remaining
I'd need to see the quote, but I don't know how you make a statement like that your team could hear with that much season left.

We went 16-1-1 vs Pitt between 1984 and 2001

Since 2002 we are 3-17 against them

They were 13-2 against us between 1969 and 1983

We were 9-3 against them from 1957 to 1968

It's a series of incredible stretches of dominance.

I believe there was an article in the past few years about why Syracuse and Pitt aren’t bigger rivals in football, given their long history and geographic location and that was the main point: rarely have both programs been good at the same time. It’s always been long stretches of one team dominating the other.

We play a lot of teams that want to throw the ball.

I agree teams will be able to run on us. I don't think they'll be disciplined enough to stick with the running game though.

Even so, we need to keep scoring and give the defense breathing room.
Very astute

SU is better at TB, Qb, back seven on defense that NC St and Clemson

NCSt’s LB are legit. SU’s back seven is elite

What Dino needs to do is figure out how to break even on the line because G&S can win in a 50/50 trench war against DJ/Shipley and Leary and whoever their lead back us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom