Our next 7 games lol | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Our next 7 games lol

I'd need to see the quote, but I don't know how you make a statement like that your team could hear with that much season left.
I would’ve fired him on the spot

We need to hold serve at home and take one on the road
Yep, Win those three and BC and Clemson / Pitt are gravy.

And this team is that good if they get the ol sorted.

I think the NC State game determines how the rest of the season goes. If we can find a way to win that, then who knows what happens.
I think that is hardly the case. Most of these games are toss-ups -- we need to out-coach teams and get a healthy dose of luck

That division is a hot mess.

SU has to win the next game played and fight like you're in a playoff because EVERY game is going to tough...and yes, even @ BC. Injuries will be a huge key here but that said, they are giving some guys reps that may not have had any. Yes, maybe before they were ready but lets see who steps up, we may be pleasantly surprised.

We will finish 7-5

With that said, the ACC is pretty much wide open this year after Clemson (Who doesn't look like a top 5 team).

It's going to be VERY interesting to see what this year's team looks like on the road.
Can they pull out a last second victory? Can the offense execute in front of a hostile crowd?
Can turnovers and penalties be limited?
But ...let's beat NC State first!!

They look really good tonight but anyone left is beatable I just worry about our DL

To me, on defense NC State looked very good against the run, but weaker against the pass. On offense, their QB is ok, but he didn't very accurate on long passes. Most of his completions were less than 10 yards. Now, sure, that may have been Clemson's pass rush that had something to do with that, but I don't think that Clemson is as good as usual so far this season.

But I think if we have time to throw the ball on offense and can stop NC State's running game, we have a pretty decent chance at the W, especially at home. We never beat these guys. I think our guys will remember that and come to play.

NC State has back-to-back killer games before us (Clemson & Fla. State). They are going to hopefully come into our game pretty banged up and maybe a bit demoralized.

We seem to have close games against Wake. We lost in over time last year; and I don’t want to go into game time decisions.

I think Wake, Pitt and BC are all weaker than normal defensively this year. Plus BC can't score. I think it's likely that we will win 2 out of 3 of those games.

Among Fla State, Clemson, NC State and ND, I think we have a chance in all our home games. I could see winning 1, and maybe even 2 out of those, if our fans start showing up.

That, folks, would get us to an 8 or 9 win regular season, and a very good bowl game.

I think Wake, Pitt and BC are all weaker than normal defensively this year. Plus BC can't score. I think it's likely that we will win 2 out of 3 of those games.

Among Fla State, Clemson, NC State and ND, I think we have a chance in all our home games. I could see winning 1, and maybe even 2 out of those, if our fans start showing up.

That, folks, would get us to an 8 or 9 win regular season, and a very good bowl game.
BC is all about messing with Jurkovec. Dude gets really emotional when he starts getting hit. Emotional Jurkovec misses easy passes and turns it over a bunch.

Louisville just lost to B.C.. They suck.
Not that easy. They beat BC 4 out of 5 times. Bit like us vs UVA, stunk it up and the other team had an unusual stretch of good play from a guy or two.

Slovis is no Pickett. They don't have Addison nor a Connor. Pitt is more beatable than they have been in a long time.
Don’t forget Nard-dogg bring absolutely stubborn on D. “We play how we play” can be good when it works but it’s also predictable

I'm not sure why Marrone felt it necessary to speak openly and truthfully with reporters in 2011 and admit that the 5-2 team might not win another game the rest of the way. Must have been high on bologna or something.
The comment probably shouldn't have surprised anyone though. It was a precarious 5-2 record.

This was the year that the refs gifted SU a PAT that went wide against Toledo. That would have been a loss if they got the call right.
They squeaked by URI and Tulane. Beat WF and Toledo in overtime.
Huge win against WVU.

But basically everyone on defense was seriously injured.
It was just a rough year.

I'm not sure why Marrone felt it necessary to speak openly and truthfully with reporters in 2011 and admit that the 5-2 team might not win another game the rest of the way. Must have been high on bologna or something.
The comment probably shouldn't have surprised anyone though. It was a precarious 5-2 record.

This was the year that the refs gifted SU a PAT that went wide against Toledo. That would have been a loss if they got the call right.
They squeaked by URI and Tulane. Beat WF and Toledo in overtime.
Huge win against WVU.

But basically everyone on defense was seriously injured.
It was just a rough year.
Yeah that was the second worst 5-7 team I can think of (2019 is the winner)

There is no juggernaut left on our schedule. We have NFL talent at DB, LB, OL and RB and maybe K.

4-3.

9-3 on the season.

I get the fear, after the last 20 years, it’s easy to get down.
9 and 3 feels right as the goal from this point. It would mean we have a winning record the remainder of the way. That's the right thing to shoot for.

I feel good about our chances against ND at home, and BC and Pitt on the road. Clemson will be tough. Wake, FSU, NC State all can go either way.

But as soon as we qualify for a bowl the season is successful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom