Our next coach | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Our next coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take it for what its worth, spoke to someone in AD/football office yesterday. Said SU has been contacted by multiple schools about speaking with Babers. When I asked what their thought about it was and if they expected him back next year, the answer was less then encouraging.

Take it for what its worth, spoke to someone in AD/football office yesterday. Said SU has been contacted by multiple schools about speaking with Babers. When I asked what their thought about it and if they expected him back next year, the answer was less then encouraging.
I've heard there is zero chance he goes to another program

I've heard there is zero chance he goes to another program

I certainly have no way of knowing for sure but based on my conversation with this person I would personally but the odds a lot higher then that.

Take it for what its worth, spoke to someone in AD/football office yesterday. Said SU has been contacted by multiple schools about speaking with Babers. When I asked what their thought about it was and if they expected him back next year, the answer was less then encouraging.
What did they say?

I certainly have no way of knowing for sure but based on my conversation with this person I would personally but the odds a lot higher then that.
I have been following most of the openings (including Oregon) that might appeal to DB very closely. His name doesn't show-up on any of the lists so far. Not even a passing mention.

I have been following most of the openings (including Oregon) that might appeal to DB very closely. His name doesn't show-up on any of the lists so far. Not even a passing mention.

Again just passing along what I was told. I was hesitant to post anything because I know how sensitive the issue is. Fyi those lists are meaningless, go back to us last year hardly anyone had Babers to SU.

JeremyCuse said:
They asked I not share there exact response publicly but they were seriously concerned if you catch my drift.

I think you've already said enough.

I'm surprised they would even share anything with anyone from the outside.

I'm holding off renewing season tickets and parking pass until the coast is clear.

I'm holding off renewing season tickets and parking pass until the coast is clear.

I hope it all works out for us and he's back, program needs some continuity and success desperately.

You guys aren't helping my anxiety any.

JeremyCuse said:
I hope it all works out for us and he's back, program needs some continuity and success desperately.

I'm done if he's not.

Not worth the money, particularly with the donation increase.

They'll lose most of the class and be set back 3-4 years.

Again just passing along what I was told. I was hesitant to post anything because I know how sensitive the issue is. Fyi those lists are meaningless, go back to us last year hardly anyone had Babers to SU.
Most may not have known that DB was heading to SU before it happened but he was on everybody's short list beforehand.

There are always leaks and if/when he becomes a serious candidate for one of the openings we'll hear about it.

Houston isn't hiring Dino they want a bigger fish.
Baylor is looking at other guys.

I can't see another job open now that would be a concern.
Wildhack should tack another year on to Dino's contract now.

Houston isn't hiring Dino they want a bigger fish.
Baylor is looking at other guys.

I can't see another job open now that would be a concern.
Wildhack should tack another year on to Dino's contract now.

Id normally be against it after one year but i thinka one year extension would be a good idea.

OrangeMaNPD said:
Wish this thread had never been started.

Yeah, until things are settled, we can forget about landing any more recruits.

One would assume if he agreed to a one year extension he would be here for at least one more year

Or it could be used to negotiate a lower buyout and make him a more attractive candidate.

Only to have him turn around to take another job.

(Just figured I'd add more doom & gloom to this super dope thread)

Take the buyout. Hire Strong, Wilder or Moglia. Heck, even PSU's o-coordinator would be a decent option.

My first choice is Brohm, but i am fairly certain he is unofficially Louisville's Head-Coach-in-Waiting or would bolt as soon as a better job opened.

I really like how Babers carries himself. That he has his guys and his systems. It'd be a shame to lose him as I think he is a great fit and was a great hire.

But look at his resume. I'll stop short of calling him a mercenary, because at least all his moves appear to have advanced his career. But, he certainly has no issue with putting his own interests above all others (and i dont begrudge him that).

Or it could be used to negotiate a lower buyout and make him a more attractive candidate.

Only to have him turn around to take another job.

(Just figured I'd add more doom & gloom to this super dope thread)

Yup, just a...
upload_2016-12-1_23-46-29.jpeg

Thanks, OP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online