Our zone blows | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Our zone blows

I'll always give credit where credit is due. The defense tonight was filthy.

I'd argue that they made some of those tweaks that I posted about but am a humble man and won't take credit for the win.
I saw TCU miss some good looks from deep that might have swung the momentum their way, else you would still be singing your favorite tune.

I saw TCU miss some good looks from deep that might have swung the momentum their way, else you would still be singing your favorite tune.
We never let them get into a rhythm due to the stifling perimeter defense.

Threes don't start avalanching on you if the opposing team can't get in rhythm. After we gave up a few open corner looks that they drained, clean shots from behind the arc were few and far between.

The tradeoff is giving up mid-range looks but those are awkward and congested by nature due to having defenders in front of and behind you.

I'll always give credit where credit is due. The defense tonight was filthy.

I'd argue that they made some of those tweaks that I posted about but am a humble man and won't take credit for the win.
Held TCU to a season-low 0.87 PPP. It’s been the defense that has carried us all year... and it will be the defense that carries us if we are fortunate enough to go any further.

Tavern League: Cuse, Duke, UW.

Our defense was good tonight. Odd that it got so much talk when their defense held us to 36% and shut down Battle, Brissett, and Howard and was never mentioned.

That's what happens.

That's what happens.
That's correct. You'll never be able to take away everything for 40 minutes, but you can put yourself in a position where the percentages are in your favor.

You're right, and Charles said the zone is why Syracuse has always been a bad offensive team. And we all know how sharp guy he is.

It's pretty amazing how Barkley and Smith are allowed to do their clown show on tv during the NCAA tournament.

It must get good ratings because they keep running out it there...

But for a couple of guys who played so many years in the NBA their basketball knowledge is weak. Their college basketball knowledge is laughable. Kenny could barely get a sentence out about Syracuse tonight.

It's pretty amazing how Barkley and Smith are allowed to do their clown show on tv during the NCAA tournament.

It must get good ratings because they keep running out it there...

But for a couple of guys who played so many years in the NBA their basketball knowledge is weak. Their college basketball knowledge is laughable. Kenny could barely get a sentence out about Syracuse tonight.
It would help if they actually watched a few college basketball games before they show up to cover the NCAAT.

We held those two teams to, what, a combined 60 points below their average?

I thought Dixon had the zone " figured out" and "knows how to beat it"

His teams at Pitt pretty much proved he does. He always had the right guys and always had time to prepare.

This win was nothing short of unbelievable to me. Dixon couldn't get them ready in time. In a few days it would have been different. Marek doubled his average scoring and we still win below the increase. I am fairly shocked we win this game... Dixon is a very good coach against us.

I still want to smash his mouth every time he opens it.

While still getting out on their shooters. Excellent!

Yes, indeed. And they broke down and closed out as well. Very few flying leaps trying to block shots from 28 feet. They really came to meet the ball quite well. I enjoyed watching them play D tonight.

He also said JB is holding back his guys on offense because he doesn't allow them enough freedom. Brilliant.

I literally thought that comment was hilarious. All there is is unquestionable freedom (after the high ball screen with no roll threat). He doesn’t know jack about college basketball.

44cuse

They hit 3 threes in the first 5 minutes and then didn't hit another one.

Because adjustments were made and they didn't get another look like they did.

This thread is to bash people but what's funny is the people who questioned our defense were asking for exactly what was done tonight. It's comical that people think we played up top tonight like we have all year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom