Over/under 8.5 scholarship players next year | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Over/under 8.5 scholarship players next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
To answer the question, we'll easily be over 8.5 scholarship players. I don't think that's really in question.

That however doesn't change the fact that Kadary was a huge loss and that our recruiting and general success has continued to trend downward over the past 6 or so years.

Yup just like the conference they play in changed.
They'd still be a top 3 seed if they were in the Big East like UConn?

That's a bold take.

I can read just fine...

That was your response to that, as if it counts. Horseshoes, hand grenades, and top-25 polls?
AlpharettaCuse said:
We were #26 in the final poll in 2018. Also don't forget that #10 ranking in 2016, when when we made the Final Four. Awful.

“Another” as in we’ve been ranked many, many times in the Top 25 final poll.

Again, learn to read.

To answer the question, we'll easily be over 8.5 scholarship players. I don't think that's really in question.

That however doesn't change the fact that Kadary was a huge loss and that our recruiting and general success has continued to trend downward over the past 6 or so years.

Are you counting Chaz in your total lol?

In reality you are probably right, but one year we had 9 I think and had to play Brandon Bayer in a tournament game and I could see that same situation next year.

So wait the takeaway is we lost Kadary because of sanctions?

No, we landed Kadary. He was barely a Top 100 kid, right? He's transferring just like the 1000 other kids in the portal. Like Washington, Goodine and Carey, who all are not very good. Not the end of the world. JB usually does well in the transfer portal.

No, we landed Kadary. He was barely a Top 100 kid, right? He's transferring just like the 1000 other kids in the portal. Like Washington, Goodine and Carey, who all are not very good. Not the end of the world. JB usually does well in the transfer portal.

No. Kadary is and was better than all of them. What is this spin? And last years class was clearly better than their ranking.

If he ends up at FSU I hope JB prays we have A better record than them, because if he doesn’t he will deserve all the criticism coming.

We can all read and we all know you were trying to spin a #26 into a top-25. I'm done, arguing with you is pointless. Have a good day.

If you could read, you'd have seen where I pointed out the Top 10 ranking in 2016, the near miss in 2018 (#26) and the probable Top 25 ranking this year. Guess the world is not ending?

Have a good day yourself.

So wait the takeaway is we lost Kadary because of sanctions?
I can already see it, after a few losses;

“ ya know we don’t really have a point guard who can handle the press. Joe does okay there and marek helped us a bunch last year. Marek really was a terrific player. We gotta get better at handling pressure but these guys just aren’t ready yet”

No. Kadary is and was better than all of them. What is this spin? And last years class was clearly better than their ranking.

If he ends up at FSU I hope JB prays we have A better record than them, because if he doesn’t he will deserve all the criticism coming

Kadary is a better than them all for sure. But we may end up with a replacement as good or better, than Kadary. The overreaction last year was silly, as is this. Lots of time between now and the start of the season.

Kadary is a better than them all for sure. But we may end up with a replacement as good or better, than Kadary. The overreaction last year was silly, as is this. Lots of time between now and the start of the season.
You think a more talented guy would want to find here knowing what happened with Kadary?

You think a more talented guy would want to find here knowing what happened with Kadary?

What happened with Kadary? The kid was a freshman that played significant minutes. He has a lot of potential, but he wasn't a great player. Yes, I think someone as good or better would want to come here.

They'd still be a top 3 seed if they were in the Big East like UConn?

That's a bold take.
The whole dynamics of competition and recruiting changed when SU entered the ACC. How many poster predicted problems with the change in conference? A lot. How well have the other former BE schools now in the ACC fared. Other than Louisville, not well. How many times have people cried Carolina bias on officiating and conference decisions? So yes standards have changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom