Overtime Elite Basketball League | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Overtime Elite Basketball League

...the most important name is the one on the front of the jersey, not the one on the back.
Amen to that...
We're all going to have to get used to a a mostly different class of college players.
Fewer "5-stars" for now.
A little closer to what college ball generally used to be.

Nope. I always love the idea that losing some 5-star prima donnas that few people get to watch on a night-to-night basis will "destroy college basketball". Was college basketball "destroyed" this year because Kentucky, Duke, and UNC had teams that weren't as good as they used to be? Maybe for their fans, but not for many others. I think the exact opposite. College basketball will be more competitive when they're gone. Then again, to me the most important name is the one on the front of the jersey, not the one on the back.

Actually it kinda was as far as the casual viewer goes...

Lowest watched championship game on cbs ever.

The Baylor v Houston Final Four rating was a 4.4. 8 million viewers...that’s real real bad.

Not suggesting it was ”destroyed”, but you can’t ignore the ratings were hideous.

The Baylor v Houston Final Four rating was a 4.4. 8 million viewers...that’s real real bad.

Not suggesting it was ”destroyed”, but you can’t ignore the ratings were hideous.
Will there be a drop-off in fans in front of screens? Of course there will because "a lot of fans" are looking for NBA "farm team games" and they'll be on a different channel. It is going to take some time for the teams to adjust to the new normal. Once they do, you'll see the usual suspects playing again in March. I imagine 2019 didn't have good numbers, either, since the only "recognizable" team to the casual fan was Michigan State, let alone having the ultimate team that's bad for basketball win it.

Will there be a drop-off in fans in front of screens? Of course there will because "a lot of fans" are looking for NBA "farm team games" and they'll be on a different channel. It is going to take some time for the teams to adjust to the new normal. Once they do, you'll see the usual suspects playing again in March. I imagine 2019 didn't have good numbers, either, since the only "recognizable" team to the casual fan was Michigan State, let alone having the ultimate team that's bad for basketball win it.

they weren’t good but no one was near the grim numbers of that houston/baylor game

I've always enjoyed watching the players develop their skills each year while they enjoy their time in college.

I know times have changed but a pro option would make sense for kids who have no desire to get a degree.

If a kid just wants to make money playing basketball, good for him. I'd welcome an opportunity for these kids to make some money and maybe get an NBA contract.

Two relatively small private schools doesn't help.

Two relatively small private schools doesn't help.

Yeah that’s the point. The argument was it doesn’t matter if your national powers aren’t involved...obviously it does for your casual audience

Yeah that’s the point. The argument was it doesn’t matter if your national powers aren’t involved...obviously it does for your casual audience
hmm...now I am starting to connect the dots on why its seems the NCAA favors certain schools...of course, money makes the world go round...and you can usually trace it back to that...but I get it now...

Stepping their money game up after the NIL news. It will be interesting to see what some of the top talent will bring in if they go college route vs doing this. I can only imagine what Zion was worth his 1 year at Duke.

How many reps are out there offering deals along side the coaches right now...

I have no problem with the league. These kids know what they want to pursue as a career so let them train for it. That option should be available for all fields, not just sports. That being said, the college tuition thing seems kinda worthless. If these kids fail to make the NBA or play in Europe, how are they going back to school? They are going to be hitting the books hard enough to get into college based on academics alone? I can't see many of these 16 year olds even picking up a book.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom