Parker | Syracusefan.com

Parker

I think Coach K thinks Parker is their strongest finisher at the rim (which he's right), so he prefers him roaming the baseline. Honestly I'd put Hood in the middle; but then Jefferson would be useless. You almost have to put Amile there because you want Parker on the baseline.

Parker would require more attention at the foul line and then the big white guy could just look for the pass for the dunk. It's a bad strategy the way they are doing it.

so far K's just had Jefferson/Plumlee at the ft line

I tend to agree but if it aint broke why fix it.
Remember two years ago when Dieng couldn't make a shot so we played off him & L'ville struggled? Last year he could make a shot & it made their offense a lot more difficult to deal with.
Somehow Duke was able to get great looks from 3 without having a guy in the middle who could do anything. I don't understand how that happens.

Coach K is obviously a legend but he made 2 mistakes tonight, IMO.

1) not using Parker as you mentioned
2) not getting more size in the game to defend Grant in OT. 3 straight barely contested dunks

Coach K is obviously a legend but he made 2 mistakes tonight, IMO.

1) not using Parker as you mentioned
2) not getting more size in the game to defend Grant in OT. 3 straight barely contested dunks

Post game presser, K said he decided overtime would be Duke's 3's vs. our 2's. It was a worthwhile strategy.

Parker would require more attention at the foul line and then the big white guy could just look for the pass for the dunk. It's a bad strategy the way they are doing it.

Big white guy? Really! That my friend is a PLUMLEE!!!!

It seemed odd that he wouldn't even look at the rim - once you realize that you can pretty much ignore him entirely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom