Pete Thamel | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Pete Thamel

It's Chesney
I believe you are right as well just based upon timing and names discussed but we’ll know soon for sure. Bob Chesney might end up being a real good head coach here but there is some risk. More informed people than me are involved making the decision, so we just have to go with who they choose and will come here.

It's probably Chesney and he probably brings his QB and LB, maybe an OL with him.

But bye golly I think Brown could bring the fire and get some Dawgs in here.

If he is surrounded by experienced guys (Addazzio, for example) he could be a great hire.

Interesting, like I said my memory is fuzzy but I don't recall a thread on fire about him before he got hired. Could totally be wrong though.
I think SU focused in on Babers fairly quickly after Shafer was let go in late November. I can recall watching the MAC championship game on December 1or 2 knowing he was the lead candidate.

Man, so many posters here complain constantly. Not happy with Dino needs to be fired! Ok done. Not happy that Mullens wanting no part of Syracuse so need to dump on all the other candidates. Ok done. Now lets complain about how Syracuse is going to be left behind because SU is not investing in whom you believe should be hired and how the new coach will be a total bust before even getting to campus.
IMO, you're all living with a big black cloud over you head with nothing but a doom and gloom outlook on life.
It's cool to have an opinion but to indicate that any other hire not matching yours is a failure just reeks of narcissism.

Yeah that’s what he said.
“This is not a total reboot," Wildhack said. "You know, we've got some really good players. And if you can keep that nucleus together, add to that nucleus, enhance our recruiting efforts, our player development efforts, we can win. We can be very competitive in the ACC. We're not that far away. I still think there's ways that we are an ascending brand.
He's going to replace the fired former FBS coach with a new different FBS coach and a new staff, at minimum a new starting QB and likely a new TE/WR and RB, a bunch of players are going to portal out and a bunch more are going to portal in, and recruit more different kids. But not a TOTAL reboot. Got it. Who are they keeping?

God people we moved to a triple option in year 8, all the guy has to do is have a backup qb and he is already better.
The other way to look at it is they were bowl eligible for two years in a row. First time in forever. Now we need a coach that will move the needle to make sure a 6 win bowl game is the floor.

Do these coaches do that?

(Laughing). Ok. To be clear you started with a name, I just added but not a big deal. I was just trying to make a distinction that there is a difference between known insiders sharing data and flight trackers and unhinged posters.
And that 200-plus page exercise could have led somewhere. But it didn’t. It’s just amusing that it’s only after such an epic train wreck that a few people have the awareness to say “good god, get me an actual journalist!”

It’s kind of like that home furnace repair that didn’t go so well even though you watched multiple You Tube videos.

Complete shocker.

The other way to look at it is they were bowl eligible for two years in a row. First time in forever. Now we need a coach that will move the needle to make sure a 6 win bowl game is the floor.

Do these coaches do that?
Candle is 6/7 bowl appearances I believe, so he would fit that narrative it would seem.

He's going to replace the fired former FBS coach with a new different FBS coach and a new staff, at minimum a new starting QB and likely a new TE/WR and RB, a bunch of players are going to portal out and a bunch more are going to portal in, and recruit more different kids. But not a TOTAL reboot. Got it. Who are they keeping?
I have no idea. Neither do you. And neither do most of the players.

I still wouldn’t be surprised if it’s someone completely from left field. Marrone and babers were pretty quick and surprising from the original list of candidates right? I was around the board for the babers hire but still a young pup for marrone.

I still wouldn’t be surprised if it’s someone completely from left field. Marrone and babers were pretty quick and surprising from the original list of candidates? I was around the board for the babers hire but still a young pup for marrone.
Marrone yes but I remember all the chatter around Dino.

It's probably Chesney and he probably brings his QB and LB, maybe an OL with him.

But bye golly I think Brown could bring the fire and get some Dawgs in here.

If he is surrounded by experienced guys (Addazzio, for example) he could be a great hire.
Just what’s needed up here if u ask me a bunch of fcs players who couldn’t make the 24 team playoff

He inferred that we will be building off of what we already have, mentioned several times that we have “some really good pieces”.

Problem is, those pieces might hit the portal.
If the last couple years taught me anything , it’s not react too much to every portal entry. People will leave and people will come in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom