Class of 2021 - PF Arthur Kaluma (AZ) Offered | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 PF Arthur Kaluma (AZ) Offered

I apologize if anyone here runs the page.

I wouldn’t use Cuse Country as a reliable source. It’s fan run by the looks of it and more hype content than informative.

Of course he is, JB does not want to cut into Buddy's PT.
The following were also 4 star guard recruits - FHoward, Goodine and Joseph. Let's see how it works out before you bash the coach about playing the top ACC 3 point maker too many minutes.

I wouldn’t use Cuse Country as a reliable source. It’s fan run by the looks of it and more hype content than informative.

Agreed, seems like it's run by a HS or college kid who likes Cuse basketball. Think their content isn't that great and a few months ago they tried having beef with another Cuse fan account on IG.

The following were also 4 star guard recruits - FHoward, Goodine and Joseph. Let's see how it works out before you bash the coach about playing the top ACC 3 point maker too many minutes.
Buddy may be a good shooter but it does not take much watching to see that team lost its legs toward the end of games because he was playing some players too many minutes. And if that many guys are not panning out, then there is either an issue in development or talent evaluation.

Buddy may be a good shooter but it does not take much watching to see that team lost its legs toward the end of games because he was playing some players too many minutes. And if that many guys are not panning out, then there is either an issue in development or talent evaluation.
Don't disagree at all. a 25-28 minute run for starters would be ideal, but when back ups don't cut it...

Sounds like we out on this one

"Kaluma was born in Boston, moved to Texas as an adolescent and then made the transition to Arizona to complete his high school career. Those living arrangements have brought a variety of national powers into his recruitment. Sitting with a final eight that consists of Arizona State, Arkansas, Kansas, Oklahoma, Syracuse, Texas A&M, USC and UNLV, Kaluma has begun to shut things down pertaining to his communication with college coaches, which might mean a commitment is near.

He has not shown his hand, but the feeling is that Arizona State, Texas A&M and UNLV are the three to beat. Any of the three could use his talents immediately next fall but the Running Rebels may have taken the lead after landing his good friend, Zaon Collins, over the weekend. Collins, a four-star point guard, is TJ Otzelberger’s greatest recruiting win to date."

relax. elijah worked with the forwards but was the de facto lead guard last year.

as an aside, i find it interesting how many are already invested in the unproven assertion that kadary walks right in as a starting caliber acc point guard

now, if as i expect, his first season is 21-22, then such a belief begins to make a bit more sense . . .
Because when Syracuse has some depth at guard, forward and center, Syracuse is usually pretty good. Ideally, you need 8 guys (or 7 really good ones, like in 2009-10) to be a real contending team. Running Girard and Buddy at guard for 40mpg will result in another season on the bubble. That's why we're "invested" in Kadary being a productive bench player at guard.

Art moved up to #34 in the latest...
Screenshot_20200902-231315_Instagram.jpg

Benny #36
Mac #41
Franck #44 (Destiny? Probably not.)

Because when Syracuse has some depth at guard, forward and center, Syracuse is usually pretty good. Ideally, you need 8 guys (or 7 really good ones, like in 2009-10) to be a real contending team. Running Girard and Buddy at guard for 40mpg will result in another season on the bubble. That's why we're "invested" in Kadary being a productive bench player at guard.
we all want depth at guard of course
i had 2 points it seems you missed:
first, that kadary will be able to function as a forward if necessary
second, just because he's working with the forwards doesn't mean he's not capable of playing guard, as eli did last year

my big 3rd point though is that so many are convinced that he is already an acc caliber guard - maybe better than buddy - regardless that we as yet have no real evidence

*edit* welp ... so much for that

Last edited:

lmao what. everything ive said has been accurate, no reason to hate

like all my stuff is imformative, you must not follow me lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom