Class of 2018 - PF Nate Roberts (MD / NH) Commits to Washington | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF Nate Roberts (MD / NH) Commits to Washington

I'd be surprised if Buddy redshirts. He is already prepping a year. JB would be practically 80 by the time Buddy graduated. That's pushing it, even for a tough old buzzard like Boeheim.
Yeah but will Buddy get Boeheimed?

He's not even a top 100, maybe he gets more PT at Nebraska than being down the bench at SU. Who knows. But he doesn't appear to be significant enough to make or break anything.

Yeah. He shouldn't try to do the best he can, for his team. The recruit was on Hops radar too. Your position is silly and niave, IMO.

Frankly, Hop should try to put the screws to JB, who far over stayed what I am sure Hope believed to be his time at SU. Because JB can't let go, Hop had to uproot his family to get his chance.

crying-baby.jpg

I'm sure many coaches uproot their families a bit more often than once every 20 years or so.

Yeah. He shouldn't try to do the best he can, for his team. The recruit was on Hops radar too. Your position is silly and niave, IMO.

Frankly, Hop should try to put the screws to JB, who far over stayed what I am sure Hope believed to be his time at SU. Because JB can't let go, Hop had to uproot his family to get his chance.

Come on, man. JB can't let go? Good... that's the kind of coach I want. ANY coach who accomplishes what Boeheim has is free to leave whenever they damn choose, in my book.

If you ask me, Dino is more than welcome to "over stay" his time at Syracuse as well, after he leads us to a Nat Championship.

Come on, man. JB can't let go? Good... that's the kind of coach I want. ANY coach who accomplishes what Boeheim has is free to leave whenever they damn choose, in my book.

If you ask me, Dino is more than welcome to "over stay" his time at Syracuse as well, after he leads us to a Nat Championship.
It doesn’t change the fact that the so-called transition was handled incredibly poorly and wasn’t above board. JB played a significant part in that. not everyone believes that coaches are entitled to leave on their own terms especially if the program and brand deteriorates. And let’s be real - a couple more NITs on top of recent history and JB might have develop “health” issues. Maybe 2018 changes that narrative, maybe it doesn’t. The recent recruiting wins give hope but we’re fighting history in a sense. there’s only a small sample size of other famous coaches who continued into their mid-70s and the results are not pretty.

If we get him, I think his nickname should be Dread Pirate Roberts.

161024roberts.jpeg
bob
plus then he can be a killer b with brycen, bourama, buddy, hopefully the young battle . . .

I hope football success has no bearing on his decision because we will lose that one. Interestingly though, the same weekend we had a huge win over #2 Clemson the #5 ranked Huskies were shocked by ASU on the road and probably lost their chance at the championship.

I hope football success has no bearing on his decision because we will lose that one. Interestingly though, the same weekend we had a huge win over #2 Clemson the #5 ranked Huskies were shocked by ASU on the road and probably lost their chance at the championship.

The success is nice but the big advantage in this is that he was able to witness the Syracuse fans at their best and the atmosphere of how loud the dome can get

Washington
I can never understand what motivates a kid to go all the away across the country for school when there are plenty of schools on the East Coast which are within driving range of their support group. Are they running away from something? Especially to a school which isn't exactly a basketball factory and for a coach who has no track record as a winning head coach. Besides that, if it is Washington, good luck. You will be missing out on something special in Syracuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom