Class of 2017 - PG Makai Ashton-Langford Transfer from Providence to BC | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Makai Ashton-Langford Transfer from Providence to BC

Why would we expect JB and the staff to get involved when they've passed on other PG's?

I would assume this kid wants out to go to a Kansas, Duke, etc

We honestly couldn't have asked for it to work out much better with the amount of high caliber point guards who have shaken free late in the cycle.

Hopefully we are able to take advantage of one of these bail outs and find our guy.
I get the sense that it doesn't matter. Until we actually start showing interest in even one of these kids, I doubt we're adding a freshman PG.

New England Area top 10PG in the class and top 50 recruit. I don't see why we wouldn't try to get involved but who knows.

We absolutely should get involved but we haven't gotten involved with Blake harris, Thomas Allen, al Durham, tre waters, Jordan walker etc...how many more good players are going to become available this late in the game like they have this year yet we don't seem to pay them no mind what so ever...frustrating

I don't get it. Right now our best options to fill holes are a 2018 kid who may or may not reclassify to '17 and isn't even a true point guard and a 3/2 who had a less-than-positive visit to Syracuse his last time on campus.

We should be looking at all of these decommits as miraculous. Instead, we seem content in our position. Very odd.

I wonder if this has something to do with UConn going after Blake Harris as soon as they hired Chillous.

Providence I am hearing is a contender here.

We really need JB to get involved with whoever we truly want to commit.
Sending GMac won't do it.

Yeah, M A-L loves Cooley.

We honestly couldn't have asked for it to work out much better with the amount of high caliber point guards who have shaken free late in the cycle.

Hopefully we are able to take advantage of one of these bail outs and find our guy.
It's like we were given a second chance. Royally messed up on Quade, now this happens. And we have an opening at starting point guard next season with a loaded front court in the freakin ACC. If this kid knew what was good for him, he'd come down I-90 and suit up for SU next season.

M A-L didn't like all the UConn coaching changes.
Yeah he was a Miller guy. Harris is a Chillous recruit. Makes sense. Harris is visiting UConn supposedly after the FF.

M A-L didn't like all the UConn coaching changes.
MAL.jpg

It's like we were given a second chance. Royally messed up on Quade, now this happens. And we have an opening at starting point guard next season with a loaded front court in the freakin ACC. If this kid knew what was good for him, he'd come down I-90 and suit up for SU next season.
Can you let our coaching staff know? It's hard to get a kid to commit if they aren't even given the time of day...

I don't get it. Right now our best options to fill holes are a 2018 kid who may or may not reclassify to '17 and isn't even a true point guard and a 3/2 who had a less-than-positive visit to Syracuse his last time on campus.

We should be looking at all of these decommits as miraculous. Instead, we seem content in our position. Very odd.
It's seriously crazy. I know there is still time, but I don't feel like we're going to get involved with anybody new. Hop left almost two weeks ago. JB went to see Tucker (good), smiled at Wright (good) and what else? JB was given a second chance at landing a top PG with all these kids becoming available and with Hop leaving, it is squarely on him to do so. Instead, it just seems like more of the same.

Are we that sure Ayala will be able to reclassify, actually come to SU AND prove to be a PG option for next year? Sure seems that way, at least.

It think it is great if they feel confident about our chances with Ayala. Terrific.

We have three openings. Why limit ourselves? Get Ayala AND a lead guard.

Then we're really in solid position, if Howard doesn't pan out next year. You'd think they'd be all over some of these decommits.

It's seriously crazy. I know there is still time, but I don't feel like we're going to get involved with anybody new. Hop left almost two weeks ago. JB went to see Tucker (good), smiled at Wright (good) and what else? JB was given a second chance at landing a top PG with all these kids becoming available and with Hop leaving, it is squarely on him to do so. Instead, it just seems like more of the same.

Are we that sure Ayala will be able to reclassify, actually come to SU AND prove to be a PG option for next year? Sure seems that way, at least.
I think the whole Quade thing made us all question our recruiting, but JB going down to talk to Tucker personally was a great sign that he is not going to go out quietly. I have faith that they are going to land the guys that they want. If that is Ayala and Tucker, I will be supportive. But, I sure would like another true point guard, especially since there are a few out there available.

Would be strange to not see us get involved here. I realize it is probable we don't but it is so strange.

I think the whole Quade thing made us all question our recruiting, but JB going down to talk to Tucker personally was a great sign that he is not going to go out quietly. I have faith that they are going to land the guys that they want. If that is Ayala and Tucker, I will be supportive. But, I sure would like another true point guard, especially since there are a few out there available.

Agree across the board.

It think it is great if they feel confident about our chances with Ayala. Terrific.

We have three openings. Why limit ourselves? Get Ayala AND a lead guard.

Then we're really in solid position, if Howard doesn't pan out next year. You'd think they'd be all over some of these decommits.

What about Ayala's situation is making them feel all warm and fuzzy? Do they have the news on his test scores? Even so, I'm not sure we are his first choice. Do they know? If so, wouldn't he have committed? I'm trying very hard not to be concerned with our staff but I'm losing more faith every day.

This is going to sound ridiculous but I would bet JB doesn't even know that this guy is available as a decommit. It sounds ridiculous, I know. But that would be my guess, sad to say. And even if he knew about it, I'd bet his response would be, "and...so...why should I care?" I'm not saying JB doesn't care about our future but he doesn't seem to be tuned into what's going on. Just my opinion, as admittedly uninformed and probably as unpopular as it may be. The dude barely uses the Internet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom