Class of 2017 - PG Tremont Waters (CT) to LSU | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Tremont Waters (CT) to LSU

Unless Hop decides to take a stand here, expect our "lead recruiter" in training to get another shot to make up for the Quade Green L. Not joking guys.
View attachment 91934
Where's the unlike button?:(
Francis, why would Hop not take the lead with such a potentially important recruit?

image.jpeg

How many games did he shoot like 3-15 for the first 35 minutes and then bury a couple big 3's down the stretch to give us the lead, and then make all the FT's in the final seconds to bring home the W? Maybe he'll be the same way as a recruiter...
Well you have much more confidence in his recruiting abilities than me. Ron "Buss" Patterson is the only guard commit that he has on his resume to sell. Tremont's dad is on some Lavar Ball type . Sending an assistant with less personality than my pinky toe is not the way to go. Hop needs to be the #1 guy on this. At this point we might as well just let Tremont's boy Moyer be the lead recruiter here.

I'm not just talking about the zone. His views on using a bench, his offensive game plan, his criticism of only "certain" players every year...

Duke is universally regarded as one of the top if not the top college basketball program. Remind me again on how K uses his bench?

Well you have much more confidence in his recruiting abilities than me. Ron "Buss" Patterson is the only guard commit that he has on his resume to sell. Tremont's dad is on some Lavar Ball type . Sending an assistant with less personality than my pinky toe is not the way to go. Hop needs to be the #1 guy on this. At this point we might as well just let Tremont's boy Moyer be the lead recruiter here.

I know you're joking but I do want and expect a lot of Moyer involvement here.

Wish I was joking, but I think the only way we get Waters is if he wants to really play with Moyer on the next level.

What I was referring to was your facetious reference to making Moyer our literal lead recruiter for Waters. It is so sad that you legitimately think he could do a better job from G-Mac. SMH.

Gerry has recruited Moyer and Sidibe. I realize they are not top 25 guys but it is interesting that they are big men and not guards. Maybe Gerry will break his cherry here. But the magic 8 ball probably says otherwise.

Wish I was joking, but I think the only way we get Waters is if he wants to really play with Moyer on the next level.

Who u see as the fav or team that his camp favors?

This is unacceptable. I will have G-mac's back on the Green recruiting. He should not have been put in the situation that he was head to head against Cal. If both JB and Hop are back in town, and they are, well, it has to be them. If, it is true that G-mac is the guy put on this, I change my mind about giving Hop the job. It would show me he doesn't want it bad enough. This is a must recruit. All hands on deck. We might not get him. I can live with that. Not going with our best, that is unforgivable.

I hear you. I do. But try to hold on, it ain't over.

Exit 32 on the Southern State -- you already know (this the album version -- video single version a little different)!

We are in a night fight for this kid instead of busting out the Winchester(Hopkins) we apparently are thinking of using a water pistol.

I mean Francis already reported Hopkins hasn't been down to NJ to see Quinerly in person yet what the heck is going on in the basketball complex.

Who u see as the fav or team that his camp favors?
Will have a better idea once he gets his release and time goes along, but I know that he really liked Duke the first around and had wished they recruited him harder. I think we'll have a shot to get a visit because of the Moyer connection, but we need to work the closer to home factor and for Hop to bring his A game and not leave it to GMac in order to close the deal. This is more on Hop than JB imo. Sending GMac as the main lead would be a complete joke.

Considering this kid is in CT I think JB should take the lead and bring Hop with him for the in-house if they get one.
If this kid has a strong family then JB as the HOF big dog and Hop can be the likable 2nd guy. Have JB stress this is his last year and this kid would be the lead PG for a team that will go down in history of his HOF career as his last team.
Appeal to playing close enough to home and in the best conference in America.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom