Class of 2017 - PG Tremont Waters (CT) to LSU | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Tremont Waters (CT) to LSU

Crazy, the more I think about it the more I'm in disbelief and just have to laugh at how badly we botched this 2017 guard recruiting class. We really defied the odds in missing on all of those NE perimeter prospects. Now we have an absolute gift fall to us by Waters becoming available and early signs are we're taking the same approach.
So, I have to ask who said that Tremont Waters has an interest in Syracuse. Everyone appears to chastising the recruiting staff about being careful not to blow this opportunity.
Crazy, the more I think about it the more I'm in disbelief and just have to laugh at how badly we botched this 2017 guard recruiting class. We really defied the odds in missing on all of those NE perimeter prospects. Now we have an absolute gift fall to us by Waters becoming available and early signs are we're taking the same approach.
Just who said that Tremont Waters is interested in Syracuse? People are chastising the recruiting staff prior to even finding out if the Waters family even has an interest in Syracuse? Can't blotch an opportunity that may not exist.

So, I have to ask who said that Tremont Waters has an interest in Syracuse. Everyone appears to chastising the recruiting staff about being careful not to blow this opportunity.

Just who said that Tremont Waters is interested in Syracuse? People are chastising the recruiting staff prior to even finding out if the Waters family even has an interest in Syracuse? Can't blotch an opportunity that may not exist.
No one said that. People are upset because 1. He is available and he is good and 2. He is a pt guard. ergo, put your best out there and take your chances. But it doesn't appear that we are doing that. And this is what people are upset about.

No one said that. People are upset because 1. He is available and he is good and 2. He is a pt guard. ergo, put your best out there and take your chances. But it doesn't appear that we are doing that. And this is what people are upset about.

I don't think we're allowed to contact him until he's received a release from GTown.

He would've gotten us Jelly Dimes too and we wouldn't be in this current mess desperate for a PG.
On the positive side, we have no idea who will play point guard for us next season. Nice that we have that going for us.

Is it possible that a couple of stud recruits were basically Orange until some unfortunate events took place? That would make me feel better about the staff lately. They got some big time prospects to visit and possibly nearly commit if not for some 'sabotage.'

Is it possible that a couple of stud recruits were basically Orange until some unfortunate events took place? That would make me feel better about the staff lately. They got some big time prospects to visit and possibly nearly commit if not for some 'sabotage.'

You mean like Jordan Tucker getting drunk to prove he could be like other Cuse legends and getting banned?(and then later signing with the defending national title belt holder instead)?

Or do you mean like Franklin Howard(I'm not sure what we are allowed to say about him, so I will be safe and not finish the sentence)...

Hopefully those 2 make you feel slightly better. They dont for me!

Kid seems like a prototypical Louisville PG with his pressure on defense and his ability to strip the ball away from offensive player. Even with him being smaller her will be a key player for the top of a zone to strip the ball handler when the try to drivw into the free throw area.

You should feel better about this situation.

If those unfortunate events are true and the person(s) involved are still around, doesn't that reflect poorly on the staff?

You should feel better about this situation.

There really weren't any big time prospects that were 100% and fell through. We should have realized sometime near the end of Green's junior season that he was hedging his bets. I actually think if we had started to push hard on some other PG's we would likely would have gotten a commitment from Green. It was our strategy that allowed him to play it out to the very end and leave us hanging. As fans its fine to disillusion ourselves and believe that these kids are locked up but the coaching staff should never do that. We can see the results.

Thank you for stating this. Autry maybe our best recruiter, and if he stays, he would be Hopkin's lead recruiter. In the short time he has been back, look at how many recruits he has brought in. The big question will be if Hopkins can afford to keep GMac unless he shows himself to be a recruiter. Personally, I would love to see what Allan Griffin could do. Dayton has become a mid-major power.

Personally, If were going to be bringing in assistants, it would be nice if we didn't limit ourselves to coaches with Syracuse ties. I know the SYRACUSE WAY is important but brining in guys who can recruit is more imprtnat IMO.

Personally, If were going to be bringing in assistants, it would be nice if we didn't limit ourselves to coaches with Syracuse ties. I know the SYRACUSE WAY is important but brining in guys who can recruit is more imprtnat IMO.

I would agree with this and think that getting an outside of program guy who is an ace recruiter such as Book Richardson would be great, however Allen Griffin is now an established assistant whose been doing it for awhile. Its not like Gmac getting an assistant job at Syracuse right off the bat, Griffin has put in his dues and I would love to see him on the coaching staff.

If Hop fails, the Syracuse way has to be thrown out the window and a staff has to be brought in that can get the program to be competitive ASAP. When he takes over, he needs to poach the top recruiters from other schools. SU is going to have to cut the check.

I think going after Tremont is a fools dream. I don't want to waist time with players who already told people he wants to go to Kansas.

Hey, maybe this plan will work some day!!

I still can't believe that the class we have right now is about the complete opposite of whatever everybody thought we'd get at this time last year. We all thought we'd get a big, talented class coming off the Final Four and with so many spots open.
Well we've only been allowed to have two coaches on the road recruiting and our HC and HCIW decided they had better things to do.

I think going after Tremont is a fools dream. I don't want to waist time with players who already told people he wants to go to Kansas.

Even with the possibility of Graham still there? Not to mention Malik Newman

Please tell us where since he has announced he wants out of Georgetown he wants to go to Kansas?

Nobody has a clue where Waters wants to go now. Indiana was his runner up when he picked Georgetown.

We should do our due diligence and go all in for this kid.

There has to be some 18 year old in Latvia who is a great PG. Go get him. The thought of Howard possibly playing 38 MPG next year (if he's back) is giving me nightmares.

Unrelated to this thread and I know we are in desperate need for a pg and we weren't involved with him to begin with but justin Smith is a heck of a player...with crean out at Indiana I wonder if he's back on market.

Also with crean out at Indiana I would think that would only help us with trying to pursue tremont seeing as tho that was a school pretty high on his list at one time

You guys think the staff will bring in 2 PG regardless? Or just take best available options

Boy going from what 17 was looking like to the possibility of having Washington with either Ayala or waters I'm all of a sudden very excited about the possibility of our team going forward...hopefully good things keep happening! 17 class could end up pretty dang good especially considering how it has went up to this point

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom