Class of 2017 - PG Tremont Waters (CT) to LSU | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Tremont Waters (CT) to LSU

If we are lucky enough to land Waters and Ayala to go with what we have already. That would mean we are full, is that correct? And if that is the case, we would have to slide Battle to the 3. I don't think that is ideal. I do want Waters and Ayala, but that foreign dude would enable us to keep Battle at the 2. It will all play out, but I don't want us to end up with a lineup that doesn't work again.

If we are lucky enough to land Waters and Ayala to go with what we have already. That would mean we are full, is that correct? And if that is the case, we would have to slide Battle to the 3. I don't think that is ideal. I do want Waters and Ayala, but that foreign dude would enable us to keep Battle at the 2. It will all play out, but I don't want us to end up with a lineup that doesn't work again.

Maybe not--I could see Ayala backing up for a year, then taking over for Battle the following year. We'd have one scholarship left over [assuming we have 1 roster attrition this offseason] to add a 5th year transfer SF.

Maybe not--I could see Ayala backing up for a year, then taking over for Battle the following year. We'd have one scholarship left over [assuming we have 1 roster attrition this offseason] to add a 5th year transfer SF.
I agree regarding Ayala. If somehow we landed Ayala and Waters and our worst problem next year was Battle at the 3 I have to laugh at people who wouldn't take that problem on.

I agree regarding Ayala. If somehow we landed Ayala and Waters and our worst problem next year was Battle at the 3 I have to laugh at people who wouldn't take that problem on.

If this is the case i think Waters starts at point, Battle starts at SG. Then Ayala comes off bench as a combo guard like a Dion Waiters type.

Who wouldn't take that problem on? It's not ideal with regard to roster balance, but it will be difficult to get that balance with the scholarship limits and quantity of big men we currently have. Battle's versatility is s blessing, but we need someone else that can play the 3. Likely a grad transfer as RF said.

We aren't going to land Ayala and Waters. We get Eric, that's that as far as guards go.

I agree with this...if we are lucky enough to get one of them that's all it will be...both aren't coming here

We aren't going to land Ayala and Waters. We get Eric, that's that as far as guards go.
Don't see why this would be the case. Waters is a 100% pure pg. Ayala is a combo guard who would probably play more being Battle or even take over for him if Battle leaves. I definitely want both.

Don't see why this would be the case. Waters is a 100% pure pg. Ayala is a combo guard who would probably play more being Battle or even take over for him if Battle leaves. I definitely want both.

I would love to get both but I don't think we will...at least for 17...maybe if ayala comes in 18 we could land both. Although who knows with how this recruiting cycle has gone it wouldn't shock me if we did get both or we didn't get either

I would love to get both but I don't think we will...at least for 17...maybe if ayala comes in 18 we could land both. Although who knows with how this recruiting cycle has gone it wouldn't shock me if we did get both or we didn't get either
To me I think of it more as wether Frank Howard stays or not and if the staff would like to add a grad sf. If Howard stays getting both would mean 5 guards and 3 Cs when we can only have 11 total. But there seem to be a lot of rumblings about Howard leaving which opens up his combo role for Ayala.

To me I think of it more as wether Frank Howard stays or not and if the staff would like to add a grad sf. If Howard stays getting both would mean 5 guards and 3 Cs when we can only have 11 total. But there seem to be a lot of rumblings about Howard leaving which opens up his combo role for Ayala.

Don't we get 12 for 17 and then back to 13 for 18?

Thanks. I don't understand why when we don't use our allotted number of ships that they can't be used against the reduction?
Because the number of years was part of the penalty.

It does seem unlikely we'd get both, but I think that's more because Waters seems like a long shot.

I would not be surprised if we still add up to 3 guards to the roster (with the assumption FH is not back). We still need a PG that can play big minutes next year. Ayala would be a perfect combo guard to add, but that may come late. A 3rd addition may be there just because of timing, though I would expect 2 is the goal...a PG to play/start immediately and a shooter/combo guard.

If there's a numbers crunch, I would hope that a scoring SF, via the grad market, is a priority over a 3rd guard. We desperately need wing scoring for next season, especially a guy that can shoot from 3. Egor Koulechov would be a fantastic addition if that possibility is out there (great 3 pt shooter, great FT shooter, rebounds very well, only issue is he may be a bit short for a 3 in our system).

What Clearinghouse issues was Nunes referring to a few days ago with regards to Duarte?

What makes everyone so sure he will be released from his LOI? They haven't changed coaches... yet at least. They could decide to not let him... particularly if he might ditch them for us.

Tucker would have been great in a cuse uniform. I love his game...too bad that got all screwed up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom