Class of 2017 - PG Tremont Waters (CT) to LSU | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Tremont Waters (CT) to LSU

Really odd statement. Couldn't disagree more but will leave it at that. We're looking for a PG so that we don't end up in the NIT next year & beyond.
If Waters is one and done good enough it means we are likely in the NCAA tournament next year.

I would trade atleast 2 years of Waters for this team playing in the dance. This year's team could have punched their ticket into the dance and lost to Miami.

So which would be better? Having a PG next year? Or having a player leave GT for us? Hmm...

GTown still sucks!!!!
I'll take the pt guard for next year for 200 Alex. The G-town part is just the icing on the cake.

Do we know why Waters wants out of GTown commit? I mean aside from it's GTown? He did sign with them in the first place, afterall.

15 years ago, Carmelo and McNamara came in off the heels of an NIT season.
They did but isn't it really a two year cycle. Most of these kids are already signed by the time that season ends. So technically, wouldn't those guys have signed off the heels of the 2000-2001 season. Either way, our most recent FF hasn't seen any type of bump yet.

15 years ago, Carmelo and McNamara came in off the heels of an NIT season.
but they both signed in the Fall period, no? so, they didn't know they were signing up to join the remnants of an NIT squad; the last Orangemen team they saw won 25 games and went to the NCAAs. Players signing late have more information about what kind of situation they would be walking into.

They did but isn't it really a two year cycle. Most of these kids are already signed by the time that season ends. So technically, wouldn't those guys have signed off the heels of the 2000-2001 season. Either way, our most recent FF hasn't seen any type of bump yet.

True. Thinking about it, I think Carmelo did commit in 2001 as a junior. Then his stock really went through the roof as a senior.

the last player to decommit from Georgetown and join SU was DaShonte Riley.

Past results are not a guarantee of future prospects . . .
Haha, you had to go rain on my parade! Such a party pooper!

It seems many of you are discounting KU here - I'd have to think they'll go after him hard, too with F.Mason leaving

I'm not the biggest Waters guy - but man if we go into next year with our PGs as Waters and Howard Washington --- all of sudden everything is trending up. We'd have a nice core of YOUNG guys who will be with the program for several years (hopefully) who are all freshman in Moyer, Waters, Washington, Brissett and Sidbie. We'd have 2 super sophs who could be legit scorers at this level in TT and Tyus. Lydon would be the icing on the cake. But could you imagine if MM./Waters/Washington/Brissett/Sidibie are all here together for 4 years? Seems like forever since we had a class stay together for that long. Would be awesome.

I'd really like to know why we didn't get involved in the first place especially since he was teammates with Moyer and is in the NE.

It's probably like if you see two chicks in a bar, some people go after the ugly one because they know it's a sure thing and don't even go after the good one.

I go after both personally.

Our recruiting strategy is so weird that I'm not sure if we even have one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom