Pitt Gameday Thread | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt Gameday Thread

I just have a bad feeling. And I’m never wrong. Lol

Ugh. Hoping this break helps us get our crap together.

You are but I am going to keep the faith.

Oh I still believe in this program, Babers and Dungey. This team still should get to bowl eligibility even with a loss. That said this game is likely an L the writing is on the wall

Did that just say NC State has 27 first downs and BC has 4? And the score is now 28-3? Wow, that’s as one sided as it gets.

Wish we got BC at home.

ED is having a bad game, yes, but the play calling isnt exactly setting up this O for success. Where are the winning plays on O? Schematically solid plays ? And yes, ED did fumble and no questions about it.

That's what happens when your qb runs too much and tries to take down the Roman Empire with EVERY run.
Im watching Texas and Sam Ehlinger runs like Dungey. It’s just different because Ehlinger doesn’t get hurt every other play.

Oh I still believe in this program, Babers and Dungey. This team still should get to bowl eligibility even with a loss. That said this game is likely an L the writing is on the wall
The way things are going...I wish I could disagree with you.

Im watching Texas and Sam Ehlinger runs like Dungey. It’s just different because Ehlinger doesn’t get hurt every other play.

Texas shelling Oklahoma right now. Didn’t see that coming.

Who said coming to Pitt was a good idea?

Attachments

• F3087D7C-A9A7-4687-A426-20B14E194D0D.jpeg
    F3087D7C-A9A7-4687-A426-20B14E194D0D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
It’s a 10 pt game with a full half left. Two busts, two bomb fgs, and a bs fumble return. SU needs to win this half 14-3 17-6. 21-10 to win in regulation. VERY doable

Not sure why a good part of this board has a problem with the fumble return. It was def a fumble ...no doubt. Cuse didnt even argue it... players on the field or coaches.

Im as diehard as they come but I've seen this movie way to many times. Hard to keep defending this program when we consistently lay an egg when were ready to break out

But the games not over yet?!?!?! How can we lay an egg when the chicken is still incubating that said egg?

Not sure why a good part of this board has a problem with the fumble return. It was def a fumble ...no doubt. Cuse didnt even argue it... players on the field or coaches.

The issue isn't whether there was a fumble but whether forward progress should have been called. The fumble occurred after forward progress had been stopped and a whistle should have blown and the fumble would not have counted. Not sure whether that part of a call is reviewable.

I agree. It was clearly a fumble. Now, if you want to make the argument that the refs took too long to blow the play dead, that's a different story as one can make the argument that forward progress had stopped and refs should've blown the whistle before that late strip.

We should have taken UConn with us to ACC. Pitt is a bad juju for us.

Simply from the a fan watching the games perspective I agree.

I despise watching Pitt basketball games even when we win. It’s just terrible basketball, always.

The UConn b-ball games consistently produced our best and most memorable games.

And football wise Pitt has had our number forever, where UConn only beat us when Gerg was around.

The issue isn't whether there was a fumble but whether forward progress should have been called. The fumble occurred after forward progress had been stopped and a whistle should have blown and the fumble would not have counted. Not sure whether that part of a call is reviewable.
It’s not. Unfortunately. That’s a ref’s discretion call.

Im as diehard as they come but I've seen this movie way to many times. Hard to keep defending this program when we consistently lay an egg when were ready to break out
Jeremy, you're a fine poster but...you are, without question, the personification of Chicken Little. Always have been and it looks like nothing has changed.

I agree. It was clearly a fumble. Now, if you want to make the argument that the refs took too long to blow the play dead, that's a different story as one can make the argument that forward progress had stopped and refs should've blown the whistle before that late strip.
That is the argument being made.

The play is always whistled dead when momentum is stopped and 5 guys have him wrapped up.

True, but ED wont quit and will keep fighting and subjectively the refs know that. He was stopped for a nano second but kept rolling off bodies to his left looking for more yardage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom