Post game press conference Clemson | Syracusefan.com

Post game press conference Clemson

lol @ the southerner asking about switching out of the zone.

I'm cool with everything he said... i promise you i am with the exception of the pot shot at Ron. There is just no reason for it.

If you need an effort guy, Ron is it. Let him be that guy and embrace it. Don't point out the negatives to embarrass him.

I'm cool with everything he said... i promise you i am with the exception of the pot shot at Ron. There is just no reason for it.

If you need an effort guy, Ron is it. Let him be that guy and embrace it. Don't point out the negatives to embarrass him.

He was dead-on about Patterson. We are not getting any scoring from Ron. He can't hit a shot. That's accurate. He wasn't trying to embarrass the kid.

He was dead-on about Patterson. We are not getting any scoring from Ron. He can't hit a shot. That's accurate. He wasn't trying to embarrass the kid.

I understand that.
A. there was no question regarding Ron or Kaleb.
B. some things are so obvious, they don't need to be talked about
a+b= c. Hardly relation to question + obvious fact to everyone = doesn't need to be talk about to embarrass.

Cooney was in a slump earlier this season too, I was his 2nd biggest supporter... only behind Boeheim.

I understand that.
A. there was no question regarding Ron or Kaleb.
B. some things are so obvious, they don't need to be talked about
a+b= c. Hardly relation to question + obvious fact to everyone = doesn't need to be talk about to embarrass.

Cooney was in a slump earlier this season too, I was his 2nd biggest supporter... only behind Boeheim.

Why is Patterson not shooting well or scoring off limits? That's absurd. Should Jimmy not talk us shooting poorly either? That's pretty obvious as well. He didn't take a pot shot at Patterson. He simply listed the problems.

Why is Patterson not shooting well or scoring off limits? That's absurd. Should Jimmy not talk us shooting poorly either? That's pretty obvious as well. He didn't take a pot shot at Patterson. He simply listed the problems.

"ron is struggling shooting right now, so we need Kaleb to get going a bit offensively"

"we are getting zero from ron, the guy can't buy a bucket to save his life"

does 1 work better for you?

Keep in mind, we aren't talking about Ron (or even Kaleb). We are talking about Trevor and Mike.

"ron is struggling shooting right now, so we need Kaleb to get going a bit offensively"

"we are getting zero from ron, the guy can't buy a bucket to save his life"

does 1 work better for you?

Keep in mind, we aren't talking about Ron (or even Kaleb). We are talking about Trevor and Mike.

"We're getting no scoring from Ron at all. He can't make a shot"

Works perfect. He's 100% right. Nothing mean spirited about it. I don't need him to sugar coat it. Do you?

"We're getting no scoring from Ron at all. He can't make a shot"

Works perfect. He's 100% right. Nothing mean spirited about it. I don't need him to sugar coat it. Do you?

I have a receding hairline.

When talking about the shoes I'm wearing, I'd rather you not point out in front of a bunch of people my receding hairline.

Doesn't mean its not a fact.

It was just out of nowhere. Let the kid learn and grow.

Game AFTER game this sh@T continues. You certainly don't have to like our HOF coach, but bitching about the same thing over and over gets old. He is what he is. I wish he would do different things too, but I also acknowledge that I'm also not the one who soon close in on 1,000 wins (like only one other coach in history will have done). Be very careful, VERY careful, what you wish different because even with the things many don't like, he is an UNBELIEVABLE coach for good reason. This is all coming from a person who is not a blind Boeheim supporter, but one who is a realist and supportive of what he has done. Yes, this is a forum which allows people to disagree (I get that), but the same thing over and over gets old 'cause it ain't going to change.

I have a receding hairline.

When talking about the shoes I'm wearing, I'd rather you not point out in front of a bunch of people my receding hairline.

Doesn't mean its not a fact.

It was just out of nowhere. Let the kid learn and grow.

Why? Why should he avoid talking about it? It's true. It's relevant. It's obviously a big part of the problem. No reason not to talk about it. It wasn't mean. Ron is a big boy.

I read the posts first and assumed JB had been snarky regarding Ron. The only time he really seemed annoyed was the question regarding the zone. I didn't think he was being negative about Ron - he was just stating facts regarding our putrid offense. He said Cooney missed some open shots at the beginning he should make but that they really covered him well and never left him. He said Cooney and Mike have to score for us to win and they didn't - all seems pretty honest to me. No one seems upset at that.

I just think at this point he has no answers until we get consistency from other players than Rak. He also said that KJ did some crazy things in the 1st half (travel, some wild drives etc) but improved in the 2nd half making some nice shots and needs to continue doing it. JB is doing a post game conference to analyze the game - isn't that all he did? People read stats, boxscores I think saying a guy can't score is easily verified. Mike has played 2.5 times more the minutes that Ron has, yet Buss has taken 41- 3 pointers(.171) to Mike G's 53 (.415). He's taking a 3 pointer every 5 minutes he plays which is more often than Cooney too, yet missing them sure doesn't seem to shake his confidence in taking them. I doubt he's saying anything that he doesn't say to a player in person.

Tiger fans are all hot n bothered with his answer to the zone question...I thought it quite tame for JB.

Tiger fans are all hot n bothered with his answer to the zone question...I thought it quite tame for JB.

you want the snark clemson? you can't handle the the snark!

260825829001_2163623074001_uconnpost.jpg

I read the posts first and assumed JB had been snarky regarding Ron. The only time he really seemed annoyed was the question regarding the zone. I didn't think he was being negative about Ron - he was just stating facts regarding our putrid offense. He said Cooney missed some open shots at the beginning he should make but that they really covered him well and never left him. He said Cooney and Mike have to score for us to win and they didn't - all seems pretty honest to me. No one seems upset at that.

I just think at this point he has no answers until we get consistency from other players than Rak. He also said that KJ did some crazy things in the 1st half (travel, some wild drives etc) but improved in the 2nd half making some nice shots and needs to continue doing it. JB is doing a post game conference to analyze the game - isn't that all he did? People read stats, boxscores I think saying a guy can't score is easily verified. Mike has played 2.5 times more the minutes that Ron has, yet Buss has taken 41- 3 pointers(.171) to Mike G's 53 (.415). He's taking a 3 pointer every 5 minutes he plays which is more often than Cooney too, yet missing them sure doesn't seem to shake his confidence in taking them. I doubt he's saying anything that he doesn't say to a player in person.

as a coach, you should absolutely not say everything publicly that you say to someone in person.

That is literally the dumbest thing that i keep hearing from people on this board... something to the effect of "I doubt he's saying anything that he doesn't say to a player in person"

You want a manager or a coach or a mentor like that? I don't think so! STOP SAYING THAT PEOPLE!

Does anyone know or care anything about sports psychology at all?

I don't even know much about it... but I know how you should treat people! And I know how negativity can effect certain people!

This isn't that difficult.

I am stunned at Ron's inability to make any jump shots...I mean for a guy playing D-1 basketball you would think he could make something happen offensively once in a while.

And I get tired of hearing how nice a stroke BJ has. What good does a pretty stroke do when the shots almost never go in?

Does anyone know or care anything about sports psychology at all?

I don't even know much about it... but I know how you should treat people! And I know how negativity can effect certain people!

This isn't that difficult.

I know nothing about sports psych but I would venture a guess that athletes that reach this level of play are very unlikely to be affected by what people say about them. I mean seriously...think about it...if these kids can't handle criticism how in the world would they lace them up in an opposing arena with 10-20k fans screaming everything imaginable at them?

I would prefer that most of the feedback be positive from the coach but there comes a point when you have to tell it how it is. If a player can't handle it then they likely don't have the chops to play here or any other major program where the fan base will rip them a new one for playing poorly.

Honestly I don't see Ron finishing his career here...I see him ending up somewhere like Iona or Manhatten.

I know nothing about sports psych but I would venture a guess that athletes that reach this level of play are very unlikely to be affected by what people say about them.

The little I know says you are wrong with this comment.

Maybe some elite players can zone out public criticism from their head coaches (or maybe the elite players don't get the petty criticism)... but the everyday player is not going to be 100% immune to it.

All this stuff about players being hurt by what JB says in a press conference. They've just been in the locker room with him. What do you think he said there? I doubt any of them listen to anything said in the press conference.

It's like your dentist giving a press conference after he's drilled your teeth. And your wife asks if something he said hurt.

JB was saying the same sorts of things about Xmas the past three years.

You may not like it, but JB doesn't care. He does it. He has and he will till he retires. Sometimes it does bring out the best in the players, sometimes it doesn't. Not all kids can handle it.

Up till this year, I didn't think Xmas could handle it. I turned out being wrong. And now he is one of the best Centers in college basketball.

But then, what's worse, downing a player in public? Or saying you think they will leave the team, that they provide no value to the team? Seems to me, that some of you complaining about what JB says ought not live in glass houses.

All this stuff about players being hurt by what JB says in a press conference. They've just been in the locker room with him. What do you think he said there? I doubt any of them listen to anything said in the press conference.

It's like your dentist giving a press conference after he's drilled your teeth. And your wife asks if something he said hurt.

Maybe Rakeem Christmas grows up as a sophomore or junior.

Maybe Fab Melo is more mature

Maybe Devo and Paul Harris do more

Maybe the Wright (non) Brothers do something with their career

Maybe Edelin doesn't go crazy

Maybe trob and watkins act like the NBA players their size allowed them to be

Maybe Deshaun doesn't hook up with other players g/fs

Or Maybe there is a better way to deal with players.

I love Boeheim and I love what he has done for Syracuse. I want to do 1/100th of what he has done for Syracuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom