Postgame Thoughts… FSU | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… FSU

A win is a win. Can we just enjoy it without the caveats and baggage attached?
well i am a curmudgeon. yes. youre right.

but if you listen to JB he says the same - that the team still needs to get a lot better. and its true

This is what JB does. Right when you think we’re done, he comes back with two great wins. He’s been doing it for years. I thought it was funny as hell during last time out, he told Smir to shut up about three times. Smir must have had an excuse for something.
Loved when Joe took over JBs chalk board.

Huge moment I don't want to forget about. Torrence had a HUGE rebound late. I want to say FSU bricked a three but they had 2 guys near the rim, and we only had Torrence. Somehow, he snagged it. Huge play.
St played well and Frank was solid as well.

When truly engage,JAB, is a master craftsman! This year without the athletes that many top teams have we will pull off wins like Indians and FSU and struggle in other games; especially when we have limited physical recovery time in between games.

So far this year FSU shoots 37% from 3 as a team???

unbelievable!

still...going 4-30 from 3 and having a chance to tie with last shot shouldnt be happening

this game shoulda been a blowout orange win with FSU shooting like that...
You can play the woulda, coulda, shoulda after almost any game

When you play the game of H-O-R-S-E the object is to hit more of the wide open/unguarded shots than your opponent. We did that yesterday, especially in the 2nd half, whereas FSU did not. ;)

Yeah, i never understand the mentality that works to diminish a win because of some factor coming from the other team. Who cares if FSU missed a ton of shots, or we didn’t do blah blah blah correctly, or “they usually” play better at home etc. How about credit for gutting out a crucial win at a hard place to do so, and keep it moving. The kids deserve it. Enjoy, and on to the next!

I loved that wink Swider gave the bench before he sank those two free throws.

I like this kid.

Meanstreak is indeed streaky and when he has off games, I think the team will struggle... But love the intensity.

Dude is a gamer.

I like this kid.

Meanstreak is indeed streaky and when he has off games, I think the team will struggle... But love the intensity.

Dude is a gamer.
Nickname alert: “Meanstreak Swider”!

I missed that.
Watch the replay . Its one of the last TOs Jim is drawing up a play and Joe doesnt grab the board but he either draws with his finger or is pointing out things on jims board.

well considering all of the factors involved...and the pattern of late game leads shrinking perilously...I don't think it is something to disregard. There's something there about the late game approach that is off, imo.

Great win yes...but way too close to a very bad loss unnecessarily so.

Yeah, i never understand the mentality that works to diminish a win because of some factor coming from the other team. Who cares if FSU missed a ton of shots, or we didn’t do blah blah blah correctly, or “they usually” play better at home etc. How about credit for gutting out a crucial win at a hard place to do so, and keep it moving. The kids deserve it. Enjoy, and on to the next!
Reality is holistic. Fantasy is selective.

I like this kid.

Dude is a gamer.
I'm still figuring this kid out... My daughter watched two games and immediately named him "gunner-dude"! Sometimes he's a black hole and you just know he's not passing it, good or bad shot. Flip side, he seems to play hard and when you count him out he bangs a few down or does some really good things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom