Postgame Thoughts… Miami | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Miami

Mintz hold your head up. Needed a bit more Pg and less scoring today. toughness.
Joe and Edwards were sensational!! Benny nice bounce back! Good hustle everyone!
Cgz to Miami They are total class as always, that wasn't easy for them.

He got about the same number of rebounds as the other 3 guys combined. Taylor was OK tonight. Maliq never got it going. Bell missed a lot of open shots, and then kind of disappeared. Who else ya gonna call? Ghostbusters?
I don’t disagree. We stopped rebounding in the second half. I thought it was weird Maliq didn’t get more run.

24-13 on the glass the second half in favor of Miami.

You guys wear me out!.. If JB doesn’t let Mintz grow and learn and he transfers you all have a fit … This was not a coaching issue. Young player that’s been our guy and played well had a tough few minutes. Some of You have zero understanding of the bigger picture. We lost to a top team on the road in a close game . Players are getting better!

I thought JB was patient with Judah. He could have screamed at him a few times late in the game. I think he was trying to keep it constructive about his decision making.

He was fine offensively, but we need more rebounding and he got burned on a corner 3 late with a half ass close out.
He wasn’t ready defensively on that corner play. He was standing straight up in no man’s land. He wasn’t anticipating at all where the ball was going. Lazy effort and lack of awareness, which is Benny’s problem.

So far, this one, vs Pitt, and Bryant are just soul crushing.

Have those three in the W column and this season has a totally different outlook right now
Guess what player is responsible ?

A game Syracuse should have won. But good teams cover. Benny bounced back well, Joe scores 21 while only having one 3-pointer, and Edwards had a career night.

Two reasons Syracuse lost the game

1. Judah is frustrated. Teams have figured out that he has 0 outside shot, so they just sit back and wait for him to drive. He thinks he can do it all, but he can't. Hopefully, this game was a wake-up call

2. The defensive rebounding in the last 5 minutes was horrid. Syracuse has to come down with some of those. Miami had a lot of second-chance points in the final minutes.

Tough blow, but the season is not over. Onto GT

I know it had nothing to do with the outcome, but how do you let their guy who looks like he benchpressed and then ate the entire weight room hammer Joe to the floor at the buzzer on an absolutely meaningless drive, and not at least run up on him and do the “h-h-hu-hu-hoooooooolllld me back!” routine?

At least have some balls and pretend like you want to fight. You can’t let them do that to you or do that to your teammate.

I know it had nothing to do with the outcome, but how do you let their guy who looks like he benchpressed and then ate the entire weight room hammer Joe to the floor at the buzzer on an absolutely meaningless drive, and not at least run up on him and do the “h-h-hu-hu-hoooooooolllld me back!” routine?

At least have some balls and pretend like you want to fight. You can’t let them do that to you or do that to your teammate.
You see the size of that guy? Even JBA wanted nothing to do with that.

Completely blew them. Mintz was totally awful! Selfish player. Did not represent the University well tonight with his selfishness.
And your totally dressing down a freshman player represents the university worse!

Look if you are a real Syracuse fan you feel gutted.
-knowing this board the way do I am sure this will be the night to kill Judah just like this board killed Benny the other night. And no question about it, he was absolutely awful. He did play a selfish brand of basketball and the last decision to take on two guys was inexplicable. But he is a freshman learning a new position. If he didn’t have an inordinate amount of self-confidence he wouldn’t be where he is. This was the lowlight of his season. He is incredibly talented and up until tonight really had shown signs of understanding how to become a point guard. We don’t win against Notre Dame if he does not facilitate the way he did. But this stings all you can do is hope he learns from it.
-The other reason we lost was in the last five minutes we decided it would be OK to give up 8 foot uncontested jumpers and stop rebounding. Taylor was outstanding for the majority of the game but it was pretty evident we needed another rebounder in there and I don’t know why JB did not go to Brown.
-on the bright side Jesse finally played like we all know he can.
-and even brighter Benny showed us a ton tonight. This board was driving him to the portal on Saturday night and nobody would have been surprised if he hadn’t started. But he came up big and the amount of effort he put into this game will not be fully evident in the box score. He needs to bring this intensity to every game. But to come back and play tonight after the debacle on Saturday shows a lot.
-Taylor was absolutely outstanding and his contributions will not be fully evident in the box score either. But what does show up in the box was that incredibly clutch three pointer he nailed with the shot clock running down. When he is starting at the two next year the sky will be the limit. JB just asked him to do too much on the boards tonight.
-absolutely there are no moral victories. But we went on the road against a good team and played very well. Arguably this might’ve been our best game of the year. Miami is good and they played well. We can build on this.

Look if you are a real Syracuse fan you feel gutted.
-knowing this board the way do I am sure this will be the night to kill Judah just like this board killed Benny the other night. And no question about it, he was absolutely awful. He did play a selfish brand of basketball and the last decision to take on two guys was inexplicable. But he is a freshman learning a new position. If he didn’t have an inordinate amount of self-confidence he wouldn’t be where he is. This was the lowlight of his season. He is incredibly talented and up until tonight really had shown signs of understanding how to become a point guard. We don’t win against Notre Dame if he does not facilitate the way he did. But this stings all you can do is hope he learns from it.
-The other reason we lost was in the last five minutes we decided it would be OK to give up 8 foot uncontested jumpers and stop rebounding. Taylor was outstanding for the majority of the game but it was pretty evident we needed another rebounder in there and I don’t know why JB did not go to Brown.
-on the bright side Jesse finally played like we all know he can.
-and even brighter Benny showed us a ton tonight. This board was driving him to the portal on Saturday night and nobody would have been surprised if he hadn’t started. But he came up big and the amount of effort he put into this game will not be fully evident in the box score. He needs to bring this intensity to every game. But to come back and play tonight after the debacle on Saturday shows a lot.
-Taylor was absolutely outstanding and his contributions will not be fully evident in the box score either. But what does show up in the box was that incredibly clutch three pointer he nailed with the shot clock running down. When he is starting at the two next year the sky will be the limit. JB just asked him to do too much on the boards tonight.
-absolutely there are no moral victories. But we went on the road against a good team and played very well. Arguably this might’ve been our best game of the year. Miami is good and they played well. We can build on this.
All that sounds good if this team comes back next year...i can swallow this loss much easier.

Unfortunately i don’t think its realistic in 2023 college basketball

I had typed something about that for the game thread before it got closed. That guy tomahawk chopped Joe. They don't even review it?

Ah my bad. I totally thought we took that timeout after Miami’s made FTs. Def changes my opinion and puts WAY more of the blame on Judah
I was actually surprised JB took his last timeout at 1:37 or something like that. Seemed like we could have waited another possession.

This was my take on it as well.

I was somewhat shocked by that. Bell sorta approached and stepped back and then we thanked them graciously for beating us and clocking Joe on a meaningless lay-up. Proud group.

Our coach has to see what his freshman pg has given him in past games and adjust. His track record is, you have to have him fresh at the end or he'll make bad decisions. He's a slight frosh who does his work in the paint, you gotta preserve him right now.
The refs were horrible. That might be my 3rd post complaining about that in a decade?

I put a heavy piece of this loss on the refs for sure. They owe us about 10 more FTs and gave the Canes 4 more than they deserved.

Our lead should have been closer to 16 or even 20 had they called it right. Plus their big who hurt us inside should have been benched with foul trouble most of the game.

Judah drove 10-15 drives and didnt get a single call, last game he got 10.. the lack of calls in physical game created a ton of FTS for Miami and far less for SU..
Maybe he should read the room and realize there are no calls to be had with his drives to nowhere and adjusted ?

I had typed something about that for the game thread before it got closed. That guy tomahawk chopped Joe. They don't even review it?

I rewound it - he was fouled with time of the clock. Not that that matters, but how do we just go full chump. I'm surprised we didn't join the Miami post-game celebration.

Another incredibly frustrating loss to Miami in a game we led most of the way and another failure to get a high tier win.:mad::confused::(

The biggest reason this game turned around was rebounding. At the half we had 9 offensive and 14 defensive rounds. Miami had 2 and 14. Inthe second half we had 6 and 6 Miami had 14 and 10. We were the taller team.

The other big factor was Judah Mintz. I had wondered his great handle and funky moves might be the answer to Miami’s pressure. Instead was awful, going 1 for seven from the field with 5 turnovers. His ‘hero ball was zero ball at the end of the game.

The refs didn’t help. We attempted 46 two point shots and 17 free throws. Miami attempted 37 and 28.

Kudos toJesse Edwards for a career-high 25 point 11 rebound game and to Joe Girardfor scoring 21 points despite being 1 for 7 from three. The t should have been enough but it wasn’t.

This was my take on it as well.

I was somewhat shocked by that. Bell sorta approached and stepped back and then we thanked them graciously for beating us and clocking Joe on a meaningless lay-up. Proud group.
What good would it have done to body the guy up? Possibly get into a fight and get suspensions? Make sure he doesn’t do that to Joe again? A player on a team he’s not going to see again.

Im sorry, I don’t see how that situation turns out positively

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom