Postgame Thoughts… Miami | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Miami

We lost this game for one reason - we couldn’t rebound nor defend inside at all the last 8 - 10 minutes or so. Jesse couldn’t rebound (nor defend - guessing he was afraid to foul) but he was a non factor defensively, Benny, Brown, Bell nor Taylor - no one could grab a rebound. Mintz was the factor towards the end of the game after we already lost the lead. I would bet a million that JB didn’t tell Mintz to take over and go 1 on 5 the last minute or so of the game. He made young dumb mistakes at the end thinking he himself was the answer instead of doing his job and facilitating the real answer. He wasn’t getting calls all game less trying to get one to help decide the game at the end. So disappointing, frustrating, losing a game we sure could have, should have won that was so important.

Friggin ridiculous. DC would’ve thrown punches.

Wallace would’ve at least got in his face.

5’10 Flynn would’ve ran up on him. Devo too. Harris too. Andy too. AO too. loved those guys.

Scoop, Waiters, Warrick, McRae, Sherman, GMac…

These guys did nothing. Soft. Probably more mad they didn’t get a “touch” so they could shoot again and post it on their story.

Don't forget when Marius Janulis got up in Othella Harrington's face to give him a piece of his mind after a hard foul. Dude had zero backdown in him.

Judah's worst game of the season by far. He was out of control from the opening tip to his last foolish 1 on 3 hero drive attempt. This game exposed his lack of strength to play against just as quick and much physically stronger guards. If he had thoughts of bolting for the NBA he better get a dose of reality after this game. Unfortunately it cost us a much needed quad 1 win that was right there to be had. Honestly I don't know why JB had him in at the end of the game.

Judah was bad but what was JB doing having him in? Also, and it's far from a cuse specific issue, but college hoops officiating like other sports is getting worse every year. The lack of consistency is killing sports on top of all the other crap to go with.

We had the right guys to make the plays at the end tonight. They never even got the ball because the PG either turned it over or took a garbage shot.

We can’t dump the ball to Jesse for a bucket. We can’t ISO Joe on the wing. We can’t give the ball to any of our forwards. So by default we have to run a play with a freshman PG and he has to make a decision. And not unlike most freshman he made a couple of terrible decision. The problem like I said we don’t have an alpha to take the ball out of his hands or demand the ball.

Maybe we should just go play patty cakes and make a tik tok of it with them and pretend to be friends and hug it out then.
Or you stop pretending like that fake toughness act is somehow representative of todays sport. You want to question the play on the court and say it’s soft? Sure, but advocating for post-game incident that would do nothing but bring negative PR to the university is stupid.

Judah's worst game of the season by far. He was out of control from the opening tip to his last foolish 1 on 3 hero drive attempt. This game exposed his lack of strength to play against just as quick and much physically stronger guards. If he had thoughts of bolting for the NBA he better get a dose of reality after this game. Unfortunately it cost us a much needed quad 1 win that was right there to be had. Honestly I don't know why JB had him in at the end of the game.
I agree 100%.

Don't forget when Marius Janulis got up in Othella Harrington's face to give him a piece of his mind after a hard foul. Dude had zero backdown in him.
That whole team really - Z, Hill, Burgan, JW.

I'm listening to WAER post game, and for some reason the analyst is just butchering and going off on Jesse Edwards for costing us the game because he has no back to the basket game, that he can't finish when fouled because he is weak, and that he didn't gain enough weight this summer for the good of the team.

Did I miss something?

We lost because this team isn’t good enough to win a majority of close games. We’re young, by choice, and less talented than SU basketball used to be. We’re just like everyone else outside the top 50, and have been for a few seasons.

Don’t put words in my mouth. I said nothing of the sort about Mintz.

I’m saying your comment that “you sacrifice” must thrill the other players who don’t get the similar treatment
Cause their not Judah.. Cmon!. Life and Basketball isn’t fair. He’s done much more good than bad for this team. I get it you don’t know hoops or any sports and your trolling me.. Got it

Or you stop pretending like that fake toughness act is somehow representative of todays sport. You want to question the play on the court and say it’s soft? Sure, but advocating for post-game incident that would do nothing but bring negative PR to the university is stupid.
Was Miami “fake tough”? Because they punked us down the stretch.

We can’t dump the ball to Jesse for a bucket. We can’t ISO Joe on the wing. We can’t give the ball to any of our forwards. So by default we have to run a play with a freshman PG and he has to make a decision. And not unlike most freshman he made a couple of terrible decision. The problem like I said we don’t have an alpha to take the ball out of his hands or demand the ball.
i trusted Joe with the ball tonight in that spot.

Was Miami “fake tough”? Because they punked us down the stretch.
Did they get into the face of other players threatening to fight them after the game? No, so why are you advocating the alternative. That’s not real toughness.

We didn’t have to. We could have let Joe post his man again for a shot/dump to Edwards or ran the Pick n Roll like we did when we were taking the lead. We stopped doing that once Judah came back in.

I rewound it - he was fouled with time of the clock. Not that that matters, but how do we just go full chump. I'm surprised we didn't join the Miami post-game celebration.
If that's true, he should have got 2 free throws for the foul and 2 more for an intentional technical foul. Refs cooked that game.

I rather enjoyed it . Joe trying to get meaningless garbage free points at the buzzer with an uncontested layup . He got what was coming. Pull up and shoot a 3 or dribble it out .
Actually a 2 with a foul, missed FT and a tip, was a possibility.

You’re very upset with something that didn’t matter at all.

It didn’t matter towards winning or losing.

Big picture, we’re softer and weaker than almost all the good teams now.

And it didn’t matter if he scored….it was their guy punking us. And we took it.

Surprised no one’s mentioned this. You can’t see your senior captain thrown down like that to end the game, clean or not. Grow a pair fellas
Oh good lord we’re in bizzaro land… start a fight after a loss, genius decision making

Teams take on the personalities their coaching staffs install.
We are soft, weak and passive because of our defense and the confidence the staff installs.

It’s why I fight back against that poster who says we can’t complain when Coach Boeheim won’t adjust. It’s sad. The players played well tonight. We were entertained and lost to a better team on the road. Being upset won’t really happen until we have a new head coach and have real expectations again.

And it didn’t matter if he scored….it was their guy punking us. And we took it.
If someone ran in and threw a haymaker you’d be upset they did something stupid, like when Benny ripped his jersey last week.

It’s not a big deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom