Postgame Thoughts… Miami | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Miami

I’m told JB coaches every game to win sometimes at the expense of development.

So, which is it?
If it’s the best prospect on our team and in the recent years you sacrifice.. Lol… I love that you remember my posts .. Makes me feel special!

A game Syracuse should have won. But good teams cover. Benny bounced back well, Joe scores 21 while only having one 3-pointer, and Edwards had a career night.

Two reasons Syracuse lost the game

1. Judah is frustrated. Teams have figured out that he has 0 outside shot, so they just sit back and wait for him to drive. He thinks he can do it all, but he can't. Hopefully, this game was a wake-up call

2. The defensive rebounding in the last 5 minutes was horrid. Syracuse has to come down with some of those. Miami had a lot of second-chance points in the final minutes.

Tough blow, but the season is not over. Onto GT

Yeah, no doubt that hurt us late.

However, I heard Cory Alexander say late in the game while we were still up by a point or two and after we corralled yet another offensive rebound, that this was the second game in a row where Miami had given up 15+ offensive rebounds.

I know it had nothing to do with the outcome, but how do you let their guy who looks like he benchpressed and then ate the entire weight room hammer Joe to the floor at the buzzer on an absolutely meaningless drive, and not at least run up on him and do the “h-h-hu-hu-hoooooooolllld me back!” routine?

At least have some balls and pretend like you want to fight. You can’t let them do that to you or do that to your teammate.
As soon as that happened I told my wife that was some BS, that I'd expect the team to at least pretend to have his back and do a little chest puffing. The way they tucked tail was sorry. Real surprised Ajok didnt run out and knuckle up

If it’s the best prospect on our team and in the recent years you sacrifice.. Lol… I love that you remember my posts .. Makes me feel special!
must thrill the other players that played their head off.

We were up 10, was listening on the radio, then I decided to respond to a somewhat pressing e-mail. I wasn't focusing much on the game in the background, and the next thing I know its the last minute and we are blowing it. WTH.

This was my take on it as well.

I was somewhat shocked by that. Bell sorta approached and stepped back and then we thanked them graciously for beating us and clocking Joe on a meaningless lay-up. Proud group.
Friggin ridiculous. DC would’ve thrown punches.

Wallace would’ve at least got in his face.

5’10 Flynn would’ve ran up on him. Devo too. Harris too. Andy too. AO too. loved those guys.

Scoop, Waiters, Warrick, McRae, Sherman, GMac…

These guys did nothing. Soft. Probably more mad they didn’t get a “touch” so they could shoot again and post it on their story.

Friggin ridiculous. DC would’ve thrown punches.

Wallace would’ve at least got in his face.

5’10 Flynn would’ve ran up on him. Devo too. Harris too. Andy too. AO too. loved those guys.

Scoop, Waiters, Warrick, McRae, Sherman, GMac…

These guys did nothing. Soft. Probably more mad they didn’t get a “touch” so they could shoot again and post it on their story.
Why.

I rather enjoyed it . Joe trying to get meaningless garbage free points at the buzzer with an uncontested layup . He got what was coming. Pull up and shoot a 3 or dribble it out .
I’m not even mad at the Miami guy saying get that crap out of here, you’re not getting a meaningless hoop.

And frankly, if our guy did that…I’d LOVE it.

But our guy wouldn’t do that. I’m mad at our guys for letting Miami guy punk them. We’re soft.

Yeah, no doubt that hurt us late.

However, I heard Cory Alexander say late in the game while we were still up by a point or two and after we corralled yet another offensive rebound, that this was the second game in a row where Miami had given up 15+ offensive rebounds.
Agreed we were also able to get on the offensive boards. We had 16. But that should be expected with the height advantage we had. The big problem was that we did not use that advantage on the defensive end of the court. We let Miami also get 16 offensive rebounds.

Why.
For the same reason DC would crack his man in the chest with his shoulder on the first post up of the game, and run through the other teams layup lines every game.

must thrill the other players that played their head off.
Are you seriously telling me that you think Judah didn’t play hard or leave it all out there… He had a bad game … That is all.. The most noticeable things to me is how much it kills Mintz to bad and lose .. Go back and watch the last few minutes after his mistakes, He is torn up at himself . that is a player who cares . He will be better for it . Go Cuse!.

We seems to play better coming from behind than trying to hold onto the lead. I think it’s because we have no true alpha on offense. We have nobody we can to dump the ball too and get us a bucket. Therefore we must rely on our half court offense and well that usually isn’t very good.

I feel terrible every time SU lost a game. Today it is even worse because it is only Monday. I have to wait for five days to have a chance to feel better.

Judah's worst game of the season by far. He was out of control from the opening tip to his last foolish 1 on 3 hero drive attempt. This game exposed his lack of strength to play against just as quick and much physically stronger guards. If he had thoughts of bolting for the NBA he better get a dose of reality after this game. Unfortunately it cost us a much needed quad 1 win that was right there to be had. Honestly I don't know why JB had him in at the end of the game.

We seems to play better coming from behind than trying to hold onto the lead. I think it’s because we have no true alpha on offense. We have nobody we can to dump the ball too and get us a bucket. Therefore we must rely on our half court offense and well that usually isn’t very good.
We had the right guys to make the plays at the end tonight. They never even got the ball because the PG either turned it over or took a garbage shot.

For the same reason DC would crack his man in the chest with his shoulder on the first post up of the game, and run through the other teams layup lines every game.
Which was what? This isn’t the 80s anymore, I can’t tell you the last time a player got into a fight and was viewed more favorably. Throwing punches wouldve the dumbest thing someone could’ve done. Make sure you can play in the next game.

think about this...Joe was fantastic while going 1-8 from 3.

Usually it’s tankville if he’s shooting like that so huge kudos to him.
He had a good game overall , however that one turnover was a killer where he had several wide open teammates and instead threw it to Edwards who had two guys hanging on him

Which was what? This isn’t the 80s anymore, I can’t tell you the last time a player got into a fight and was viewed more favorably. Throwing lunches wouldve the dumbest thing someone could’ve done. Make sure you can play in the next game.

Maybe we should just go play patty cakes and make a tik tok of it with them and pretend to be friends and hug it out then.

Are you seriously telling me that you think Judah didn’t play hard or leave it all out there… He had a bad game … That is all.. The most noticeable things to me is how much it kills Mintz to bad and lose .. Go back and watch the last few minutes after his mistakes, He is torn up at himself . that is a player who cares . He will be better for it . Go Cuse!.
Don’t put words in my mouth. I said nothing of the sort about Mintz.

I’m saying your comment that “you sacrifice” must thrill the other players who don’t get the similar treatment

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom