Postgame Thoughts... Duke | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... Duke

maybe...but he has to play like a 4th guard though.
that behind the back, step back half court 3 was as embarrassing of a play as I’ve seen in Syracuse basketball in years

this is Cameron indoor, not the glens falls war memorial
I agree with that. Just saying that he’s not a starting ACC point guard, but could be a productive player for a team that rolled 9-10 deep. That’s not SU, though.

The talent difference vs Duke was obvious.
JB's system works when he has great individual talent. That's why it's not working now.

And that team lost to Miami and nearly lost to BC. Sure they have talent, but we made them look better than they are because we didn't even try to contend shots most of the first half.

I literally love Syracuse basketball probably more than every other sporting entity I root for combined. People are morons thinking I root for even a single shot to not go in. I put on a pair of god damn Syracuse shorts this morning when my alarm went off in anticipation of a game 12 hours later. Could see things going off the rails at least 2 years ago and would be condemned for bringing it up because they snuck in as team 68 of 68 and won a few games. Now it seems the majority are on board. Thank you Jim for EVERYTHING. Literally made this program what it is but 76 is too damn old to keep the fire at the level it needs to be at. Its just how human beings work.

This is exactly how I feel.
I am ready for change.
Why?
Because I know JB won’t change himself the next 2 years.
It’s just going to be same stuff if he doesn’t change.

I disagree. Joe can compete at this level. He has. He’s just horribly miscast because our recruiting has declined dramatically.

If he was getting 10-12 minutes as a 4th guard he’d be fine.
Against decent man defenders putting the ball in his hands as primary ball handler is just horrendous coaching. I agree, he can compete at this level. He’s a two guard who can score in bunches and make some plays, we’ve seen it. Again... what most have been saying all year. Again... just a sophomore who, if things went “correctly”, would be behind Carey and Goodine at this point (this is what we would have thought when he was recruited).

for sure...as has been obvious for most all year. But again, that’s not why we got boat raced
No. It isn't. We need better players. Stronger players. And a different scheme. We need a guy that we can throw the ball down deep and have him score. And make it so that this guy doesn't have to cover the corner.

Concerned about the whole roster

Girard doesn't even look like a D1 backup guard rn
No P5 center on the roster
Woody hasn't played in forever and is rumored to be transferring
Q and Griff struggling

Benny will help but lots of roster changes needed for next year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics