Potential 2025 Roster | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Potential 2025 Roster

Question to all: Do you think Alexa Spallina decommitting to SU WLAX (for Clemson) fortends anything as to future of her brothers Joey, Jake & Brett staying at SU? See the posts by many of us who post on here now in the Women's Lacrosse 2025 Recruiting Thread in the Olympic & Women's Sports Forum.

Question to all: Do you think Alexa Spallina decommitting to SU WLAX (for Clemson) fortends anything as to future of her brothers Joey, Jake & Brett staying at SU? See the posts by many of us who post on here now in the Women's Lacrosse 2025 Recruiting Thread in the Olympic & Women's Sports Forum.

I never listened to my sister.

Still don't.

She's a silly person.

I never listened to my sister.

Still don't.

She's a silly person.
But it may be more reflective of Dad Joe and maybe the whole family's attitude toward SU.

[I understand moving all of the posts to the Women's Forum (and when I saw the news last night on IL I started to go there first) but I suspect many posted about it on this Forum because of concern about Joey and his brothers. I posted earlier so that readers who don't normally read the Women's Forum would know there are posts on there they may be interested in reading.]

But it may be more reflective of Dad Joe and maybe the whole family's attitude toward SU.

[I understand moving all of the posts to the Women's Forum (and when I saw the news last night on IL I started to go there first) but I suspect many posted about it on this Forum because of concern about Joey and his brothers. I posted earlier so that readers who don't normally read the Women's Forum would know there are posts on there they may be interested in reading.]

Dude…no. Some people here live for bad news. We are 1000% fine. They had their chance to enter the portal and they didn’t. Can we stop with this now?

Could care less if they did leave and I think Joey is the best player on the team but the program can’t be held hostage by a father with a bruised ego. Hope he stays but if not the sun will come up tomorrow.

Could care less if they did leave and I think Joey is the best player on the team but the program can’t be held hostage by a father with a bruised ego. Hope he stays but if not the sun will come up tomorrow.
the tension between joey and the program which led to transfer rumors had nothing to do with his dad

the tension between joey and the program which led to transfer rumors had nothing to do with his dad

Absolutely. Believe there's two different situations going on here. The good news is appears the Joey and SU concerns have been resolved which is great news because I think both would have regretted it had he left. Look forward to seeing him excel next spring.

There very well be more then his father but if you know the Spallina’s at all family is number 1 nothing and I mean nothing comes between them.So whoever is unhappy for whatever reason they all are unhappy for that reason. Again I think extremely highly of Joey but in the end I think more of SU lacrosse and if the BS games of threatening to leave continue then they all should

BTW, the original x post by #1 Redwoods fan at 12:39pm today was:

"So is Joey Spallina transferring fromSyracuse or what?!?!?!?????
@JoeSpallina @SpallinaJoey @CuseMLAX @jordiebarstool"

Joe's reply was at 12:45pm

Some discussion about Joey and Alexis. Specifically mentions the negative feedback Joey gets after a bad game (no surprise as we know its become an issue even though 90% plus is not generated from SU fans).

I mean criticism comes with the territory. He wanted number 22, he wanted and got an NIL deal, then there’s the whole team 91 holier than though schtick and your dad is a giant ahole. I’ve never met the guy, but have heard from people who know him. He makes Devito’s father look tame. Yes if you have a bad game, you’ll probably get some critics. Good lord get a thicker skin. He brought it on himself.

I mean criticism comes with the territory. He wanted number 22, he wanted and got an NIL deal, then there’s the whole team 91 holier than though schtick and your dad is a giant ahole. I’ve never met the guy, but have heard from people who know him. He makes Devito’s father look tame. Yes if you have a bad game, you’ll probably get some critics. Good lord get a thicker skin. He brought it on himself.
Spallina is not his dad. He has shown no signs of having anything but thick skin. He knows criticism comes with the territory. This is just his dad talking. It is not Joey. And again, 22 has nothing to do with it. It is the hype he had as a recruit that leads to all these random haters getting shots in whenever he has an off game.

I would suggest listening to the interview. I don’t think anything the dad says is outlandish. He is a dad first and foremost and it’s his nature to want to defend his kids. It’s clear the criticism bothers him, but I think it would bother every other parent as well. He has a platform to be his kids cheerleader and he’s using it. I think the extent of what he said was: “if you have a good game, your the best player ever, if it’s a bad one, your the worst”.

He did say the chemistry in the locker room is very good, so that was nice to hear.

In a somewhat related note, it did strike me as ironic that when the rumors of Joey perhaps transferring came out, all the criticism turned towards the Syracuse coaches. He was a good player, he just wasn’t being used correctly. If he came to “our” school, “we” could fix him.

Just goes to show how many of his critics are actual bad faith actors, and if you are an athlete, you shouldn’t pay attention to much that is said about you from people on social media, et al.

Spallina is not his dad. He has shown no signs of having anything but thick skin. He knows criticism comes with the territory. This is just his dad talking. It is not Joey. And again, 22 has nothing to do with it. It is the hype he had as a recruit that leads to all these random haters getting shots in whenever he has an off game.

They were part of the hype machine. It’s what they wanted. It’s what everyone who plays in that environment wants. I thought they were all for one and one for all anyways, no?

O’Neill down at Duke had just as much criticism and probably even more so but I never read any whining.

From my outside view, he seems pretty grounded. I don’t see much if any showboating from him. Seems like a hard worker, etc. etc. parents unfortunate can ruin everything.

They were part of the hype machine. It’s what they wanted. It’s what everyone who plays in that environment wants. I thought they were all for one and one for all anyways, no?

O’Neill down at Duke had just as much criticism and probably even more so but I never read any whining.

From my outside view, he seems pretty grounded. I don’t see much if any showboating from him. Seems like a hard worker, etc. etc. parents unfortunate can ruin everything.
You need to listen to the interview if your going to criticize there is no whining at all and the dad who,I do know isnt Complaining. I Also know the Cuse staff works closely him with many team 91 players he’s not your typical parent Evidence by the fact he had this interview with Quint you didn’t listen to or you would know he spoke about Oneill and Joey and that Joey would be measured by if he helps win the Nat championship. Was a great listen on different fronts. I understand People angry with daughter flipping and I don’t know anything but I’m guessing some of the info on the other board probably contributed to that
if they win it all the critics go away Big things ahead for 2025

Last edited:
Was told you can move Kohn to the not returning list.

Thanks for the update. Not what we wanted to hear, but not totally surprising. Best of luck to Kohn on all future endeavors, I really enjoyed watching him this past year. He was much more than a FOGO.

That obviously leaves the face-off position for the Orange thinner. The good news is Johnny Mullen is more than capable. Perhaps with Kohn gone, knowing he is the main guy, his confidence takes off. You'd still really like to have some depth at that spot. The Orange have a lot of names, but not a lot of proven success, after Mullen. Does Richiusa get thrown back in the mix after a year not taking many competive draws? Does the freshman Drew Angelo get thrown to the wolves? Do they put it all on Mullen? Should be interesting to watch play out.

Thanks for the update. Not what we wanted to hear, but not totally surprising. Best of luck to Kohn on all future endeavors, I really enjoyed watching him this past year. He was much more than a FOGO.

That obviously leaves the face-off position for the Orange thinner. The good news is Johnny Mullen is more than capable. Perhaps with Kohn gone, knowing he is the main guy, his confidence takes off. You'd still really like to have some depth at that spot. The Orange have a lot of names, but not a lot of proven success, after Mullen. Does Richiusa get thrown back in the mix after a year not taking many competive draws? Does the freshman Drew Angelo get thrown to the wolves? Do they put it all on Mullen? Should be interesting to watch play out.
Mullen had a great season so will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom