PUT ALL THE RESOURCES INTO DAN MULLEN | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

PUT ALL THE RESOURCES INTO DAN MULLEN

Exactly. Because you have no news, no access to any information regarding financials.

Then why do I always see people saying "the buyout for Dino is too much?" or we're always behind when it comes to facilities or we've apparently underpaid coaches compared to others across the country? If you have the information and numbers, it'd be appreciated if you share them rather than just complain about my post. Because I don't know our numbers besides what is shared here.

According to the latest interview, Tuck said a coaching change might make him consider not returning. Basically no Dino, no Tuck. We’re stuck. That rhymed.

According to the latest interview, Tuck said a coaching change might make him consider not returning. Basically no Dino, no Tuck. We’re stuck. That rhymed.
Your 1st statement was accurate, but your second wasn't.

It’s a crap job. No boosters, little fan interest, no local talent, no recent history of success, and a basketball dominated school with unrealistic football expectations. ACC is the worst power 5 conference, the dome is “redone” but still 40 years old, the new facilities MIGHT be ready by 2025 what do you do until then on the recruiting trail?
It's the worst power 5 conference yet the only power 5 conference besides the SEC to have a national champion in the past 15 years. Quality of a conference isn't measured by one down year.

I get that the conference tends to be top heavy, but most of the other conferences are outside of the SEC and maybe the Big 10. Biggest issue with the ACC is that Florida St/Miami/Virginia Tech have all been down by their standards for some time now.

Last edited:
You didn't say might.
Fine, you’re right. But we would be crazy to risk it, the fact that he even bothered to mention it leads me to believe that it is likely he would leave. I base that upon information and belief based on the totality of the circumstances.

Then why do I always see people saying "the buyout for Dino is too much?" or we're always behind when it comes to facilities or we've apparently underpaid coaches compared to others across the country? If you have the information and numbers, it'd be appreciated if you share them rather than just complain about my post. Because I don't know our numbers besides what is shared here.
Again, that's the point. Nobody on this board, including me, has a clue regarding the financial circumstances. The only one who may is CTO and that's because she is a trustee.

To counter your statements: SU now has an indoor practice facility and just announced the new student athlete initiative. The Dome just got a huge upgrade. And, from all appearances (yes, I do not have their pay numbers), SU is paying staff competitive salaries.

Again, that's the point. Nobody on this board, including me, has a clue regarding the financial circumstances. The only one who may is CTO and that's because she is a trustee.

To counter your statements: SU now has an indoor practice facility and just announced the new student athlete initiative. The Dome just got a huge upgrade. And, from all appearances (yes, I do not have their pay numbers), SU is paying staff competitive salaries.
If they're capable of putting 150m together for a facilities upgrade they're capable of paying a HC 5m plus a year. Just putting that out there. But capable and wanting to are 2 different things. Clearly we have other priorities.

It's the worst power 5 conference yet the only power 5 conference besides the SEC to have a national champion in the past 15 years.

Ohio State says "Hi!"

I don’t have current list. But as of 2009, SU is right about the middle of the pack for coach salary.
That's not true, they paid shafer 1.3 million which is unacceptable for a P5 coach. They offered Scott Frost 1.2M to become the coach after they fired SS.

If your comparing our HC salary to the entire FBS you would be correct but when your a P5 school you want to be middle of the pack compared to the other P5's not compared to all of the FBS.

It's the worst power 5 conference yet the only power 5 conference besides the SEC to have a national champion in the past 15 years. Quality of a conference isn't measured by one down year.

I get that the conference tends to be top heavy, but most of the other conferences are outside of the SEC and maybe the Big 10. Biggest issue with the ACC is that Florida St/Miami/Virginia Tech have all been down by their standards for some time now.
One down year? Lol The Big 10, Big 12 and SEC are all far better, maybe the ACC beats out the pac-12 but by way of depth the ACC is nothing without Clemson.

So what???

Did Boise State become a power because of those recruiting hotbeds in Idaho and Montana?

Boston College is at least competent on both sides of the ball, year after year. Massachusetts is no hotbed of talent, either.

This team was never built exclusive on players from the 315. We had players from all over the state, and mostly from downstate from Westchester or Long Island. Mix in a few Rochester or Utica kids, some Binghamton kids. Our program was never built on truly local talent.
Interesting that you mention Boise St, their success keeps giving me hope that we can get back to being decent to occasionally good.

Their win over Oklahoma 4-5 years ago maybe my favorite non-SU game.

That's not true, they paid shafer 1.3 million which is unacceptable for a P5 coach. They offered Scott Frost 1.2M to become the coach after they fired SS.

If your comparing our HC salary to the entire FBS you would be correct but when your a P5 school you want to be middle of the pack compared to the other P5's not compared to all of the FBS.
Yes, my post should have said 2019, not 2009. It was a typo. In 2019, HCDM was tied for 55th nationally in salary.

The buyout is not too much. The prospect of a reset might be for many.

Fine, you’re right. But we would be crazy to risk it, the fact that he even bothered to mention it leads me to believe that it is likely he would leave. I base that upon information and belief based on the totality of the circumstances.
It will be absurd if Tucker’s status is a factor in the coach decision. Keeping or firing a head coach is about the long term health of the program, not next season.

If they're capable of putting 150m together for a facilities upgrade they're capable of paying a HC 5m plus a year. Just putting that out there. But capable and wanting to are 2 different things. Clearly we have other priorities.
It should be noted that this project is being fully financed by donors. SU is not 'putting together' any money for it.

Most people, myself included, thought that when Syracuse got into the ACC and the revenues dramatically increased, the program would have enough financial backing to be able to get back to being very strong. Now it appears that there isn't enough money to do what has to be done to run the program and compete at the tough P5 level. More money has not helped one iota to make the football program more competitive, in fact it's not even as good as it was in the first year in the ACC under Shafer.

Most people, myself included, thought that when Syracuse got into the ACC and the revenues dramatically increased, the program would have enough financial backing to be able to get back to being very strong. Now it appears that there isn't enough money to do what has to be done to run the program and compete at the tough P5 level. More money has not helped one iota to make the football program more competitive, in fact it's not even as good as it was in the first year in the ACC under Shafer.
You have no clue regarding the financial circumstances. But, that doesn't stop you from running your mouth.

Have to wonder if we played in the American Conference if we would be 8-4 or 9-3 each year. Of course the move to the ACC had to be done but it gets exhausting being 4-8 every year knowing that a good season is 6-6. Next year’s schedule is rough, better find a way to win Saturday to reach a bowl, it will be so much harder to do so next year.

Go research the numbers across the country for last years covid year without fans.

You have no clue regarding the financial circumstances. But, that doesn't stop you from running your mouth.
Well, this has been far from some panacea for the Syracuse football program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom