Class of 2019 - QB Garrett Shrader (NC) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/19/20) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 QB Garrett Shrader (NC) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/19/20)

It is still between a guy that has been in the system for years and another guy that was a wide out this year at another school. Tommy is the favorite.
all I know is we're not locked into any one player, which is a good thing. And I've seen enough to know that Tommy has a million-dollar arm, and a very poor feel for the game. So I would expect that a player coming in and participating in Spring ball, who has started in the SEC and produced, would have a massive opportunity to displace him. And that's exactly what I expect to happen.

And if Tommy proves me wrong and steps it up, disco. May the best player win.

Do we have to do this? Can we just be happy we’re bringing in another kid to compete. The competition will evaluate the play and we’ll have an actual competent #2.

Ditto 1000%

We should be excited that we FINALLY have quality depth on our QB depth chart and let the 1/2 play itself out in the Spring. Not squabbling about crap none of us can even assess until after spring practice at a minimum anyway.

Welcome aboard GS! Now let's get some upperclassman OL and a outside WR to add into the mix. This is a great development layered on top of the players we have opting for the 5th/6th year coming back and retaining 95% of the recruiting class. Let's keep the momentum going!

Very interesting and good thing for Syracuse University Football. A transfer coming in with a giant chip on his shoulder and something he feels he needs to prove verses a young man who has been listening to every arm chair quarterback expert on this forum dissect all his perceived short comings for two years. Suffice to say his pilot light has been turned up with todays news. Would love to be a fly in the quarterback room and at practices this next spring and fall. The real winner today is Syracuse University Football. May the best quarterback win. Go Orange!!!!!!

I think he is the starting QB beginning with Albany. Tommy will win the job because he is good at practice. Then vs Ohio he will have a decent game. But Rutgers he will be overwhelmed and that is his end.

Glad we have another option ready to go. We can redshirt Morgan, Tex, and Lamson.

It is still between a guy that has been in the system for years and another guy that was a wide out this year at another school. Tommy is the favorite.
He turned down Louisville and VT. Places he could have started at. He is not coming here to watch Tommy. He still has to prove he is better. I just think it will take a lot for him not to get the nod.

Well this is awesome news. Been so caught up with the basketball stuff that I missed this!

Look, now that we know he's coming...

Fact is, we haven't had a QB survive the full season while Babers has been here.

Regardless of who starts, history suggests we're going to see at least 2 QBs play next season.

Now at least those QBs will be from a group that includes a guy with a lot of ACC starts, a guy with SEC starts, and a guy with a couple ACC starts.

That's a healthier group.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom