Class of 2019 - QB Garrett Shrader (NC) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/19/20) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 QB Garrett Shrader (NC) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/19/20)

It is still between a guy that has been in the system for years and another guy that was a wide out this year at another school. Tommy is the favorite.

And, of course, the coaching staff pursued the Mississippi St QB because they were very confident in Tommy.

(silence)

Expecting DS to transfer and Tommy to have a real challenge winning the job he should have cemented in 2019.

And, of course, the coaching staff pursued the Mississippi St QB because they were very confident in Tommy.

(silence)

Expecting DS to transfer and Tommy to have a real challenge winning the job he should have cemented in 2019.
You can never have enough good players. I don't care which one starts. I don't know either kid. I just think a kid that has been in the program for 4 years has a big advantage over a kid that played wide out this year. I hope this kid is as good as Donovan McNabb. But he also has 3 more years to play. Stock up all the talent you can. injuries and their play will sort it out.

(silence)

This is nonsensical argument coming off of the season we just had

They recruited him to have 2 ACC caliber QBs on the roster. That’s it. The whole thing IMO

Tommy still has first crack at job let this kid play some series or mix him in . We cant be in a position with one experienced QB again going into the season.

Well Tommy has a leg up! Been in the system for much longer. Great to bring in some depth to the position. Welcome Garrett "NASCAR" Scrader!!

(silence)

DS hasn’t been part of the QB depth chart for a while and the odds of him transferring didn’t decrease or increase with this addition - it’s mutually exclusive because DS was never going to play QB here anyway.

Hope TD sticks around and defends his job. Anywhere he goes, he'll have to compete and here he has a head start knowing the offense.
Is he immediately eligible for 2021, or doe he have to sit 1 year?

The NCAA Transfer portal does NOT show he is immediately eligible.
Can anyone clarify?

Is he immediately eligible for 2021, or doe he have to sit 1 year?

The NCAA Transfer portal does NOT show he is immediately eligible.
Can anyone clarify?
Expected to be immediately eligible

Hopefully this doesn’t lead to Dillon or Jacobion transferring, I am really high on Morgan being a starter in a year or two
They can only transfer down to FCS. Dillon might be able to get a spot at Texas State. His brother plays there.

IMHO, one of the two will transfer after Spring Ball. Probably whomever is 4th String. Transferring is so easy now and this Covid thing has really killed kids having much fun at college socially...I expect some after Spring Ball.

Rumors are Summers had an injury that really set him back as a legit QB. If true, a Med DQ might be best for everyone.

Last edited:
Just talked to my Miss St fan neighbor about him. Said he is a warrior, just didn't fit the air raid. Said we got a good one. Then he bitched about the air-raid for 10 minutes
The great thing living down South i.e. college football. 8/10 of your male neighbors can talk college football and 5/10 of their wives can too.

This is Fing Huge! What does this say to Tommy. Garrett's going to get immediate eligibility due to the new rule. He's not coming here to sit.

I sure hope Tommy sticks around. Wouldn’t we be right back where we started if he transferred depth wise? Having both TD and GS is better than we’ve had it in years. We need to keep that depth.

Last edited:
The great thing living down South i.e. college football. 8/10 of your male neighbors can talk college football and 5/10 of their wives can too.
Very true. Just in my section of our neighborhood (far Atlanta suburbs), we have LSU, Ohio St, Georgia, Bama, Clemson, Florida & Miss St fans. And they display it.

What is really cool is that a fellow Syracuse fan moved in a few months back. Finally got to meet him the other day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom